LsuSports.TV | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LsuSports.TV

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Nick 007

This site has all the LSU games from the last five years. I registered so I can see how Nick runs his Defense. It's something amazing to watch. I'm translating that's how our defense is going to play. If that's the case all I can say is look out, because we should be Dominant in a scheme such as Nick's..I fast forward when LSU is on offense because it's going to be completely different with Scot Linehan. No more of the Vanilla man-press rush only four; if we get no pressure oh well D. Our Defense will now have alot of movements, shifts, blitzes and coverages, and schemes to attack the offense on any given play..Every player seems to be in the right place at the right time..And if Nick can Coordinate the Browns D in '93 to #1, there's no doubt in my mind we should also be number one..Also I love the fact that Nick believes in teaching, more than hitting during practice, because that should keep our D fresh through out the year..

Games of Interest
04- LSU VS. Auburn- Ronnie and CAdi and Campbell
04- LSU VS. Razorbacks,-MAtt Jones
04 @ Georgia- David Greene

In watching these games I can see Nick philosophy in regards to his grade system for each positions.

All the CB's seem to be tall and have long arms including the Safeties..
All the DE's seem to big 6'3 and above..
and All the Lb's back are big as well. His Defense is huge..

It's $5.95 for entire month..But it's worth it I think..

fishypete said:
Lets see DE's big....Spears....Lb's big....Merriman....sounds about right.

Does Saban like tweeners ? Because those two fit the bill.It used to be derogatory to be called a tweener but now they are popular.I think they would do well in a Saban system.

Do you mean to say versatile? That's what Saban wants in the defense.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Nick 007

This site has all the LSU games from the last five years. I registered so I can see how Nick runs his Defense. It's something amazing to watch. I'm translating that's how our defense is going to play. If that's the case all I can say is look out, because we should be Dominant in a scheme such as Nick's..I fast forward when LSU is on offense because it's going to be completely different with Scot Linehan. No more of the Vanilla man-press rush only four; if we get no pressure oh well D. Our Defense will now have alot of movements, shifts, blitzes and coverages, and schemes to attack the offense on any given play..Every player seems to be in the right place at the right time..And if Nick can Coordinate the Browns D in '93 to #1, there's no doubt in my mind we should also be number one..Also I love the fact that Nick believes in teaching, more than hitting during practice, because that should keep our D fresh through out the year..

Games of Interest
04- LSU VS. Auburn- Ronnie and CAdi and Campbell
04- LSU VS. Razorbacks,-MAtt Jones
04 @ Georgia- David Greene

In watching these games I can see Nick philosophy in regards to his grade system for each positions.

All the CB's seem to be tall and have long arms including the Safeties..
All the DE's seem to big 6'3 and above..
and All the Lb's back are big as well. His Defense is huge..

It's $5.95 for entire month..But it's worth it I think..

Saban did wonders with that team (browns) Bill Belichick's favorite play was to run metcalf up the middle. If bill is in charge of the pats offense than I can't wait. he will be a lot more conservative than charlie weiss. Bill is great at defense but on offense he is offensive. :tongue:

I've been lurking on your board and it appears that the Dolphin fans are starting to understand Saban. Controls the communication of the organization, runs a tight ship and can speak for an hour and not give any new information. He is a fine coach. Don't let this past football season give indication of a Saban run defense. If you want to really understand his defense, you have to look to the 2003 national championship season. You need experience players to make his system work. It is a very complicated defense. It requires players to really know what they are doing against a given offensive set. It is not simply someone playing an area, but they have to know how to read the "keys" that the offense shows. I feel that the Saban defense will work better in the pros because people will participate longer in the system than they could in college. In his 5 years at LSU, Saban's DT's could always give pressure up front. The DE's were mainly to give containment vs. the run and if they got to the QB for a sack then that was just icing. LB's are the playmakers - both in filling the gaps and with the blitz. DB's need to be able to play on an island if necessary which would allow the safeties to free lance and create confusion with the QB's head. Saban will not allow the Miami defense to play a game unprepared. The one glaring issue that his LSU defense would struggle with is that they would get "lost" sometimes because there was so much to think about with his defense. Saban's defense will look nothing like anything I see in the NFL right now. It will be creative - just like the Patriots, but were NE likes to focus on the LB's, Saban will focus on the secondary - both corners and safeties. It is the secondary that can confuse a QB more than anything when trying to read a defense. Disguise is the answer. You will enjoy watching your defense this year.

LSUTigah said:
I've been lurking on your board and it appears that the Dolphin fans are starting to understand Saban. Controls the communication of the organization, runs a tight ship and can speak for an hour and not give any new information. He is a fine coach. Don't let this past football season give indication of a Saban run defense. If you want to really understand his defense, you have to look to the 2003 national championship season. You need experience players to make his system work. It is a very complicated defense. It requires players to really know what they are doing against a given offensive set. It is not simply someone playing an area, but they have to know how to read the "keys" that the offense shows. I feel that the Saban defense will work better in the pros because people will participate longer in the system than they could in college. In his 5 years at LSU, Saban's DT's could always give pressure up front. The DE's were mainly to give containment vs. the run and if they got to the QB for a sack then that was just icing. LB's are the playmakers - both in filling the gaps and with the blitz. DB's need to be able to play on an island if necessary which would allow the safeties to free lance and create confusion with the QB's head. Saban will not allow the Miami defense to play a game unprepared. The one glaring issue that his LSU defense would struggle with is that they would get "lost" sometimes because there was so much to think about with his defense. Saban's defense will look nothing like anything I see in the NFL right now. It will be creative - just like the Patriots, but were NE likes to focus on the LB's, Saban will focus on the secondary - both corners and safeties. It is the secondary that can confuse a QB more than anything when trying to read a defense. Disguise is the answer. You will enjoy watching your defense this year.

I've watched three games so far from '03 season and I can see what you mean..

Back
Top Bottom