Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

they are the luckiest team on earth, sanchez has had about 50 interceptions dropped, they get 70 % of all there fumbles, it seems that team fall apart aganist them in the 4 th quarter, luck can't last forever

Yup. I guess you're right. The Jets are so lucky. But I would rather have luck and some skill than no luck and suck.

For what it is worth, your Fins were really impressive tonight. Maybe you should tell your CB's, as Revis said, before they open their smelly fishy mouths they better make sure they bring their A game each week. 500+ yards. Very impressive. But I understand, the Fins just have bad luck.

I am very happy to have gotten the win against the Cowboys, but I will admit we were outplayed for 48 minutes of that game. Our defense gave up a whopping 390 yards or some such which is very uncharacteristic. However, Dallas made the same mistake 4 or 5 teams made last year as well. They let us hang around. Jets are a good team. The best we have fielded in quite some time. We don't have a prolific offense, our defense is generally pretty top notch, and our special teams are extraordinarily coached by Westhoff and generally provide us with good field position, and some impact plays. If you let the Jets hang around in a game, it can, and generally will, bite you in the end. Definately a team victory, with a little help from a reeling Dallas team. Momentum is a funny thing in a football game. Once we got it in the 4th, it just seemed that we wanted it more than they did. We made some plays, and they made some plays. You guys can call it stupidity or whatever in the playcalling, but in my experience watching football, as an offensive coordinator, you try to do the unexpected. When it works, you are a genius, when it doesn't, you are a goat. Looks like Dallas is the goat this time around and the Jets squeak by with a win and a truck load of adjustments to make for next week.

On a side note, if Dallas can recover from this demoralizing let down through the season, they certainly look better than the 6-10 team they were last year. That defense is something special and would be pretty nasty if it were healthy. I think Miami may have a tougher go of it later in the year when offenses have had a chance to catch up to the defenses in preparation. With all the upsets in opening week, the shortened offseason is definately rearing its ugly head. Teams will be better balanced by week 4, so it will only get harder. Wins in the opening 4 weeks are going to be pretty precious, so good luck to you guys.

they are the luckiest team on earth, sanchez has had about 50 interceptions dropped, they get 70 % of all there fumbles, it seems that team fall apart aganist them in the 4 th quarter, luck can't last forever

Well said. Luck eventually runs out, but if its the 3rd yr in a row now, does is still count as luck? U do know that three calendar years are over a thousand days, right?

its not luck

sure the cowboys choked but the jets forced the fumble, the jets blocked the punt, sanchez threw a perfect pass to plaxico, revis intercepted the pass, and folk nailed a 50 yarder

the jets are a well coached team with great talent

For all you "luck" crybabies ...

When Andre Johnson got behind the Dolphin secondary and let an easy TD pass sail through his arms, was that a lucky break for the Dolphins? Did you capitalize on it?

I'm just curious.

For all you "luck" crybabies ...

When Andre Johnson got behind the Dolphin secondary and let an easy TD pass sail through his arms, was that a lucky break for the Dolphins? Did you capitalize on it?

I'm just curious.

I was out of town and did not get to see the game, so it is hard for me to judge the play. If he completely dropped an easy TD pass, then yes, the Dolphins got a break. You could also say the Texans got a break when the Dolphins missed 2 easy FGs. The Dolphins did not play good enough to win that game with that break or not. A better example of a lucky break for the Dolphins is when Holmes dropped that easy TD pass last year. That was a difference maker.

Johnson dropping a TD pass, does not compare to the lucky breaks the Jets got against the Cowboys. The Cowboys gave the Jets 10 points, and the Jets offense did not have to do anything to get them.

I was out of town and did not get to see the game, so it is hard for me to judge the play. If he completely dropped an easy TD pass, then yes, the Dolphins got a break. You could also say the Texans got a break when the Dolphins missed 2 easy FGs. The Dolphins did not play good enough to win that game with that break or not. A better example of a lucky break for the Dolphins is when Holmes dropped that easy TD pass last year. That was a difference maker.

Johnson dropping a TD pass, does not compare to the lucky breaks the Jets got against the Cowboys. The Cowboys gave the Jets 10 points, and the Jets offense did not have to do anything to get them.

How come it only counts when "lucky" plays go for us and not against us? Was it lucky for us that Sanchez threw that pick that set up a TD and that he fumbled near midfield?

How come it only counts when "lucky" plays go for us and not against us? Was it lucky for us that Sanchez threw that pick that set up a TD and that he fumbled near midfield?

Because they are very different types of plays. The interception by Lee was a great play by the defender. The pick Revis got was thrown right at him. It is like comparing the Ints MCcown thew this past week to Cromartie, and the one he threw to E. Smith. One was thrown right to the defender, and the other the defender made a good play.
The same goes for the fumbles. One the defender broke though the line and chased down Sanchez stripping the ball. Romo was actually running towards 3 defenders trying to score a TD when the ball got knocked out.

Because they are very different types of plays. The interception by Lee was a great play by the defender. The pick Revis got was thrown right at him. It is like comparing the Ints MCcown thew this past week to Cromartie, and the one he threw to E. Smith. One was thrown right to the defender, and the other the defender made a good play.
The same goes for the fumbles. One the defender broke though the line and chased down Sanchez stripping the ball. Romo was actually running towards 3 defenders trying to score a TD when the ball got knocked out.

so the romo fumble wasn't a great play? Revis had Bryant blanketed forcig Romo to run.

The INT they confused Romo baiting him into trying the same throw that worked against revis earlier in the game. The Jets made plays to force the action.

This thread is ridiculous and should be locked.

Luck is part of the game, lucky bounces are part of the game, good teams capitalize on other team's mistakes.

The Jets are built to win ugly and I as a Jets fan have accepted this. The notion that we play up to our opponents level is a misunderstanding. The Jets don't play up to other team's level and beat them, they bring their opponents down to their level and grind it out the good old fashioned way. The Jets, under Rex Ryan, take away the opposing team's identities and beat them psychologically. Beat 'em mentally and the physical part will take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom