Main Saban is doing great overall | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Main Saban is doing great overall

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Saban will never be held accoutable. How Wannstedt was responsible for yesterday's game is crazy. When Chambers or McMichael or Welker plays well, should we praise Wannstedt? He gets blamed for everything Saban does wrong, maybe he should get credit for something that goes right.

Dont hold your breath my friend. Wannstedt is the proverbial whipping boy here.(As you know it). Oh ,and just for the record, didnt you know that Harringtons end-zone interception was all good ol` Wannys fault also? What ever Wannstedt was doing at that very moment jinxed our beloved dolphins.
Shame on him!!!!

Folks - Wannstedt was a bum - a nice guy but a bum... Comparing to Saban is an insult to Saban. I don't care if Wannschmuck had 10 more wins or whatever. Saban gives us a shot at winning in the future. Wannstedt slowly made the team worse every year. Let's count the ways:

1. Took over team JJ built and made playoffs - exciting win over Indy in OT

2. Made playoffs and got crushed by Jacksonville

3. Beat the Patriots for 57 minutes, then squandered 11 point lead in final 3 minutes...hence leading me to take the user name "Royalshank" for the 18 yard punt out of our own end when we still had a 3 point lead. Cost us both the division title and the playoffs

4. Jamar Fletcher??? Eddie Moore??? Wade Smith??? Taylor Whitney???

5. Love affair with Jay Feidler???

6. Second round pick for AJ Feeley???

7. Running an offense that gave the ball to Ricky Williams 80% of the offensive plays??? I'd be smoking dope to ease the pain too...

8. Bringing in Keith Armstrong??? Why is this guy still here anyway - C'mon Saban get rid of this loser...

9. Having MARK ROYALS as your punter for too long??? He couldn't kick it more than 35 yards....

How can anyone defend this bum when if you look at his career coaching record (Bears or Dolphins) his teams get worse each year...

Can we please stop talking about Wannstedt? I'd like to forget those years - whether Saban turns out to be great or not - Wanny is gone - let's just be grateful and never speak of him again, k? :rolleyes:

royalshank said:
Folks - Wannstedt was a bum - a nice guy but a bum... Comparing to Saban is an insult to Saban. I don't care if Wannschmuck had 10 more wins or whatever. Saban gives us a shot at winning in the future. Wannstedt slowly made the team worse every year. Let's count the ways:

3. Beat the Patriots for 57 minutes, then squandered 11 point lead in final 3 minutes...hence leading me to take the user name "Royalshank" for the 18 yard punt out of our own end when we still had a 3 point lead. Cost us both the division title and the playoffs

7. Running an offense that gave the ball to Ricky Williams 80% of the offensive plays??? I'd be smoking dope to ease the pain too...

8. Bringing in Keith Armstrong??? Why is this guy still here anyway - C'mon Saban get rid of this loser...

9. Having MARK ROYALS as your punter for too long??? He couldn't kick it more than 35 yards....

How can anyone defend this bum when if you look at his career coaching record (Bears or Dolphins) his teams get worse each year...

Can we please stop talking about Wannstedt? I'd like to forget those years - whether Saban turns out to be great or not - Wanny is gone - let's just be grateful and never speak of him again, k? :rolleyes:

I so wish we would stop talking about Wannstedt. He was a horrible coach. But....But, but, but...its the Saban supporters who continue to bring his name up, as if he had something to do with this year, when he clearly did not.

And since they continue to bring him up, I am going to make the case that Wannstedts first four years (before he got ambushed by Saban's mentally ill friend Ricky Williams) turned out better than I predict Saban's first four years will.

Mike Oliva, a contributor and poster on this site (MikeO), used to run a small, insignificant message board. One of his "rants" was that Wannstedt had us going in the right direction and players responded to him and that we should all leave Wannstedt alone.

I am hearing some of the same stuff regarding Saban from some of the "leaders" on this site. Miami fans are so fiercely loyal to their head coaches they cannot realize when its time to cut the chord.

If Saban's Cult will stop mentioning Wannstedt, I will gladly forget he ever coached here. But don't blame Wannstedt for Saban's failures. Thats unfair and unbecoming.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Oh really? Lets just shut up and enjoy the next two years? What if the next two or like these past two? Just be happy, huh? Thanks for you input, but I respectfully reject your suggestion to just sit back and drink egg nog when the Fins play like they did Sunday.

I have something for this team called passion, and I want them to win, or at least play well in losing. They did neither Sunday.
Someone's panties are really in a bunch. By the way, you can still be passionate about your team and drink egg nog as well.

and who's fault is it that we were poorly prepared after 10 days off? WANNY, no SABAN.

royalshank said:

I do want to address some of the points here.....

1. He actually improved that team that JJ built. He won a division his first year,,,,JJ never won a division.

2. JJ was the coach of the 62-7 debacle. Wannstedt, to his credit, had to deal with that psychology of that loss and the whole Marino debacle. He had to get Marino out, as Marino was washed up...way washed up. I thought he dealt with that scenario diplomatically and gracefully.

3.That Patriots game was inexcusable. But his teams had quit on him before. Look at the Monday Nite Jets game where we blew that 30-7 4th quarter lead. I would have fired him Tuesday morning. But, hey, I have standards. And it was just a week before the Pats game that the team fell flat againt Minnesota and lost a game they should've won (I think it was 10-7).

4.Jamar Fletcher? What about Jamar Allen? Same kind of loser. Saban and Wannstedt are both going to be inexplicably linked by history for both passing on Drew Brees and both taking a DB in the first round that sucked. The other guys are a complete joke, esp Taylor Whitney. He couldn't block his mother.

5.It was no disgrace to bring JF in. Fiedler was the right kind of guy to follow Marino....It was sticking with JF instead of drafting Brees that was his eventual undoing.

6. A second for AJF was hysterical, although I think Spielman might have pulled that trigger. None the less, it was Wannstedt-like....No logic, no thought process, no justification...just pure stupidity. So even though they might have been Speilman's shoes, they fit Wannstedt to a Tee.

But don't forget, Saban has his own 2nd round pick that he spent on a (seemingly so far) washed up QB.

7. I agree that RW played too dominant a role in this offense. I think anytime a team gets a top notch RB, the priority should be to get a top notch backup. Look at SD with LaDanian. They promptly picked up Michael Turner to back him up. The thinking is, LT cannot touch the ball 40X a game, but you still want to run the same offense, so get a player that can execute all the plays that LT runs. Its worked beautifully. MT is probably about a good a role player as their is in the NFL. I wish we had someone making those kind of smart decisions for our team.

8. I am cutting KA a break. If you have to get all the way down to blaming the STs coach, there is so much wrong with your team it doesn't matter. I don't think KA makes the final decision on Mare, which is our biggest ST failure. We get in position, we have a good snap, a good hold, good protection, and OM cannot execute. The coaching is there..the personnel decision is suspect.

Its like having a nasty fat ugly girlfriend, but breaking up with her because she has a bad manicure.

9. Mark Royals wasn't a probowler, but we could have overcome that obstacle. Hes like a six inch hurdle...not fun but hardly overwhelming.

10. Your last point about getting worse every year...we have another coach who is looking like is going to get us worse this year than we were last. So, watch out how we paint Wannstedt..some of those same strokes are describing Saban as well.

BTW...Great post shank.

dannyh1907 said:
Wanny screwed Miami over by neglecting the offense & signing high price free agence that we are still paying cap penalties for. After the 4-12 season I would have been shocked that miami finished 9-6 and (8-8ish ? this year) All of you 14 year olds that were screaming how good the Dolphins were last week and we have one bad week and you got your panties all bundled up. Relax, & let Saban build a franchise for the future. We are 4-1 after the bye week, so dont judge us on the last game, but on the overall performance we had in the last 5 weeks. Saban is the best thing to have ever of happened to Miami.

Here come the Wanny screwed us over posts :lol:

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I so wish we would stop talking about Wannstedt. He was a horrible coach. But....But, but, but...its the Saban supporters who continue to bring his name up, as if he had something to do with this year, when he clearly did not.

And since they continue to bring him up, I am going to make the case that Wannstedts first four years (before he got ambushed by Saban's mentally ill friend Ricky Williams) turned out better than I predict Saban's first four years will.

Mike Oliva, a contributor and poster on this site (MikeO), used to run a small, insignificant message board. One of his "rants" was that Wannstedt had us going in the right direction and players responded to him and that we should all leave Wannstedt alone.

I am hearing some of the same stuff regarding Saban from some of the "leaders" on this site. Miami fans are so fiercely loyal to their head coaches they cannot realize when its time to cut the chord.

If Saban's Cult will stop mentioning Wannstedt, I will gladly forget he ever coached here. But don't blame Wannstedt for Saban's failures. Thats unfair and unbecoming.

I agree with you - its Saban's team and we need to stop blaming Wanny for Saban's mediocrity... I just feel nausea coming on every time we start talking about the Wanny years - because I hear his name and I then I get visions Feidler throwing picks in my head...

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I do want to address some of the points here.....

1. He actually improved that team that JJ built. He won a division his first year,,,,JJ never won a division.

2. JJ was the coach of the 62-7 debacle. Wannstedt, to his credit, had to deal with that psychology of that loss and the whole Marino debacle. He had to get Marino out, as Marino was washed up...way washed up. I thought he dealt with that scenario diplomatically and gracefully.

3.That Patriots game was inexcusable. But his teams had quit on him before. Look at the Monday Nite Jets game where we blew that 30-7 4th quarter lead. I would have fired him Tuesday morning. But, hey, I have standards. And it was just a week before the Pats game that the team fell flat againt Minnesota and lost a game they should've won (I think it was 10-7).

4.Jamar Fletcher? What about Jamar Allen? Same kind of loser. Saban and Wannstedt are both going to be inexplicably linked by history for both passing on Drew Brees and both taking a DB in the first round that sucked. The other guys are a complete joke, esp Taylor Whitney. He couldn't block his mother.

5.It was no disgrace to bring JF in. Fiedler was the right kind of guy to follow Marino....It was sticking with JF instead of drafting Brees that was his eventual undoing.

6. A second for AJF was hysterical, although I think Spielman might have pulled that trigger. None the less, it was Wannstedt-like....No logic, no thought process, no justification...just pure stupidity. So even though they might have been Speilman's shoes, they fit Wannstedt to a Tee.

But don't forget, Saban has his own 2nd round pick that he spent on a (seemingly so far) washed up QB.

7. I agree that RW played too dominant a role in this offense. I think anytime a team gets a top notch RB, the priority should be to get a top notch backup. Look at SD with LaDanian. They promptly picked up Michael Turner to back him up. The thinking is, LT cannot touch the ball 40X a game, but you still want to run the same offense, so get a player that can execute all the plays that LT runs. Its worked beautifully. MT is probably about a good a role player as their is in the NFL. I wish we had someone making those kind of smart decisions for our team.

8. I am cutting KA a break. If you have to get all the way down to blaming the STs coach, there is so much wrong with your team it doesn't matter. I don't think KA makes the final decision on Mare, which is our biggest ST failure. We get in position, we have a good snap, a good hold, good protection, and OM cannot execute. The coaching is there..the personnel decision is suspect.

Its like having a nasty fat ugly girlfriend, but breaking up with her because she has a bad manicure.

9. Mark Royals wasn't a probowler, but we could have overcome that obstacle. Hes like a six inch hurdle...not fun but hardly overwhelming.

10. Your last point about getting worse every year...we have another coach who is looking like is going to get us worse this year than we were last. So, watch out how we paint Wannstedt..some of those same strokes are describing Saban as well.

BTW...Great post shank.

Hey - thanks for the response. On the Jax thing, I intended to refer to the playoff loss to Baltimore - not Jax - I had my teams confused. It was the year after the Ravens won the superbowl - they beat us up pretty good in the wild card game. And you are right - Saban my turn out to be just like Wanny...and man I hope not. I've been negative on Jason Allen this year too - he might be the next Jamar Fletcher - his shoulder blow that knocked the Jags receiver from the 5 into the endzone yesterday was horrible. Saban's draft choices have a lot of ??? around them IMO...only time will tell...

