Maidana vs. Mayweather: The Craziness Begins..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maidana vs. Mayweather: The Craziness Begins.....

Two judges had it quite a but in Mayweather's favor if I heard right. Didnt really see that.

Had it in his favor by comfortable margins! I could possibly see the fight being scored in his favor but I think one of the judges had 117 - 111? Come on...

Maidana talking mad **** lol. Rematch has to happen

Looks like it might be a rematch.

I'd rather see him fight Manny next. Seems like good timing. Manny just beat the bricks off of Timothy Bradley.

Looks like it might be a rematch.

I'd rather see him fight Manny next. Seems like good timing. Manny just beat the bricks off of Timothy Bradley.

I don't think he beat the bricks off him but it was a convincing victory. It will never happen because of Bob Arum. As long as Manny is with him, Floyd won't agree to anything.

I'm gonna throw this out there. What's your opinion? Do you think that Floyd keep it close to increase the interest in his last few fights?

I thought the fight was closer then the score cards reflected. Manny vs Floyd has done sailed imo. It should have happened but it wont. I didn't watch the interviews but I don't think Floyd will do the rematch when he has Amir Kahn calling him out. Floyd will take that fight and dominate Kahn who is over rated imo as well.

I don't think he beat the bricks off him but it was a convincing victory. It will never happen because of Bob Arum. As long as Manny is with him, Floyd won't agree to anything.

I'm gonna throw this out there. What's your opinion? Do you think that Floyd keep it close to increase the interest in his last few fights?

That's unfortunate. I think if Floyd called Manny tomorrow and offered him the 40 million straight up that Manny initially turned down in their last negotiations, Manny would accept it in a heartbeat.

I don't think Floyd intentionally wanted to make it this close. I think some of Floyd's personal issues affected him leading into the fight. He & his girlfriend broke up, she apparently starts dating Nelly, and aborts the twins she was pregnant with. That's tough for anyone. Floyd didn't have great body language from the jump and I'm not sure if that was because Maidana pounced on him in the first round, or if Floyd just wasn't feeling it. Definitely wasn't the same guy that picked apart Canelo.

I thought the fight was closer then the score cards reflected. Manny vs Floyd has done sailed imo. It should have happened but it wont. I didn't watch the interviews but I don't think Floyd will do the rematch when he has Amir Kahn calling him out. Floyd will take that fight and dominate Kahn who is over rated imo as well.

Floyd is on a 2 fight a year schedule. He fights in May and September. Amir wouldn't be able to take that next fight because of Ramadan which would begin on June 28th and end on July 28th this year. He would be fasting during the day over that period. The rematch is the best option to me as of right now. Unless he feels that one of the youngsters like Thurman or Porter might appeal to the public. Just can't see how a fight with with either of them would generate more interest than a Maidana rematch though. Danny Garcia might also be an option...

Good stuff ebozz I was not aware of that with Kahn. If they sign a rematch I will watch it again. :up:

That's unfortunate. I think if Floyd called Manny tomorrow and offered him the 40 million straight up that Manny initially turned down in their last negotiations, Manny would accept it in a heartbeat.

I'm not saying the problem would be Manny. He would take the fight. It would be the biggest payday he's ever had and he needs the money to fix his tax issues. I just think that the Bob Arum relationship would complicate things. Floyd has said that he would never do business with Arum again. The other thing is that Arum really seems to be pushing for Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5. I don't want to see that. Not even on a stream like I just viewed the fight this evening.

I don't think Floyd intentionally wanted to make it this close. I think some of Floyd's personal issues affected him leading into the fight. He & his girlfriend broke up, she apparently starts dating Nelly, and aborts the twins she was pregnant with. That's tough for anyone. Floyd didn't have great body language from the jump and I'm not sure if that was because Maidana pounced on him in the first round, or if Floyd just wasn't feeling it. Definitely wasn't the same guy that picked apart Canelo.

No, he wasn't the same. Got to give credit to Marcos though. He brought it.

Well, Kelly Robinson has won again.....

i_spy_3-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom