Lucas WILL NOT practice until early next week (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas WILL NOT practice until early next week (merged)

Re: Dolphins: Lucas misses practice with sore left hip

Originally posted by dolphan39
Dolphins: Lucas misses practice with sore left hip not sure if that is a good or bad thing :rolleyes:

Since his problems in my eyes were always accuracy and touch this seeems like a problem that he can't practice. Yet, his main problems, I thought, were that he was not composed. He was way overconfident after the 1st drive and then quickly uncomposed when things went downhill. As a QB you have to be calm. You can not unravel like he did nor can you ever think you have the opponent wrapped up.

You can not teach that in practice. You need to do that emotionally. And you can learn that only in game like situations.

The good thing though is...the coaches see what Sage could do.

Well I think the more practice he gets the more comfortable he will be and the less chance of him coming unraveled.. He didn't seem to have any problems making passes on that first drive.. No.. I think what happened was that fumble really shook him up.. and he could not recover.. I would like to see what Sage has also.. he looked great in Wash.. during the preseason.. but then again, Ray looked great during the preseason :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Well I think the more practice he gets the more comfortable he will be and the less chance of him coming unraveled.. He didn't seem to have any problems making passes on that first drive.. No.. I think what happened was that fumble really shook him up.. and he could not recover.. I would like to see what Sage has also.. he looked great in Wash.. during the preseason.. but then again, Ray looked great during the preseason :rolleyes:
that fumble is when he got level by a Bills DLmen and hurt his hip and that definitely shook him up. Like I said previously, that was the turning pt. of the game :(

I just read
Lucas is expected to return to practice early next week.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1022/1449552.html

This is not good.. he needs the practice time... especially with two new receivers (4C's) that didn't play with him last week..

Maybe if since Sage is practicing with the first team all this week.. if he looks good why not let him continue practicing and give him the start.. he can't do any worse then Lucas can he?
What do you guys think?

more bad injury news...

Dolphins | Russell To IR, Soon - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:07 PT: The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins LB/special teams player Twan Russell (knee) is going to be placed on IR, soon, barring a significant, unexpected recovery.

Dolphins | Ricky Dinged - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:06 PT: The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams (toe) missed practice Tuesday. He likely will rest again Wednesday as a precaution. Williams underwent an MRI exam on his right toe, revealing a sprain, according to a source. The team has a BYE this week.

we need another LB

http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/free_agents/2002/lb.shtml
Brigance, O.J.
Hemsley, Nate (Cut)
Mitchell, Keith (Cut)
Morton, Mike

Lucas WILL NOT praqctice until early next week

Quarterback Ray Lucas missed practice Tuesday with a sore left hip, but fortunately for the Miami Dolphins, their next game isn't until Nov. 4 at Green Bay.

Lucas is expected to return to practice early next week.

"If we were playing a game this week, Ray probably would not be able to play,'' coach Dave Wannstedt said. "He is beat up that bad and limping around.''

Lucas is replacing Jay Fiedler, who is expected to sidelined until at least Dec. 1 with a broken thumb. Lucas made his first NFL start since 1999 on Sunday and threw four interceptions as the Dolphins lost to Buffalo 23-10.

With Lucas and Fiedler out, new receiver Cris Carter's first practice Tuesday was with quarterbacks Sage Rosenfels and Dave Dickenson. Neither has played in an NFL game.
-- The Associated Press

Back
Top Bottom