Luther Huggins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luther Huggins

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Luther Huggins of Central Florida?

Lee2000

He has blazing speed and knows how to get open. But he's tiny.

WR-LUTHER HUGGINS – Played four years (2001-04) at Central Florida . . . Totaled 93 receptions for 1,235 yards and eight touchdowns, while also returning 67 kickoffs for a 23.4-yard average in his career . . . Led the team in receiving as a senior with 42 catches for 585 yards and three TDs . . . Majored in liberal arts . . . Attended Jackson High School in Miami where he graduated following his junior year . . . Starred in football where he played running back, and in track, where he won the 1999 high school national championship in the 200-meters with a time of 20.8 . . . Born January 20, 1982 in Miami, Fla.

I go to Central Florida...

and this kid is good! this past season we had 3 or 4 different QBs throughout the season so our WRs never had a chance to put up any kind of numbers. He was our #1 receiver. He is really freakin fast and great as a kick returner. Great agility as well. He gets also good seperation. His speed makes up for his size (5'9" 190 lbs) and definatly can contribute on special teams this year and might be able to push for the 3 WR spot since he is a burner and we need one in the slot to stretch the field. He will make the team...

Nasty

FinNasty23 said:
and this kid is good! this past season we had 3 or 4 different QBs throughout the season so our WRs never had a chance to put up any kind of numbers. He was our #1 receiver. He is really freakin fast and great as a kick returner. Great agility as well. He gets also good seperation. His speed makes up for his size (5'9" 190 lbs) and definatly can contribute on special teams this year and might be able to push for the 3 WR spot since he is a burner and we need one in the slot to stretch the field. He will make the team...

Nasty

I've watched him for three years, and I'm not so confident about him making the team as you are, he kinda was a split starter with tavares capers (inked by pittsburgh a week ago)....just too small...but like you and me both said..BLAZIN SPEED!

good luck Luther!

PhinDude88 said:
:eek: They went 0-11 last season.

I wanted to MOD EDIT that...it's embarrasing :(

The new coach had to kick players off the team left and right for violating rules, and others quit cause they couldnt handle it. To let you know how bad it was, we had wide recievers playing corner and safety, and we had a 17 year old safety forced to start (in the place of Atari Bigby, who was hurt) and then HE got hurt, we had 5 safeties hurt...and the o-line was a freshman-sophomore combo....

nightmare season, but the team will be competitive next season now that O'Leary has his players in the fold.

South Carolina is a mess now with the arrests and teh 10 players kicked off their team, Spurrier said that he doesnt have the personnel to run his Fun and Gun. I'd love to knock off that team in the opening college football game of the TV season! GO KNIGHTS

(wow, I went off subject there, my bad)

TerryTate said:
I wanted to MOD EDIT that...it's embarrasing :(

The new coach had to kick players off the team left and right for violating rules, and others quit cause they couldnt handle it. To let you know how bad it was, we had wide recievers playing corner and safety, and we had a 17 year old safety forced to start (in the place of Atari Bigby, who was hurt) and then HE got hurt, we had 5 safeties hurt...and the o-line was a freshman-sophomore combo....

nightmare season, but the team will be competitive next season now that O'Leary has his players in the fold.

South Carolina is a mess now with the arrests and teh 10 players kicked off their team, Spurrier said that he doesnt have the personnel to run his Fun and Gun. I'd love to knock off that team in the opening college football game of the TV season! GO KNIGHTS

(wow, I went off subject there, my bad)

hey tate... you go to UCF?

Go Knights! And Fins!

The more we bring in, the more likely we are to find a gem. It doesn't hurt anything. I can't wait for the season to start!

Lee2000 said:
Anyone know anything about Luther Huggins of Central Florida?

Lee2000

yeah. being a UCF graduate and fan, i know he's too small to make it in the NFL. he had very nifty moves on the NCAA level, but his route running, receiving skills, and size aren't enough to make it on any professional team.

ucf alum as well - went when daunte played - he definitely made alot of us think a little differently about ucf footballl - haven't seen many games since but as an alum would love to see someone from the alma-mater make the team :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom