Mac Jones most overated qb in the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mac Jones most overated qb in the draft?

I’m a Mac Jones fan. I don’t understand how he’s over rated. Yeah he had an amazing supporting cast but he put the ball where it needed to be. I don’t remember many times his WR’s had to stop or adjust because of a inaccurate throws. I’ve heard he loves to work and is a good dude. He’s played in big games against the best competition. I think if he ends up with in New England or San Francisco he’ll have a very nice career and he’ll be good very early.

I don't think Jones is so overrated. He did what he needed to do. What team he goes to will go a long way as to how good he'll do in the NFL......same goes for every QB of course.

I always have trouble with QB's on really talented college teams.

It is hard to know how much credit they deserve for their performance.

But as I said, Jones has some traits that should serve him well.

I could see Belichick taking him at #15 if he lasts that long.

I’m a Mac Jones fan. I don’t understand how he’s over rated. Yeah he had an amazing supporting cast but he put the ball where it needed to be. I don’t remember many times his WR’s had to stop or adjust because of a inaccurate throws. I’ve heard he loves to work and is a good dude. He’s played in big games against the best competition. I think if he ends up with in New England or San Francisco he’ll have a very nice career and he’ll be good very early.

I’ve decided I was correct. 😃

Not draftable.
Objectively, if Tua and Burrow went top 5, Mac Jones should also had gone top 5 in the draft.
But, I would not draft him.

Not draftable.
Objectively, if Tua and Burrow went top 5, Mac Jones should also had gone top 5 in the draft.
But, I would not draft him.

I didn't want to out you but.... you're Paul Johnson aren't you. I always thought it a little suspicious you started posting right when he decided to retire from Georgia Tech.

Wacky offense. Soft tools. You cannot trust that stuff. I am impressed that he is a winner, he lead the team to National Championship, and I am also impressed that he has taken ownership of the offense in NE. That's impressive. But not enough.

My opinion hasn’t changed. I compared him to Brady.

I see Mac Jones topping out at 4, maybe 5 Super Bowls. Hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things and definitely no Brady.
I just meant they play a similar style. Pocket passers, very accurate, processes quickly and makes good decisions

Back
Top Bottom