Maa Tanuvasa cut from Falcons... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maa Tanuvasa cut from Falcons...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a DT/DE. Has been productive in the past. I hear the Phins are lookin through the wire for a DT to replace Romero, Grant, and Taylor...all of which have not really looked great. As of right now I'd have to say that neither Romero or Taylor did enough to supplant Grant who has proven that he can play in the regular season and not trip over his own feet.

Yeah it would be fun to hear the radio announcers do a game with Adewale Ogunleye starting next to Maa Tanuvasa.

The Browns by the way, are looking to trade Ricky Dudley. If they don't get a trade done, they will be cutting him this sunday.

I wonder if given the Weaver injury, we might be interested? Who knows. He sucks. It would be like a slightly higher pedigreed Alonzo Mayes coming to town. He was never anything but a disappointment in Oakland.

Two guys I'd like to see brought in if possible...Maa Tanuvasa is intriguing but I'd really like to see us bring in Desmond Clark and Maurice Smith.

Clark is a solid TE and better than Weaver,(although he has a calf injury he is just getting over.)
Smith is more the power type back we need and would be better than Henry.(He won't make it to us for sure...Colts or someone will snag him.)

Desmond Clark missed the entire preseason with a dislocated forearm. So he might be nicked up a bit. Anyway, I think he's looking to start somewhere. But at this point, he might not be able to pick and choose. He's intriguing.

Tanuvasa is coming off a broken ankle and only played in two games last year (was on IR). So he might not be "back" yet.

Dudley is a turd. No chance in hell of this guy even being allowed on the premises. He's also coming off the same foot injury that ended Errict Rhett's career. Dudley only played in 3 games last year before he missed the season with that foot injury.

Maurice Smith is coming off a knee injury as well. He's a bruiser. But at this point we're much better off with Robert Edwards, who is much better in the open field and is running with power, and Travis Minor. Smith isn't nearly as athletic as either or our RBs.

All of these guys are being released for a reason. Smith is probably in the most ready to come in and play. But we're already set at the RB position. Clark would be nice. But I don't see it happening.

Everyone that's let go is not always let go for a reason...but I see your poing about Smith.

I'm just not real comfortable going with Edwards as the only backup RB capable of carrying the load if anything happens to RW.

Smith could be a good 4th RB don't ya think? Anyway, he'll never make it here through waivers and whatnot.

Sure he would (be a good backup). But we won't be keeping 4 RBs this year (on the active roster). I think Edwards can get it done and that he's a better option that Smith.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He's a DT/DE. Has been productive in the past. I hear the Phins are lookin through the wire for a DT to replace Romero, Grant, and Taylor...all of which have not really looked great. As of right now I'd have to say that neither Romero or Taylor did enough to supplant Grant who has proven that he can play in the regular season and not trip over his own feet.

U got to be kidding me right? Taylor didnt do enough to supplant Grant? all becouse of the last preseason game? where does this crap come from? some stupid article? im sorry, if we let Taylor go, it will come back to haunt us. why the hell do we go after these diamond in the roughs and actually find a gem and then let them go??? why waste your time? I dont understand at all why Taylor has one bad game and all of a sudden he is a loser. Grant looked like crap in the first three and he didnt really wow anyone in the Bears game. why the hell is he the front runner???? ludicrous. Henry Taylor has moves and can play the game. if we are just looking for some tired old big@$$ to take on blockers and let zach make all the plays, i say we are getting to damn stupid! this is why the Pats ran up our @$$ all day and lost us the division. cus we got pushed around with no penetration. as far as im concerned, Taylor was the only DT getting penetration at all!

Taylor is gone today...reportedly released if not traded.

Taylor is more of a pass rusher. He is good at getting tha penetration. But he doesn't take up blockers. Burnett and Williams are better pass rushers inside than Taylor. If we suffer injuries to the position, we're going to need a run plugger. That's why Grant and Romero are in the mix.

Precisely Muck. I think you need to take a deep breath and calm yourself a bit FinFan54. If you really look at the tape, Henry Taylor has not done much in the first 3 preseason games either to make himself stand out. There's a REASON he's right there with Ernest Grant and Dario Romero. I've seen most of the preseason play, and if I didn't see it I heard it, and the only real good play I've seen Taylor make is a stuff in the backfield. He's basically had like 3 or 4 good plays. Ernest Grant on the other hand has made good plays during the season, and has held up under serious pressure and serious injury. He was the hero against the Falcons for his tackle that prevented a TD. If it comes down to that vs Henry Taylor making a couple of isolated plays in the preseason while for the most part not playing better than Grant or Romero, I will take Grant's SEASON EXPERIENCE rather than Taylor.

I hope we can trade him though.

Back
Top Bottom