LSU -bama | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU -bama

You mean like what Clyde Edwards-Helaire did for LSU in the second half?
What about the first half and the 33 points?

LSU was in the driver's seat...Burrow had the match-up won at that time...no question. Tua hit two long bombs on a freshman who was betrayed by his coaching staff on both bombs.

What about the first half and the 33 points?

LSU was in the driver's seat...Burrow had the match-up won at that time...no question. Tua hit two long bombs on a freshman who was betrayed by his coaching staff on both bombs.
Burrow played well the 1st half Tua played well the second half, can’t you give both guys credit for that game? It was a damn good game with 2 good QB prospects.

Somebody needs to make a gif of that balls 4th and 2 almost opposite hash red zone td throw by tua with 532 left to the front pylon basically.

that suckers boss. The timing the placement the stones to throw that given the game situation pure boss.

Burrow played well the 1st half Tua played well the second half, can’t you give both guys credit for that game? It was a damn good game with 2 good QB prospects.
Burrow actually played well the whole game...as did Tua.

Burrow played better. He led his team against more adversity.

I’m interested to know your reasons. I thought they were both fairly interesting but you seem to have gone strongly for one candidate.... just curious

Absolutely Do and I’m not surprised at your reaction.

just to confirm you’re talking Tua over Burrow right?

Posted this in the Draft Buffet, but I figured I'd post it here, as well:

Thought Burrow played well, but most of his throws were pretty easy. Lots of short stuff where a WR was wide open over the middle or passes to the RB in the flat. If Alabama made a few more tackles against #22, they probably win that game.

Bottom line to me is that Burrow played how we expect him to play. LSU outclassed Alabama, and Trevon Diggs played a particularly poor game. For a stretch in the 2nd half, Alabama didn't allow as much separation, and they tackled better. They stopped LSU on those drives. Burrow played the same all game. I'm surprised Alabama was so content to let LSU complete easy passes underneath. With the exception of a couple blown coverages, Burrow didn't make any throws downfield. How does this translate to the NFL? Well, Burrow's poise, ability to see the field, and accuracy short and medium absolutely do translate. His escapability also translates. But, I'd expect NFL teams to make them win downfield, taking away the easy stuff, and I don't think Burrow did anything to answer those questions.

Tua, by contrast, made a bunch of bigtime throws - some dropped by his receivers. After Jeudy dropped the perfect deep throw, Tua came back and completed a 15-20 yard pass to Ruggs on 3rd and 10; after Jeudy dropped the TD in the 4th (another perfect pass), Tua came back to him with a perfect pass from the far hash.

LSU took away the easy stuff and made Tua make bigtime throws - also forcing his receivers to make more difficult plays.

Tua made two awful plays and paid for both. Burrow's errant throws fell harmlessly to the turf - even when there were defenders nearby. Over the course of time, these things tend to balance out, but they can be lopsided during any particular game.

I don't agree with people who say that this game put Burrow on Tua's level, but that's not a knock on Burrow. In the right situation, he can get it done. He's willing and able to work the middle, has really good feet, and he sees the field and throws with good anticipation. But, I don't think he's like a Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson - a guy that can come in and make special plays that transform an otherwise bad offense into a good offense. Tua is that kind of QB.

yes, exactly this. I walked away with that exact same read. This is obviously much more thorough and thought out, but broad strokes are there.

As always J Off you knock it outta the park with a write up

Absolutely Do and I’m not surprised at your reaction.

just to confirm you’re talking Tua over Burrow right?

Actually no I thought both had strengths and weaknesses. Whichever teams they both end up with will have different olines infront of them and will be playing against totally different Dlines. As a unbiased person who doesn’t support any college just the fins, I want the best for us and couldn’t give two cr@ps about the actual colleges and all I care about I sseeing the best players in draft come to the fins (I’m 46 I wanna see us win a SB b4 I die.... :) ) so I’m unbiased I assure you, but Tua’s oline was like a sieve and Burrow got much better protection.

As I said, when they start playing in the NFL it’s an entirely different beast and I have a little questions about burrow and how he would cope under continuous pressure with a weak Oline in front him. next season say he goes to the Bengals.... I think he’ll struggle (personal opinion) and Tua had some weaknesses too but I saw enough to be happy to take either if they are available with our own pick but didn’t see enough from either to trade picks away to ensure we get one of them

Actually no I thought both had strengths and weaknesses. Whichever teams they both end up with will have different olines infront of them and will be playing against totally different Dlines. As a unbiased person who doesn’t support any college just the fins, I want the best for us and couldn’t give two cr@ps about the actual colleges and all I care about I sseeing the best players in draft come to the fins (I’m 46 I wanna see us win a SB b4 I die.... :) ) so I’m unbiased I assure you, but Tua’s oline was like a sieve and Burrow got much better protection.

As I said, when they start playing in the NFL it’s an entirely different beast and I have a little questions about burrow and how he would cope under continuous pressure with a weak Oline in front him. next season say he goes to the Bengals.... I think he’ll struggle (personal opinion) and Tua had some weaknesses too but I saw enough to be happy to take either if they are available with our own pick but didn’t see enough from either to trade picks away to ensure we get one of them

I do not understand your original question, then. It’s almost as if you’re implying I’m biased one way or the other

I do not understand your original question, then. It’s almost as if you’re implying I’m biased one way or the other

It’s easy to think that when so many posts attack other people’s opinion. I wasn’t I can assure you I just wanted to know your reasoning, it was a straight question and I won’t comment on your opinion I just wanted to know what made one stand out so much for you.

It’s easy to think that when so many posts attack other people’s opinion. I wasn’t I can assure you I just wanted to know your reasoning, it was a straight question and I won’t comment on your opinion I just wanted to know what made one stand out so much for you.

so it WAS about Tua v. Burrow! Ok i understand

To summarize -

my opinion is burrow did amazing things that will work in college. Tua did amazing things that will translate to the nfl. Tua has such pinpoint accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom