Main reason we lost: Another Slow Start. Agree or disagree? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Main reason we lost: Another Slow Start. Agree or disagree?

buxster07

Active Roster
Reaction score
I say this because we fall behind early (as usual), and thus are forced into pass-happy catchup mode/abandon the run.
In doing so, we forfeit the ability to run a balanced, clock-eating, controlling offense.

I think Lazor and Coyle are too slow to adjust and are basically "counterpunchers." Their initial gameplans are always weak / ineffective; thus we are often trailing by the end of the 1st half.

Agree or disagree?

I disagree. I think our issues were:

1. Lack of pass rush.
2. Coverage breakdowns.
3. Penalties.
4. Inability to block the Jaguars' DL effectively.

Those issues were in evidence the entire game. Even in the second half when we 'slowed' the Jaguars offense, it was more about bonehead mistakes on their part than anything else.

I disagree. I think our issues were:

1. Lack of pass rush.
2. Coverage breakdowns.
3. Penalties.
4. Inability to block the Jaguars' DL effectively.

Those issues were in evidence the entire game. Even in the second half when we 'slowed' the Jaguars offense, it was more about bonehead mistakes on their part than anything else.

Fair. I still put a lot of that on Coyle. I was at the game today and watched the secondary a lot. In the first half, everyone except for Grimes and Jones played badly, but Coyle was gambling a lot. Coyle in the first half played a lot of single deep safety. He was really gambling a lot up at the line and he got burnt for it with the deep balls and single coverage outside. I saw our LBs drop back in zone coverage a lot and many times I would see them lost.

Second half, I saw Coyle adjust and he played two safeties deep to fix his gambling on the deep ball. Our secondary played much better and Jax adjusted to run. Unfortunately, Coyle and blitzing schemes looked predictable throughout. The LBs, outside of Jenkins, looked very average out there.

I agree 100% but we can't run out of shotgun no more. It's very predictable and teams already picked it up

Yes, we were down 17-6 in the first. Being down 17-6 contributed greatly to this loss. Not to mention, we were down 17-6 to a team that scored 9 points last week.

It certainly didn't help but it isn't like we played stellar football in the 2nd half either. The offensive line completely went to **** and the defense failed miserably on the final drive... Vernon's absolutely awful penalty was a killer as well.
It's pretty clear to me that this team does cone out flat, listless and with a poor plan, and that is on coaching, but the players need to play too. Today, our front 7 was invisible, our o line was pathetic, and the penalties were the nail in the coffin.
Totally inexcusable loss, and if we don't get this figured out QUICK, we're done.

It's pretty clear to me that this team does cone out flat, listless and with a poor plan, and that is on coaching, but the players need to play too.
I agree 100%. By that, it sounds like our players might not be buying in. Where's the inspired play early?

Back
Top Bottom