Lynn for OC | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn for OC

All these glowing accolades about lynn are very cool. Sounds like a very solid guy.

However......, they left out "has only ONE winning team".

I will pass. And i think flo and grier will also. Studsville is the guy. Flo raves about him and the players love him. I hope not as i want a guy who is a PROVEN coordinator and his offenses produce and dont need all pro's across the board. I hope they look over college OC's also.

yeah but wasn’t that only after the Bills let go of Greg Roman? Or was the RB Coach calling plays all those years?
So what do you want from me?
You asked me, and I answered.
You want me to retract my recommendation, which i will not do.

Supposedly, Lynn had a lot of say in the Chargers draft room, and it seems like they liked Tua just as much if not more than Herbert pre-draft.

If they Really liked Tua, they wouldve traded up, IMO.

I think you zero in on 'your guy' and you're not gonna let one draft slot difference stop you from getting 'Your Guy', are you?

You think Miami wouldve taken Herbert at 6 if the order was reversed?
I believe Miami wouldve traded up for Tua.

No, how many coaches have been fired who deserved another year in the history of the NFL. We can make a huge list. He had a rookie QB and his offense moved the ball. I think the Chargers just wanted a fresh start. It’s not like the Chargers front office has been a model of class A draft experts over the last 40 years
Thats like saying you wouldn’t want a Norv Turner to be your OC because he was a bad HC. In this case though, I think the Chargers just want a fresh start
HIS offense moved the ball?

They had an actual OC who was retained and lynn got the bums rush out the back door and into the mud. Lynn didnt design the offense, didnt call plays. Now, did he tell a rb to not fumble now and then? Maybe as he was a former rb coach. Other than that, nuffin'. Nadda. No way. Havn't fans learned the lesson of hiring unproven maybe's yet? Flo looks promissing but i want no part of wasting this defense while we languish waiting on lynn for 3-4 years to turn into the king of all offense.

HIS offense moved the ball?

They had an actual OC who was retained and lynn got the bums rush out the back door and into the mud. Lynn didnt design the offense, didnt call plays. Now, did he tell a rb to not fumble now and then? Maybe as he was a former rb coach. Other than that, nuffin'. Nadda. No way. Havn't fans learned the lesson of hiring unproven maybe's yet? Flo looks promissing but i want no part of wasting this defense while we languish waiting on lynn for 3-4 years to turn into the king of all offense.
I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were part of the Chargers coaching staff. My mistake

I find the people with such strong viewpoints either way ... interesting. In reality, how do we know if he'll be a good OC or not? He has basically never been an OC. He wasn't a good head coach, doesn't mean he won't be a good OC - Josh McDaniels says hello.

Likewise, since he's more or less never done the role, how can people categorically state that he sucks?

Reminds me of when Flores was hired. Some very, very prominent posters had hard-ons for Vic Fangio. He hasn't exactly lit it up, and Flores is mentioned as a potential HC of the year. Some of the posters have been conspicuously absent, even mentioned that they would be until the situation was rectified. The fact Flores looks like working out ... no sign of those people admitting they were wrong and coming back.

It just baffles me, people with such strong viewpoints on these things when we seemingly don't have too much knowledge.
You do realize you just expressed a "strong viewpoint" right?

🤣

You do realize you just expressed a "strong viewpoint" right?

🤣
Not really? I was talking about how they're expressing strong viewpionts that he will suck, or he'll be great. We clearly don't know and don't have enough information. Likewise people said Flores was the wrong appointment and Fangio should have been. We didn't know then.

Now, I think there's enough evidence to have a strong view that that ... was wrong.

Obviously both coaches fortunes could change next year. But as of now? Flores was definitely the right appointment.

I think he is on point.
But he failed to realize this is message broad, it is what we do.
At the end of the day, no harm no foul.
I realise it's a message board. I didn't complain, I just find it interesting that people can have such definitive viewpionts when we clearly don't have all the information. I don't think there's enough evidence on Lynn to say he will or won't be a good OC.

It's easier say, with someone like Gailey. A lot of people far more knowledgeable than I had reservations last year. Becaues they looked at his body of work as an OC. We don't have that with Lynn. We're extrapolating based off his work as RB coach / head coach. They're totally different roles.

Saying no to Lynn but banging the table for a qb coach that listens to Mahomes talk qb is hilarious to me.

Good coaches coach. Give any decent coach a good set of players they can call plays.

Would rather see Joe Brady if he doesn't get head coaching job somewhere. He's also from the Miami area anyway.

Lynn brings Rex Ryan to tears talking about him? Wow!

I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were part of the Chargers coaching staff. My mistake
Not a secret. Just read a little bit. Was lynn not thrown off the chargers lot? Was the actual oc not retained? No crystal ball or seat in a bolts coach meeting for that.

So yes, it was your mistake.

I like Lynn but I’m not sure about his creativity in the pass game.
Well, your not off track. The chargers threw lynn out with the cat litter and the actual OC was retained. Those truelly responsible for the offenses production and rookie qb's success are still on the team. Lynn is hoping for a run game quality control gig now.

The bizmark community college green frogs are probably hiring. (go toads!!)

Back
Top Bottom