Lovie Smith Fired | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

He strikes me as having a bland Philbin like personality. We don't need Rex buffoonery but we do need some fire and enthusiasm in our next HC. Lovie's best years are behind him. Thanks but no thanks.

Ok...well...****! Another farkin' competitor team for a coach. This just sucks...they have the sun and tax free state as well....crap!

They also now have a history of firing HCs every 2 years ... if anything, our owner allows them to stay too long.

They must be promoting Koetter. Winston had a promising rookie season, and you don't mess with his dynamic.

Put Lovie Smith on my wish list. Experienced, knows how to teach and install a defense, usually prefers a strong OC and leaves that side of the ball alone. I've never heard a bad thing uttered about Lovie from players or coaches on his staff.

Biggest drawback would be the extent to which Lovie would need to remake the defense into his preferred system. We would likely need to resign OV and devote a good 75% of our draft and free agency resources to making over the defense.

If Bucs hire OC Dirk Koetter it's sign Lovie firing was long in the works b/c Dolphins were interested in Koetter, mysteriously backed off.@ArmandoSalguero

I dont get that logic. We havent asked to interview him and Im sure other teams might have had interest. not sure why armando feels that we were so interested compared to anybody else

I dont get that logic. We havent asked to interview him and Im sure other teams might have had interest. not sure why armando feels that we were so interested compared to anybody else

We may have asked. Just because it wasn't on twitter doesn't mean it didn't happen.

We may have asked. Just because it wasn't on twitter doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What you say is somewhat true but rarely do these things go un publicized. I personally dont believe it. If we want koetter we can still interview and hire him.
I think they believe they might lose him with all the openings but I dont buy what Armando is selling. He didnt give any rational explanation

Im thinking they wanted to take personnel power from Smith or fire his DC.
From what I understand he was in control of 53 man roster and GM incharge of draft.

Lovie Smith's defense has been solved for the past 10 years and the Bucs did the smartest thing they could when they aborted the Lovie era. The Dolphins should have done the same right after *****boy gate and fired Philbin.

If you think Lovie Smith is a good coach, go watch any of the Bucs games for the last 2 years. You will see back up QBs shredding his defense time after time. In 2014, Cam Newton didn't play against the Bucs in either game because of injuries but the Panthers were 2-0 in those games due to Derek Anderson having career games against Lovie Smith's Defense. Do you know who Austin Davis is? He used to play for the Rams as the 3rd string QB and he also had a career game against the Bucs and Lovies Defense. In 2015, Marcus Mariota had an amazing start to his career against Lovie Smiths defense. Kirk Cousins completed a comeback after being down by 24-0 in the 2nd quarter because Lovie Smiths defense can't stop anyone. 59 year old Matt Hasselback scored 25 points on Lovie Smiths defense and beat him this year. Kase Keenum went 14/17 2TDs 234 yards against Lovie Smiths defense.

Lovie Smiths defense allows oppsing QBs to have a 70% Completion Percentage.

8-24 in two years.

And Lovie Smith is on your list? HAHAHAHA Do your research instead of being enamored with name recognition.:crazy:

If Koetter doesn't get promoted to HC in Tampa and becomes available, I could see Tannenbaum hiring a defensive minded HC for the Dolphins and bringing in Koetter as our OC. Mike Smith/Koetter or Teryl Austin/Koetter could be real possibilities.

Tannenbaum wants the best coaching combo, not just the best HC.

You know what is HUGE....Dirk Koetter COULD come free.

Sign Koetter up with Mike Smith and now I have NO PROBLEM with Mike Smith. Koetter would be unreal for RT.

This is interesting...

Again, those that want to rush out to find a HC are foolish....let the market come back to you.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

This has Josh McDaniels written all over it.

I think Dirk may be the new Bucs HC...

Back
Top Bottom