LSU vs. Alabama | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU vs. Alabama

Jimmy James said:
Alabama v Virginia Tech?

I don't know that is a good BCS matchup, but it is the one I want somewhere somehow.

I don't think the ACC will get that at-large BCS bid. VT screwed the pooch by losing to Miami. Back to the GATOR BOWL for VT most likely.

MikeO said:
Well, YEAH!!!!! because you can go back and READ what was said!:shakeno: :shakeno:

You can't be this stupid!

There you go again, disagreeing with people just for the sake of argument.

I am in this discussion because I am defending LSU and the SEC.

You argue just to argue. The good 'ole MikeO way. Hide behind your cloth of ambiguity, not telling anyone who your team is, or what you really believe.

You just criticize what everyone else says. Like I said before, you wonder why you are by far the most unpopular poster on this site. Hell, everyone rathers the bills fans over you.

kastofsna120 said:
beating louisville at home was incredible. but did you see the miami game? one of the worst offensive performances i've ever seen. and pittsburgh beat them pretty soundly.....yeah, pittsburgh. i hope they beat west virginia, but even that game i'm not so sure about, although thankfully it's at home

I will have to make a point to show up for that one so we can clash, er, discuss it in progress.

Jimmy James said:
I will have to make a point to show up for that one so we can clash, er, discuss it in progress.
should a hokie fan really be rooting for westva??

kastofsna120 said:
should a hokie fan really be rooting for westva??

Now you can't even remember which teams you arbitrarily assigned me. :rofl3:

I couldn't possibly be a VPI (which is what Virginia Tech really is -- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) fan or a Cavs fan -- I have attended William & Mary and the University of Richmond. ;)

ETA: Due to VPI's wretched behavior during the ACC expansion debacle, it is unlikely WVU and VPI will be playing each other unless it just so happens to be in a bowl situation.

Jimmy James said:
I'd like nothing better, but that's the problem -- the heads of these conferences are the enemies of the fans that make up the fanbases of their member schools. I have seen nothing like it anywhere else.

Thumbs up to you for not even trying to defend last year. I would also suggest to you that you not even try to defend the year before, though.

Im not defending anything. Im just saying......the system is the system and i don't mind if there is a SPLIT NATIONAL TITLE! So, 2 teams claim to be #1.

THAT IS WHAT MAKS THIS SPORT SO SPECIAL AND BETTER THAN ANY OTHER! With a playoff, college football would blow. Can you imagine a "what if" you had a Michigan-Ohio St game next week where both teams are resting starters because they don't want anyone injured going into the College football tournament.....it would be a joke. It would ruin the sport. You would have big rival games at the end of the year where teams who would already be in the playoff would just mail it in or rest their star players. This isn't basketball........it's very different.

The controversy is what makes this sport the best. Take that away, and you lose alot.

DolphinDevil28 said:
There you go again, disagreeing with people just for the sake of argument.

Actually if you READ I am agreeing with everyone else here. You are alone on your stance.

Jimmy James said:
Now you can't even remember which teams you arbitrarily assigned me. :rofl3:

I couldn't possibly be a VPI (which is what Virginia Tech really is -- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) fan or a Cavs fan -- I have attended William & Mary and the University of Richmond. ;)
but it makes sense that you would like alabama, right?

MikeO said:
Actually if you READ I am agreeing with everyone else here. You are alone on your stance.

You wish. If you would have gone back and read like you said you did, you would have seen Jimmy James' posts.

kastofsna120 said:
but it makes sense that you would like alabama, right?

That's a long story. Have you ever lived in Alabama? If you haven't, you probably wouldn't understand. The short version is that upon my arrival in the state at age 11, I was pretty much threatened with severe beating if I didn't choose a side. It's a lot like prison, where you have to pick a gang to protect you or all the gangs will end up beating you to death (and worse).

There is no conflict between W&M or Richmond and Alabama or WVU. Back in the day, Bowden's WVU and Holtz's W&M were big rivals, but that was a LOOOOONG time ago. It is hard for me to abandon my classmates from W&M when talking about the I-AA action, but I think I have to because I am in fact a current Richmond student and identify with the Spiders more than I ever did with the stupidly named "Tribe".

Jimmy James said:
That's a long story. Have you ever lived in Alabama? If you haven't, you probably wouldn't understand. The short version is that upon my arrival in the state at age 11, I was pretty much threatened with severe beating if I didn't choose a side. It's a lot like prison, where you have to pick a gang to protect you or all the gangs will end up beating you to death (and worse).
my dad lives in montgomery and he says people switch sides all the time. doesn't sound that threatening

kastofsna120 said:
my dad lives in montgomery and he says people switch sides all the time. doesn't sound that threatening

The folks must be more hard core north of Birmingham. Seriously -- it's a scary thing in a way.

Alabama gave me the same feeling as UCLA this year: it was only a matter of time. UCLA couldn't play D, Alabama became pathetic on O. Props to Alabama for reaching 9-0...unfortunately for them I believe the win against Mississippi State will be their last one this year

CirclingWagons said:
Alabama gave me the same feeling as UCLA this year: it was only a matter of time. UCLA couldn't play D, Alabama became pathetic on O. Props to Alabama for reaching 9-0...unfortunately for them I believe the win against Mississippi State will be their last one this year

Have you projected out who they'll be playing in a bowl? I can understand predicting a loss to Auburn even though I disagree with it, but I'm struggling with how you can be so categorical in your statement about it being the last one until I know who they're playing in their bowl.

Back
Top Bottom