Lynn for OC | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn for OC

No way should we hire Lynn as OC. Forget it! I don’t get where this rhetoric starts. He’s terrible and this BS about developing Herbert is laughable at best.

I don’t know much about him but I just read that Rich Scangarello will not be brought back to the Eagles. My buddy told me he was part of a Co-OC arrangement in Denver. He said too many cooks in the kitchen screwed things up.

Edit: After a bit of research I believe my friend is confusing him with another failed OC in Denver. I’ll update if I find something definitive

Lynn wouldn’t be coming here as the HC so that cancels out your very first point to begin with. He’s a well rounded offensive mind who likes the running game, passing game and likes to use his tight ends. Not every OC or DC are made out to be head coaches. Don’t know whats not to like about the guy. You’re talking about his misfortunes this year as a HC. So I don’t see any valid points in your post
I will have to disagree; failing to get the most out of your players and making mental coaching mistakes can be just a big of an issue for an OC. The Chargers kept Shane Steinchen as OC despite firing Lynn. I have nothing against him personally, but if he was responsible for Herbert’s success it simply feels like ownership would have given him 1 more year.

I find the people with such strong viewpoints either way ... interesting. In reality, how do we know if he'll be a good OC or not? He has basically never been an OC. He wasn't a good head coach, doesn't mean he won't be a good OC - Josh McDaniels says hello.

Likewise, since he's more or less never done the role, how can people categorically state that he sucks?

Reminds me of when Flores was hired. Some very, very prominent posters had hard-ons for Vic Fangio. He hasn't exactly lit it up, and Flores is mentioned as a potential HC of the year. Some of the posters have been conspicuously absent, even mentioned that they would be until the situation was rectified. The fact Flores looks like working out ... no sign of those people admitting they were wrong and coming back.

It just baffles me, people with such strong viewpoints on these things when we seemingly don't have too much knowledge.

I find the people with such strong viewpoints either way ... interesting. In reality, how do we know if he'll be a good OC or not? He has basically never been an OC. He wasn't a good head coach, doesn't mean he won't be a good OC - Josh McDaniels says hello.

Likewise, since he's more or less never done the role, how can people categorically state that he sucks?

Reminds me of when Flores was hired. Some very, very prominent posters had hard-ons for Vic Fangio. He hasn't exactly lit it up, and Flores is mentioned as a potential HC of the year. Some of the posters have been conspicuously absent, even mentioned that they would be until the situation was rectified. The fact Flores looks like working out ... no sign of those people admitting they were wrong and coming back.

It just baffles me, people with such strong viewpoints on these things when we seemingly don't have too much knowledge.
The difference is, McDaniels actually called plays so you know how he performs in that capacity. Lynn has never been an offensive coordinator so no one knows if he is even capable of handling that position. I don’t want a guy who has no experience calling plays at any level putting a new offense into place, developing my young QB, and calling plays on game day.

I will have to disagree; failing to get the most out of your players and making mental coaching mistakes can be just a big of an issue for an OC. The Chargers kept Shane Steinchen as OC despite firing Lynn. I have nothing against him personally, but if he was responsible for Herbert’s success it simply feels like ownership would have given him 1 more year.
No, how many coaches have been fired who deserved another year in the history of the NFL. We can make a huge list. He had a rookie QB and his offense moved the ball. I think the Chargers just wanted a fresh start. It’s not like the Chargers front office has been a model of class A draft experts over the last 40 years
Thats like saying you wouldn’t want a Norv Turner to be your OC because he was a bad HC. In this case though, I think the Chargers just want a fresh start

Maybe the Fins should look for an OC, to be their OC... I mean Lynn's resume looks like RB coach and failed HC... Surely, there's got to be someone with a better outlook out there...

Remember the old adage "empty barrels make the most noise" - LOL

Why would he get credit for Herbert?

his background is all running backs and specials. Pass unless he’s being hired to coach running backs
I agree with you. I feel like Pep Hamilton who was brought in to be Herberts QB Coach should get credit. Plus look at how well PJ Walker played in the XFL with Pep as HC. He led the league in passing yards and TD’s

He was OC for one year. Shouldn't;t our OC either be an up and coming guy or an experienced OC? I'd like Dorsey or Waldron if we can't get Dorsey. Did amazing things for Allen. Credit to Omega for the idea.

Strongly believe that Lynn is Flores' top choice.
I hope you’re right. I haven’t seen or heard anything about who Flo is going to reach out to, but I remember him making Tyrod Taylor look like a starter in this league when he ran the Buffalo offense.

I live in SoCal, probably see him more than you guys.

He is solid. Good character. Know his Xs and Os. Not HC material yet, for OC would be fantastic.

He can turn Tua into what he did with Herbert.
In my opinion, probably the best candidate. I know Flores thinks very highly of him.

Back
Top Bottom