Mack Hollins: Big Pimpin for Vegas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mack Hollins: Big Pimpin for Vegas

And they are now.
But Hollins>Sherfield, no?
Sherfield is smaller than Parker and Hollins, he's also has more speed and can play the slot. Sherfield is 6'1 compared to Hollins 6'4. I'm not sure Hollins is the better player, but he's had more opportunities this year and has taken advantage of them. Not sure if you gave them a similar amount of targets that Sherfield wouldn't at least equal Hollins output.

Let's just say that there was a certain amount of myopia there. Failure to have an open mind.
Hollins is an incredible athlete, period, and a smart coach can always use proven incredible athletes.
He hasnt made many, but McD fuct up letting Hollins walk.
If McD didnt watch every game from the 2021 season...
If he did, I dont fathom how he could see Hollins do what he did last year and think, 'yeah, I dont need That guy'.
It was just a weird decision that looks really dumb now that Hollins continues to improve.

Sherfield is smaller than Parker and Hollins, he's also has more speed and can play the slot. Sherfield is 6'1 compared to Hollins 6'4. I'm not sure Hollins is the better player, but he's had more opportunities this year and has taken advantage of them. Not sure if you gave them a similar amount of targets that Sherfield wouldn't at least equal Hollins output.
Hollins is also 29 years old, good for him he has had success in Vegas, but damn it's not like he would be much more if a factor than any other guy on a roster in the same roll needed.

Garbage time yards.

He’s makings plays in the 4th quarter for the only 0-3 team in the league.

He belongs in the league but like I said last year, it was time to upgrade.
He was making plays in the 1st quarter vs the Cardinals. I think Hollins is decent for a depth wr/special teams player. However, as is the case with most wrs, you're only going to put up numbers if you get targets. Hollins has more targets in each of the last two games than Cedric Wilson and Trent Sherfield have combined for the entire season.

Sherfield's knowledge of McD's system is a huge factor and with our 'Mark's Bros' Redux' taking up much of the oxygen and other guys knowing where to be, we're doing fine.

After the **** Ive talked on Ced Wilson, I really hope he shoves it where it hurts so good.

The Raiders have Devante Adams and Darren Waller as their 2 key weapons but he's the Strong #3.
Dolphins' #3 is just random. Sherfield or Gesicki or Cracraft...the defense has no idea.

And they are now.
But Hollins>Sherfield, no?
Sherfield fits the system much better. If you want to know the importance of a receiver's fit in a system, Brian Hartline had two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons under Mike Sherman, and ended up with only 474 yards under Bill Lazor. If a system is predicated on things a receiver just can't do, the production just won't be there at all. And Mack Hollins would be about as poor a fit in McDaniel's system as Hartline was in Lazor's.

Very pleased to see Hollins do well though. I root for ex-Dolphins unless they tried to burn down the village on their way out.

Back
Top Bottom