Lucas Confidence | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas Confidence

How confident are you guys in Ray Lucas??

• He'll be just as effective as Jay

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • He'll be more effective then Jay (especially in the deep passing game)

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • He'll do but Hurry back Jay

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Just End the Season

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
I think he will do better then Jay. He has a better arm, and he can throw the deep ball.

Next week's game will be very interesting. Honestly, I don't expect him to come out right away this week and do any better than Jay. I wouldn't be suprised if he struggles a bit. I mean, he hasn't started in a long time. And preseason is just that: preseason.

But I have confidence in Lucas. I think he can play lights out. The only question is whether or not he can play as smart and as consistent as Jay has this year.

I think he'll be dangerous as a QB than Jay for the time being. But he's not the longterm option. Jay needs to man the position. He's too good of a game-manager and has done way too much to win over the confidence of his teammates.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I have confidence in him but I would rather see Jay Fiedler throwing the football.

HOLY CRAP!!! Did I read that correctly? Ice wanting Jay back there throwing the ball! I think it's OK for me to die, because now I've seen it all!
:lol: :biggrin: :lol:

I'll say that he was running a sweet game in preseason...even considering it was only preseason. He, as a QB, was pretty up to snuff. Now that it's the season though, he's been down for 6 weeks. He needs to get a lot of snaps this week to get the cobwebs out.

I've got faith that he's a player, and will do whatever it takes. But this next week I'm praying for Mr. Taylor to do his best to wear a condom during the Bills game. Because I think he's going to f*ck Bledsose every chance he gets. hehe :D

Ray has a stronger arm, but he lacks touch on the short stuff. I'm curious to see if Norv goes to a deeper game and de-emphasizes the flair patterns.

Originally posted by rafael
Ray has a stronger arm, but he lacks touch on the short stuff. I'm curious to see if Norv goes to a deeper game and de-emphasizes the flair patterns.

Excellent point raf... I'm not sure that Ray's strengths fit this style of offense as well as Jays does. Ray isn't as accurate or have the same touch on the short 5-10 yard patterns that Jay has been using to kill opponents. However the added threat of a deepball is nice, but it's still a lower percentage pass than the short crossing patterns that we have been using.

With Lucas we will probably throw on first down alot more often than we did with Jay... The dolphins MO so far this season has been,
1st down) pound with ricky
2nd down) pound with ricky
3rd down) very accurate short pass with Jay.

It will be interesting to see Norvs playcalling this week against a suspect Defense with a QB like Lucas, but I would still rather have Jay back there. Hurry back Man!!!!! (Thank god for the bye-week)

LOL you feeling ok? :D

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I have confidence in him but I would rather see Jay Fiedler throwing the football.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing, MUCK...

Originally posted by Muck
Next week's game will be very interesting. Honestly, I don't expect him to come out right away this week and do any better than Jay. I wouldn't be suprised if he struggles a bit. I mean, he hasn't started in a long time. And preseason is just that: preseason.

But I have confidence in Lucas. I think he can play lights out. The only question is whether or not he can play as smart and as consistent as Jay has this year.

I hope you don't mind if I quote you and say...

DITTO, what Muck said!!

:lol: :D :lol:

I'm not sure that Ray isn't a better fit for this offense...

Originally posted by Barbarian

Excellent point raf... I'm not sure that Ray's strengths fit this style of offense as well as Jays does. Ray isn't as accurate or have the same touch on the short 5-10 yard patterns that Jay has been using to kill opponents. However the added threat of a deepball is nice, but it's still a lower percentage pass than the short crossing patterns that we have been using.

With Lucas we will probably throw on first down alot more often than we did with Jay... The dolphins MO so far this season has been,
1st down) pound with ricky
2nd down) pound with ricky
3rd down) very accurate short pass with Jay.

It will be interesting to see Norvs playcalling this week against a suspect Defense with a QB like Lucas, but I would still rather have Jay back there. Hurry back Man!!!!! (Thank god for the bye-week)

and it will be interesting to see how things go this week. I think if Chambers misses, then we are going to struggle a bit in those intermediate areas that we love so well. DB's have to favor the side Chambers is playing because he is so dangerous, I don't know if they feel the same way about McNight or Ward.

As with most, I am a little concerned about Ray at QB. I think it is mostly because I haven't seen him play for a couple of months. I do feel a lot better having Jay on the sideline supporting and coaching Ray during the game. That should provide a big benifit to Ray and also put my mind at ease as Sunday nears. IMO, I think Ray has turned the corner because of the help and support he has received from Jay.

:D :cool: :D

Everyone needs to calm down...Ray will be just fine. Plus this gives all the Jay bashers a chance to see what someone else could do in our offense...:evil:

Back
Top Bottom