Magic's pick in the NBA Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Magic's pick in the NBA Draft?

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only Magic fan on here.

Who do some of you hope we get at 11?

I'm PRAYING either Channing Frye (my first choice), or Raymond Felton fall to 11.

I'd love to get either of those two.

I don't see the logic with picking Felton.That would mean you're giving up on Jameer Nelson. And I doubt Channing gets past the Knicks especially now that Kurt Thomas is gone.

I'm a Heat fan in Orlando, and a couple mock drafts are saying that Joey Graham may fall to Orlando, which would bring some mixed feelings to a few Golden Knight fans who also follow the magic. Joey Graham (yes, that Joey Graham) once played @ UCF....the school was the only D-1 school that would take him because his daddy wanted both Joey Graham and brother Stevie to play on the same team, and no one would take Stevie. Then they bolted for Oklahoma State when they said that they would take both players. Jerks....

Somehow I think the Magic will move up.
How far I don't know. I think they could be targeting Danny Granger.

Den54 said:
Somehow I think the Magic will move up.
How far I don't know. I think they could be targeting Danny Granger.

They need a big man....they dont got anyone at the 5...Howard is a true 4.

Cato is a stiff.

I hope they can deal Francis in a blockbuster if I was a magic fan, he is the definition of baby.

TerryTate said:
They need a big man....they dont got anyone at the 5...Howard is a true 4.

Cato is a stiff.

I hope they can deal Francis in a blockbuster if I was a magic fan, he is the definition of baby.

Yes he was and as a Rockets fan, i sure am glad that we traded him for T-Mac. Sura and James are doing a better job then Stevie boy.

PhinDude88 said:
Yes he was and as a Rockets fan, i sure am glad that we traded him for T-Mac. Sura and James are doing a better job then Stevie boy.

He's a crybaby who I'd hate to have on my team, but Bob Sura & Mike James? Now you're just pushing it, because both of those guys aren't even starting caliber guards in the NBA(just like Wade & Shaq, you can live with having a 1-2 of those type players in your line-up with T-Mac & Yao). Even though I dislike Francis big time, he's still a good guard and great compared to those two.

they could go swingman like Antoine Wright or Martell Webster. For awhile I had them taking Chris Taft until he started to drop. Supposedly they love Sean May.

Pink_Dove said:
I don't see the logic with picking Felton.That would mean you're giving up on Jameer Nelson. And I doubt Channing gets past the Knicks especially now that Kurt Thomas is gone.

They would NOT be giving up on Jameer Nelson. He would be a mad man off the bench, and even play the 2 sometimes.

...But I agree with you, I don't see Channing Frye making it past the Knicks. :cry:

2 Pistolz said:
He's a crybaby who I'd hate to have on my team, but Bob Sura & Mike James? Now you're just pushing it, because both of those guys aren't even starting caliber guards in the NBA(just like Wade & Shaq, you can live with having a 1-2 of those type players in your line-up with T-Mac & Yao). Even though I dislike Francis big time, he's still a good guard and great compared to those two.

Yeah, and another thing, you can say goodbye to Francis's 7 turnovers a game.

He's converting full time to the 2 guard this year. Jameer Nelson will start at the point, unless they get Raymond Felton to fall to them at 11.

Then Jameer would be a GREAT guard off the bench.

2 Pistolz said:

James and Sura both did a fine job at rotating in and out at PG. What really hurts Steve is that he makes too many damn turnovers that will cost ya.

DolphinDevil28 said:
They would NOT be giving up on Jameer Nelson. He would be a mad man off the bench, and even play the 2 sometimes.

...But I agree with you, I don't see Channing Frye making it past the Knicks. :cry:

Word is that the Knicks promised Frye they'd pick him at 8 and he shut down his workouts based on that. He might even go before that. But he's definitely not getting past 8.

PhinDude88 said:
James and Sura both did a fine job at rotating in and out at PG. What really hurts Steve is that he makes too many damn turnovers that will cost ya.

Actually, what really hurts Steve is his "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. He's not a point guard and never will be, yet he's only 6'3 and not a particularly adept defender to begin with. Ideally, you pair him with a big point guard and switch defensive assignments. This is why the Magic will give up 100 ppg again this year if they want to put Jameer Nelson in the backcourt with him. They will get killed by any team with a competent backcourt. But they'll be fun to watch.

But if they could somehow wrangle Deron Williams via trade, then they'd be in superb shape. Williams is also just 6'3, but is strong enough to handle bigger guards, much like Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups do, despite being 6'3. Unforunately for the Magic, I don't think they've got the ammo to get to #4 (maybe even #3). A package of the #11 plus Jameer Nelson might get them to 6, where Utah might be willing to make a deal, but as I've noted in a previous thread, Nelson's not such an improvement over Dickau and Claxton that the Hornets would take that deal, and the Blazers are looking to move out of 3 because they don't want a PG.

The #11 plus Grant Hill for the #3, convicted sex offender Ruben Patterson and some more cap ballast? Portland might jump at that, but I don't see the Magic pulling the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom