Mac Jones is a dirty POS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mac Jones is a dirty POS

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about this yet... That was a dirty ass thing to do. I have lost any respect for him. I mean, sure, as the QB of the Patriots its natural for a Dolphins fan not to like him. But now there's a reason that goes beyond team rivalry.

He clearly grabbed the defender's foot and then cranked on it hard like he was trying to break it. He could have seriously injured that guy and it honestly looked like he was trying to. I "might" feel differently if he owned up to it and apologized and said something like "anger got the best of me and I'm ashamed and sincerely sorry for my actions" but no, he denied it. Not only did he deny it, he completely insulted everyone's intelligence by claiming that he though the defender had the ball. RIDICULOUS... The video tells the whole story. He got hit hard, fumbled, and then like and petulant angry child, he lashed out and tried to injure the defender.

I really hope the league fines his ass and that he gets the payback that he deserves.

Completely unacceptable that Carolina didn't headhunt Jones after that play. Rhule should given his D the green light to end his career, and the team should have covered any fines - would obv have to be on the low.

What gets me, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised, is that there has not been a peep from the league. Nothing about it on NFL.com... It's like the NFL is just going to pretend it didn't happen. Its disgusting.

He was clearly trying to either tackle him or prevent him from getting to the fumble. There was no intent to injure, mac grabbed his ankle and he pulled a Lebron down onto the turf. He was back in like 2 plays later, and concussed 2 patriots (stevenson and harris), one was a nasty dirty knee to his head while on the ground.

Big tough DB who concussed 2 other players blindsides a rookie QB, then cries because he had his ankle grabbed

He was clearly trying to either tackle him or prevent him from getting to the fumble. There was no intent to injure, mac grabbed his ankle and he pulled a Lebron down onto the turf. He was back in like 2 plays later, and concussed 2 patriots (stevenson and harris), one was a nasty dirty knee to his head while on the ground.

Big tough DB who concussed 2 other players blindsides a rookie QB, then cries because he had his ankle grabbed
You didn't hit much of anything very accurately in your comment friend.

1) Burns is listed as a DE not a DB

2) It was Chinn who tackled Stevenson not Burns:
Stevenson’s injury came with 11:31 left to play. Stevenson broke free for an 11-yard gain, but he remained down on the turf after getting tackled by Jeremy Chinn. Stevenson had trouble getting up, and though it wasn’t at first clear what he might have injured, the Patriots announced shortly thereafter that the rookie running back had suffered a head injury.
3) Hit on Harris was a good clean legal hit:

4) Jones should not have been trying to tackle Burns as Burns very clearly did not have the ball and Jones certainly can't hold another player to prevent them from making a play on the ball. That was a really dirty play on the part of Jones, he purposely twists the ankle of Burns and leg whips him. He should be suspended...

Last edited:

This is ridiculous/ Not only did he grab and twist his foot but he also swept his leg. His BS argument about "he though he had the ball" makes ZERO sense when you look at the replay and see the first thing Jones had ahold of was his arms. How could he have the ball when you're holding his arms.

I can't even believe someone is actually making excuses for this lowlife type of play.

If this was hockey someone would punch Mac in the chick let’s and everybody in the league would look for that opportunity to slew foot Mac essentially skate behind Mac and kick out his skates for a season

Not much faith in him last night in the wind. But Buffalo couldn't tackle so why risk anything. 29 straight runs.

This is the first time I have seen this, that's just a dirty act twisting his ankle like that....and it looks intentional

Back
Top Bottom