Best post of the month

dannyh1907 said:
Wanny screwed Miami over by neglecting the offense & signing high price free agence that we are still paying cap penalties for. After the 4-12 season I would have been shocked that miami finished 9-6 and (8-8ish ? this year) All of you 14 year olds that were screaming how good the Dolphins were last week and we have one bad week and you got your panties all bundled up. Relax, & let Saban build a franchise for the future. We are 4-1 after the bye week, so dont judge us on the last game, but on the overall performance we had in the last 5 weeks. Saban is the best thing to have ever of happened to Miami.

You nailed it, way to go.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Oh really? Lets just shut up and enjoy the next two years? What if the next two or like these past two? Just be happy, huh? Thanks for you input, but I respectfully reject your suggestion to just sit back and drink egg nog when the Fins play like they did Sunday.

I have something for this team called passion, and I want them to win, or at least play well in losing. They did neither Sunday.

Does anyone remember we started the season 1-6? That was against some of the worst teams in the league. Saban should take the majority of the blame for a horrible start. Winning against Jacksonville would have been nice, but the awful coaching and lack of preparation to start an NFL football season is the only reason that Jacksonville game was so important.

Anyone that thought that our offense actually improved should really go back and study the numbers. We turned the ball over more post Culpepper than we did when he was in. The difference was the D. By the way, Saban did make changes that significantly enhanced the D. Unfortunately it took him 7 games to get it done.

The D was the reason we were winning games and we had to know that at some point they weren't going to be able to do it alone, especially against a good team. It was only a matter of time and I started a thread 3 weeks ago suggesting that at some point our offense was going to be asked to score points and against a good team, they (JH) in particular wasn't going to be able to do it. But everyone screamed at me for Joey bashing. The bottom line is, any qb in the NFL that goes by Joey, just isn't going to make it. If he asks to be called Joe or JH, then maybe a fundamental shift in who he is will take place. Until then, I'd rather shop for a better backup qb because he hasn't even been a good backup qb.

peeps said:
My panties are not in a bundle. I was thinking 8-8 for this season after last year. Most people were thinking like that until the Culpepper trade and inflated summer talk had everyone dreaming of a big season. Let's just enjoy the next two years and then trash the coach if we aren't in the playoffs.
Why after winning the last 6 games last season would anyone think 8-8 for the next season. That to me just doesn't make sense. I don't believe "MOST" people were thinking 8-8 after last season win we won out with a 6 games streak. And I don't think most people thought " Wow! we just won 6 games in a row and we just got Culpepper now i know we will go 8-8 next season". Just my opinion.

Ekinger said:
Does anyone remember we started the season 1-6? That was against some of the worst teams in the league. Saban should take the majority of the blame for a horrible start. Winning against Jacksonville would have been nice, but the awful coaching and lack of preparation to start an NFL football season is the only reason that Jacksonville game was so important.

Anyone that thought that our offense actually improved should really go back and study the numbers. We turned the ball over more post Culpepper than we did when he was in. The difference was the D. By the way, Saban did make changes that significantly enhanced the D. Unfortunately it took him 7 games to get it done.

The D was the reason we were winning games and we had to know that at some point they weren't going to be able to do it alone, especially against a good team. It was only a matter of time and I started a thread 3 weeks ago suggesting that at some point our offense was going to be asked to score points and against a good team, they (JH) in particular wasn't going to be able to do it. But everyone screamed at me for Joey bashing. The bottom line is, any qb in the NFL that goes by Joey, just isn't going to make it. If he asks to be called Joe or JH, then maybe a fundamental shift in who he is will take place. Until then, I'd rather shop for a better backup qb because he hasn't even been a good backup qb.
Finally we know the answer. Joey is a bad QB because his name is Joey. Lucky for us Dan Marino didn't use his middle name (Constantine) when he played football. Or he would of Stunk. Joey is what he is. It has nothing to do with his name.

Dolphins Own said:
No the best thing that ever happened to Miami was Dan marino, Bob Greise, and Larry Csonka. Thats just to name a few. And that coach that coached Miami for like 20 years, forgot his name but didn't he bring us to like 4 or 5 superbowls?

I don't think anywhere in his post he said this is the best thing in franchise history.

Learn2readnOOb

Back
Top Bottom