Mac Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mac Jones

Agree. He would fit in perfectly in New England or Pittsburgh. And I hope neither of those happen.

I think Jones and Trask will be on their list of QB’s to look at drafting. Whoever it is I hope they don’t pan out.

I find it hard to evaluate him.

I do not think i saw him make a difficult throw into a tight window all year.

Granted, he never had to, but it hard to know how good a guy with such a machine around him really is.

Same thing with Trask.

And to some degree with Lawrence and Fields too.

I think you have to ignore production with all these guys and just look at the projectable traits they possess.

Probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever said, but he kind of reminds me of Tom Brady. I hope New England does not draft him at 15.
Funny you say that cause the new tankathon mock has NE drafting Jones at 15

Probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever said, but he kind of reminds me of Tom Brady. I hope New England does not draft him at 15.
With everyone saying NE should draft a QB at #15 I fully expect Belichick to be unable to pass up the chance to show everyone how smart he is by NOT doing that.

He will take a guy in R2 or R3 that he can coach up so everyone will be able to see his genius.

You know like future star Jarrett Stidham or the overrated Jimmy G.

He thinks he nailed the Brady pick way back when and he think he made him what he is today.Neither is true but is part of the Bill mythos now.

Then again, he though Brady was done and that Cam Newton was not, so there is that................................

I find it hard to evaluate him.

I do not think i saw him make a difficult throw into a tight window all year.

Granted, he never had to, but it hard to know how good a guy with such a machine around him really is.

Same thing with Trask.

And to some degree with Lawrence and Fields too.

I think you have to ignore production with all these guys and just look at the projectable traits they possess.
Would that have gotten Herbert last year?

Would that have gotten Herbert last year?
I do not understand your question.

Herbert was not on loaded offense at Oregon last year.

In fact he was being used improperly by the coaching staff there.They were forcing him to be a quick decision timing guy who did not throw the ball downfield as much.

Pretty much the opposite of what he is as a QB.

That was the reason i liked him as much as I did and would have been fine had Miami chosen him over Tua.

As a fan i would have gone with Tua(and said so at the time) but if it had been my job on the line as Miami GM i would have taken Herbert due to Tua's injury history.

I do not understand your question.

Herbert was not on loaded offense at Oregon last year.

In fact he was being used improperly by the coaching staff there.They were forcing him to be a quick decision timing guy who did not throw the ball downfield as much.

Pretty much the opposite of what he is as a QB.

That was the reason i liked him as much as I did and would have been fine had Miami chosen him over Tua.

As a fan i would have gone with Tua(and said so at the time) but if it had been my job on the line as Miami GM i would have taken Herbert due to Tua's injury history.
I should have left it as a statement - "That approach would have selected Herbert last year. " So I agree with your post. I went back and forth last year (I tend to do that - Chase and smith this year), but on draft day I preferred Herbert. Of course, now I hope to be ridiculously wrong, and Tua's career DWARFS Herberts.

I was convinced Tua was the pick until the injury. After the injury I wanted Herbert. Then I was convinced Tua was the pick when Tbum came out saying we should pick Herbert and warmed up to it when Tua showed up walking naturally all over the place pre-draft.

I think Tua fits what we want better. We want a juggernaut of a team top to bottom with a QB who makes the right decisions to WIN not to 'carry' the team into losses.

We are aiming to build a team where the QB is basically the leader but not the most talented player on the field.

I was convinced Tua was the pick until the injury. After the injury I wanted Herbert. Then I was convinced Tua was the pick when Tbum came out saying we should pick Herbert and warmed up to it when Tua showed up walking naturally all over the place pre-draft.

I think Tua fits what we want better. We want a juggernaut of a team top to bottom with a QB who makes the right decisions to WIN not to 'carry' the team into losses.

We are aiming to build a team where the QB is basically the leader but not the most talented player on the field.
Yep. I like that. But the qb needs to be somewhere around 8-16 in the league. Like Jimmy G or Goff. Tua was not that last year, but he can be. But D still needs to improve (can't count on #1 in takeaways), along with O- Line and #1 wr. Luckily that's all possible.

He's not got Brady's feet, that's what will kill him at the NFL level, it's like he plays in concrete boots most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom