Lynn Bowden Article-really good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

bane

Club Member
Reaction score

I never posted link so I don't know if I did this correct. But great article on Bowden and the trade from Raiders.

Great article, long but such an interesting read.

He bought a $4,000 Jugs machine for his backyard which the author comments on;

“Bowden heads outside to show off that Jugs machine. He’s out here around 5 p.m. every night with a brother. Some days, he’ll stand roughly 15 to 20 yards away and catch footballs spiraling his way at more than 50 MPH. Other days, he’ll set up in the adjacent park, over the tree line, and have his brother launch “punts” to field. He’s never been this confident in his hands. He’s ready to be Miami’s own Tyreek threat.”

Great article, long but such an interesting read.

He bought a $4,000 Jugs machine for his backyard which the author comments on;

“Bowden heads outside to show off that Jugs machine. He’s out here around 5 p.m. every night with a brother. Some days, he’ll stand roughly 15 to 20 yards away and catch footballs spiraling his way at more than 50 MPH. Other days, he’ll set up in the adjacent park, over the tree line, and have his brother launch “punts” to field. He’s never been this confident in his hands. He’s ready to be Miami’s own Tyreek threat.”
Too bad he doesn’t have the speed or moves of Hill. I see Waddle as the Dolphins comparison to Hill. I give Bowden all the credit in the world for putting in the time and effort to improve his receiving skills. Yet at this time I see him as no better than the 6th WR on the roster.
Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson, and Williams are all better than Bowden. I think Hurns is better than Bowden but they might decide to keep Bowden over Hurns simply because Hurns cost a lot more than Bowden.

I just don’t see Bowden getting much playing time in 2021 unless the Dolphins are once again hit with several injuries to the WR Corp or he excels on special teams.

Bowden should aspire to be Jarvis Landry not Tyreek Hill.

Regardless, love the commitment to his craft. I wanted to draft him so I was thrilled we poached him from LV.

Also, 4 grand? Dude, call me and I’ll fire passes at you for half that, whenever you want. I can even throw with both arms so I can mimick Tua’s spin.

Last edited:
Not to sound negative but he should be fighting for the 6th WR spot on the team unless they keep 7. Nothing against him but the WR is pretty loaded now IF everybody stays healthy.
Plus he doesn't really impress me with his physical attributes. I have doubts as to his viability as a NFL receiver.

Plus he doesn't really impress me with his physical attributes. I have doubts as to his viability as a NFL receiver.
Also, how many smaller WR's can we carry? Waddle is in and Wilson should be in if he's healthy. The last spot is for a ST's player so Hollins or Roberts could end up with that last spot but it also depends on how many we carry as far as WR's,TE's and RB's

I do not claim to be an expert on any position in football. However, I really think people are sleeping on Bowden some. He was a rookie last year, coming over late in an already abbreviated off season, and is very new to the WR position in general. When he played he flashed with his ability to make people miss, and I don’t remember him dropping a pass all season. I definitely don’t see Hill in his game, but I definitely see a potential Landry if he develops. Then again the WR core was so bad at the end of the year, maybe it didn’t take much to see one of them flash.

Last edited:
Not to sound negative but he should be fighting for the 6th WR spot on the team unless they keep 7. Nothing against him but the WR is pretty loaded now IF everybody stays healthy.
Danny, if he progresses from last year, do you see him in danger of being cut so that we could keep Wilson, Hurns, or Grant? I think he's better than, or at least has more realizable potential than any of them.

Danny, if he progresses from last year, do you see him in danger of being cut so that we could keep Wilson, Hurns, or Grant? I think he's better than, or at least has more realizable potential than any of them.
I'd keep him over Grant and Hurns. As far as Wilson it'd depend on how healthy is he and how the team feels about him opting out last year and would he opt out as some point but Wilson is a better playmaker than Bowden due to his speed. I have nothing against keeping Bowden, it's a matter of keeping the best group possible.

what similarities do you see between wilson, hurns and grant (other than all being WR on the dolphins) that you can just ask a question like that about the three of them as a group?

It is gonna be a good battle for those last one or two WR spots

Back
Top Bottom