Mac Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mac Jones

Jones didn't show "it" during his last season at Bama?

That was the most unstoppable I can ever recall Bama being....
I just think when it comes to the it factor, it's hard to beat Tua.

Coming off the bench as a freshman to lead Alabama to a national championship. That's legendary stuff.

Yesterday here in the SF Bay Area a sports radio commentator was hypothesizing about why the 49ers drafted Trey Lance (#3 pick) instead of Mac Jones (#10 pick). He suggested that Jones was a "game manager" similar to Garrapolo, so since the 49ers already had a game manager it made sense to try for a more dynamic-running QB who might be able to take the 49ers to a higher level.
I get the theory, and am old enough to remember the QB controversy in SF when half the fans wanted Joe Montana and half wanted Steve Young. Ultimately Coach Bill Walsh made the decision to go with the more dynamic style of Young, and it worked out well because Young did prove to be a sensational Hall of Fame QB. But Young is exceptional because usually running QB's are not consistently effective at producing wins. As for Lance, he has not played enough for anyone to ascertain whether he will be good or a bust. For sure Mac Jones played great in college and revealed the QB skills (footwork, accuracy, vision, intelligence etc...) required to be a consistently successful NFL QB.

Back
Top Bottom