Lynn Bowden Article-really good | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

I've always wanted a Phins tattoo, although I would ask for the version that does not look like Godzilla dry humping a 15. I am rooting for this guy as a player... tattoo artist, not so much

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fcc9f159a-af08-4adc-8eba-c2a849eb7cc0_4032x3024.jpeg

I have said all along that Williams is a potentially better Parker.

The folks here at FH are down on him mostly because of his injuries, and it may be that the second injury was, in fact, caused by Christian Wilkins jumping on him... and if so, he was injured in a non-football move and it's hard to really blame him for that.

If (note the italics) Williams remains healthy this year, his youth, height, and speed may displace Devante, and then Parker goes the way of Van Noy and McCain--displaced by a younger, cheaper version. Obviously, one more serious injury and we'll let Williams walk. He MUST remain healthy to earn this job. Just as Bowden needs to remain trouble-free and show us that he can return punts, in order to win his position.
Now that we have Fuller and Waddle, I am excited to see how Parker and Williams do against DB #3 or #4.

Waddle equals Wilson
Williams equals Parker
Hollins equals Hurns
Fuller equals Grant
Bowden equals Perry
Parker is best chance to stick then Wilson and Perry to PT
So much wrong with that, but let's start with Wilson is not PS eligible to begin with, and even if he were, you don't carry a 3 million dollar hit there.

Second thing, Grant is not even in the same time zone, let alone area code as Fuller as a reciever.

His average pass reception from the line of scrimmage last season was just 5 yards down field and his YAC was 4 yards. These are not numbers that are going to worry defensive backs in the NFL. Obviously he was still learning the position and he hopefully will be drastically improved as a WR going into training camp. Yet I still see him fighting for the 6th spot at the WR position because there are clearly 5 better WR’s ahead of him.

Also last year Bowden appeared to be better than Perry but Perry was also just learning to play the WR position too. So it is going to be interesting to see if Perry can catch up with and surpass Bowden at the WR position.
5 yards average with 4 yards of YAC is pretty good and I'd take that every single down!

The Patriots have been KILLING teams for 20 years by having a guy who can get open early, often, and hard to take down. Julien Edelman made an entire career of this. It's also 💯 a certain type of skill set. Bowden possesses this and will play a huge role for us. Behind Waddle probably the safest WR on our roster.

His average pass reception from the line of scrimmage last season was just 5 yards down field and his YAC was 4 yards. These are not numbers that are going to worry defensive backs in the NFL. Obviously he was still learning the position and he hopefully will be drastically improved as a WR going into training camp. Yet I still see him fighting for the 6th spot at the WR position because there are clearly 5 better WR’s ahead of him.

Also last year Bowden appeared to be better than Perry but Perry was also just learning to play the WR position too. So it is going to be interesting to see if Perry can catch up with and surpass Bowden at the WR position.

Don't disagree. A number of us have said, if Fuller/Waddle play close to what fans think, guys like Bowden/Gesicki will see their production rise and the D focuses on others.

I definitely agree that he needs to improve a lot this coming year, but I could see the potential he has from his play last season. It’s a good problem for us that a player with talent and potential might not be good enough to make this team. Definitely a welcomed change from previous rosters. However, I don’t see him getting cut for a Hollins or Foster type ST player. I think he will be the 6th receiver and if they want a ST player like Hollins they will figure out a way to have 7 receivers. I like Perry, but I didn’t see the flashes from him like I did from Bowden. You provided good stats to show Bowden wasn’t very good, but something about him looked different when he had the ball in his hands. To me he stood out for some reason.
My intention wasn’t to show that Bowden wasn’t very good. In fact because of injuries to the WR‘s last year, Bowden was the most productive WR on the roster over the last month of the 2020 season. Yet if Parker, Williams, and Wilson come back fully healthy and with the addition of Fuller and Waddle, that would mean Bowden would be in a battle for the 6th WR spot with Perry, Hurns, and the rest of WR’s on the roster.

I think Waddle will likely play the slot position which Bowden played most of the time he was on the field last year. With Parker and Fuller on the outside and Wilson and Williams probably rotating when they go to 4 WR’s, I think it will be difficult for the 6th WR to see the field in the games unless their are injuries during the game to the other receivers.

I would like to see them keep Bowden because I do believe he can develop into a good WR over the next several years. Fuller is on a one year contract and I don’t know how much longer Wilson and Parker will be on the team because of age and salary. Also Williams has to prove he can play an entire season without going on IR.

