LSU vs. Alabama | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU vs. Alabama

Jimmy James said:
LSU should absolutely jump Miami and play for the NC over them if they win out. Theirs was an overtime loss that has been compensated for with two hard fought overtime wins over Alabama and Auburn. Winning out means beating likely Georgia with Shockley in Atlanta in the SEC Championship. The SEC features the best and toughest college football in the nation -- any SEC team tied in record with any other school should get preferential treatment.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Any blind Miami fan who says the ACC is tougher than the SEC is dilusional. SEC defenses are like NFL defenses.

kastofsna120 said:
lol, i'm tired of the SEC getting so much love. miami would destroy any team in the SEC easily, as would USC, texas, notre dame and vatech. if LSU is ranked ahead of miami it'd be stupid. but that won't happen, so who cares?

:lol::lol::lol:

ARE YOU FREIKING SERIOUS????

I guess that's why Auburn went 13-0 last year and didn't go to the National Championship game.
If anything, the SEC is IGNORED by the BCS.

How can ANYONE not realize this is the TOUGHEST, HARDEST AND BEST conference in America???

...as for your prediction, we will see when LSU meets Miami in a BCS Bowl game. If both teams win out, that's what'll happen.

And I'll say this. Miami has played VA Tech. And they STILL haven't seen a defense like LSU's.

The U = TIGER BAIT.

jtsacksyou said:
4 Miami (Fla.)
5 Penn State
6 Virginia Tech
7 LSU

theres the bcs u r correct kast of

NOT anymore. We're moving way up, passing Penn State for sure.

LSU and Miami are currently battling for 3rd in the polls and the BCS, and when we win the SEC Championship, that will give us the edge.

who cares about the conferences? miami is better than any SEC team, period. the SEC gets TONS of love from all the media and all you moron fans. the BCS doesn't give it love because it has no opinion and only goes by the numbers, which is why auburn was shut out of the title game. although maybe it was playing the citadel that hurt.....either way, they weren't better than oklahoma or USC

LSU's defense is not even close to miami's

DolphinDevil28 said:
NOT anymore. We're moving way up, passing Penn State for sure.

LSU and Miami are currently battling for 3rd in the polls and the BCS, and when we win the SEC Championship, that will give us the edge.
let's see, miami only loss was to a ranked FSU team, while LSU's loss was to a tennessee team that is going to have a hard time even getting to a bowl game. LSU's biggest win was on the road against a weak offensive team in overtime, miami's was on the road against a good offensive team in a blowout fashion

it's moot as LSU will lose in the SEC championship anyway

kastofsna120 said:
who cares about the conferences? miami is better than any SEC team, period. the SEC gets TONS of love from all the media and all you moron fans. the BCS doesn't give it love because it has no opinion and only goes by the numbers, which is why auburn was shut out of the title game. although maybe it was playing the citadel that hurt.....either way, they weren't better than oklahoma or USC

LSU's defense is not even close to miami's

WTF??? I'm talking football, and you say that??

I could stoop to your level, but I won't.

How can you say Miami is better than any SEC team when they haven't played one???

Like I said, all us "MORON" fans will see when LSU meets Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

I'd love to match up SEC teams against the ACC teams rank by rank to prove you wrong.

kastofsna120 said:
let's see, miami only loss was to a ranked FSU team, while LSU's loss was to a tennessee team that is going to have a hard time even getting to a bowl game. LSU's biggest win was on the road against a weak offensive team in overtime, miami's was on the road against a good offensive team in a blowout fashion

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TO WHO??????????

:lol:

P.S. If you don't think Auburn would have given USC a better game last year than Oklahoma did then you are crazier than I thought...which is pretty hard to imagine.

P.P.S. Your point about us losing to Tennessee and you losing to FSU is dumb, because FSU is really tearing it up too, huh? :rolleyes:

kastofsna120 said:
yeah i remember that from early this season

oh wait, that was over a decade ago, meaning it means nothing now

It means nothing is what the loser of the big game always says. Are you a Dolphins fan? Tell me you don't celebrate those Super Bowl wins and that perfect season even now.

Jimmy James said:
It means nothing is what the loser of the big game always says. Are you a Dolphins fan? Tell me you don't celebrate those Super Bowl wins and that perfect season even now.

So? I also celebrate about the win over the pats last year, does that have any relevance whatsoever to tomorrows game? No. It means nothing.

DolphinDevil28 said:
WTF??? I'm talking football, and you say that??

I could stoop to your level, but I won't.

How can you say Miami is better than any SEC team when they haven't played one???

Like I said, all us "MORON" fans will see when LSU meets Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

I'd love to match up SEC teams against the ACC teams rank by rank to prove you wrong.

Calling fans blind and delusional is pretty much the equivilant of calling them a moron. I didn't get upset when you said it, now return the favor.

kastofsna120 said:

Here is the hard, cold fact:

At the time of the Miami-FSU game on September 5, 2005, Florida State was #14 in the nation. Tennessee was #3. At the time of the LSU-Tennessee game, Tennessee was #10 and Florida State was #6. Even if we're charitable to FSU by allowing an average of the positions at the critical times for this measure, FSU's average rank was #10 and Tennessee's rank was #6.5.

Riddle me this: Tennessee played ND close. ND played USC extremely close. Would you trust a team like Virginia (what would supposedly be the equivalent in the ACC to what the Vols are) to play ND tough?

Caps said:
Calling fans blind and delusional is pretty much the equivilant of calling them a moron. I didn't get upset when you said it, now return the favor.

I disagree. Blind and delusional are not words used to describe a person's ordinary state of being. You say the ref is blind, but that means you think he was transactionally bad. He blew the call. Delusional works the same way. Being a moron is a permanent state akin to being a "******". I think that is precisely what crosses the line from arguing the merits to name calling.

Jimmy James said:

At the time of the Miami-FSU game on September 5, 2005, Florida State was #14 in the nation. Tennessee was #3. At the time of the LSU-Tennessee game, Tennessee was #10 and Florida State was #6. Even if we're charitable to FSU by allowing an average of the positions at the critical times for this measure, FSU's average rank was #10 and Tennessee's rank was #6.5.

Riddle me this: Tennessee played ND close. ND played USC extremely close. Would you trust a team like Virginia (what would supposedly be the equivalent in the ACC to what the Vols are) to play ND tough?
Tennessee played ND close for about a quarter of that game..ND was in control the whole time and then blew them out when it mattered in the 4th.

Jimmy James said:

who cares where they were ranked? tennessee sucks and didn't deserve to be ranked #3

Jimmy James said:
i wasn't alive for any of them, so they mean nothing to me (i was born on the day of super bowl XIX though)

Back
Top Bottom