I can see Bowden being an important WR for the Dolphins in the future if he continues to develop but first he has to show enough in the pre season to make the roster this year. Unfortunately if they cut him with the expectation of signing him to the practice squad like they did last year, he will likely end up being claimed by another team. I am rooting for him, just like I root for every player on the Dolphins roster.

1. Parker
2. Fuller
3. Waddle
4. Bowden
5. Williams
6. Foster or Hollins

and if we keep a 7th, Grant
I really don’t want to cut Perry so I would find a way to keep him on the roster.

I made a comment on a different post about Bowden then researched a bit and he did not drop a single pass. The PHINS have great depth at WR, which is such a contrast from last year. Adding Fuller and Waddle and getting back Wilson and Hurns. Without those 4 Bowden and others had moments. I do think a lot of Bowden's plays were gimmicky ones when there were so few receivers out there. With our talent now, I think we will play more conventional offence, since we should be able to and Bowden will just not have a spot. Hope we can stash him somewhere.
Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Hurns
are my guesses. The last two have contracts that don't have much savings if cut. If Wilson has a good season, but is expendable we could get a comp pick. Hoping Fuller lights it up and gets extended.

Most interesting piece in the article for me:

Sometimes, it was something bigger. Like the team trying to get Bowden on ADHD medication.

Into August, Bowden says the team sent him to see a counselor about three hours away. Calling himself the “quietest cat” in camp, he cannot recall a specific incident that prompted this. If there was one benefit from that June raid, it’s that Bowden became a hermit in Sin City. After hearing those coaches on FaceTime, Bowden knew he needed to shut it down. To the extreme. From June through September, Bowden estimates he left home “two or three times” — and that was only to walk the strip with his pregnant girlfriend.

Bowden’s best guess is that the Raiders had him evaluated over the punch he threw in the pregame melee of his final college game. Upon being diagnosed, Bowden refused to take the meds.

“I feel like they were trying to control me,” Bowden says. “I’m a grown man. You’re my coach but you’re not going to tell me how to live my life. I’m not about to take that medication to f--- me up.”

NFL players get a pass on drug tests if they’re taking the medication, Bowden adds. He wonders aloud if that is what motivated the Raiders.

That^ I’m sure this is a loop hole that is constantly abused in a variety of ways.

Most interesting piece in the article for me:

Sometimes, it was something bigger. Like the team trying to get Bowden on ADHD medication.

Into August, Bowden says the team sent him to see a counselor about three hours away. Calling himself the “quietest cat” in camp, he cannot recall a specific incident that prompted this. If there was one benefit from that June raid, it’s that Bowden became a hermit in Sin City. After hearing those coaches on FaceTime, Bowden knew he needed to shut it down. To the extreme. From June through September, Bowden estimates he left home “two or three times” — and that was only to walk the strip with his pregnant girlfriend.

Bowden’s best guess is that the Raiders had him evaluated over the punch he threw in the pregame melee of his final college game. Upon being diagnosed, Bowden refused to take the meds.

“I feel like they were trying to control me,” Bowden says. “I’m a grown man. You’re my coach but you’re not going to tell me how to live my life. I’m not about to take that medication to f--- me up.”

NFL players get a pass on drug tests if they’re taking the medication, Bowden adds. He wonders aloud if that is what motivated the Raiders.

That^ I’m sure this is a loop hole that is constantly abused in a variety of ways.
That whole situation with the Raiders was FUBAR. IDK if it was just beat writers bull$hit speculation, or the organization putting out bull$hit info, for whatever twisted reasoning. It almost seems they were setting him up for failure.

Is it just me, or does sending a guy to a doctor 3 hrs away seem odd?

That whole situation with the Raiders was FUBAR. IDK if it was just beat writers bull$hit speculation, or the organization putting out bull$hit info, for whatever twisted reasoning. It almost seems they were setting him up for failure.

Is it just me, or does sending a guy to a doctor 3 hrs away seem odd?
Everything Gruden and Mayock have done has been odd. I've decided that both are better TV analysts than they are NFL management.

It's weird... for several years, Mayock's draft takes, I thought, were the most sensible... but then he works with Gruden and it's reach, reach, reach... I don't have a clue why.

Everything Gruden and Mayock have done has been odd. I've decided that both are better TV analysts than they are NFL management.

It's weird... for several years, Mayock's draft takes, I thought, were the most sensible... but then he works with Gruden and it's reach, reach, reach... I don't have a clue why.
Gruden.......no other explanation.

Back
Top Bottom