Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

If any of you want a real scouts take............http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Yeah I heard him on WQAM the other day. His interview is still archived on QAM if you go to Audio-> Interviews.

His site is Movethesticks.com

a former scout from Baltimore and Cleveland who doesn't need to go on team boards making an A$$ hat out of himself.

you hear that OP ?

i laugh.... someone is really into themselves... and i laugh cause this is a type of thread i would put out if i was bored, just for some laughs... but damn he typed a lot!!!

if it is true, and the name was OG- Mike Iupati from Idaho.... i would not complain one bit!!!

Could be Everson Griffen...

This guy bends the arc and uses his inside arm to rip like Orakpo did coming of Texas...except Griffen has a sick spin move that Orakpo didn't have...

On tape he looks like a better player than Hughes or Kindle....he's almost a combination of the two....he has both players strengths but neither of their weaknesses.....has the ability to stack and shed at the POA...and unbelievably smooth getting depth on his drops in coverage...

I think he's going to be a hot prospect if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....

This guy bends the arc and uses his inside arm to rip like Orakpo did coming of Texas...except Griffen has a sick spin move that Orakpo didn't have...

On tape he looks like a better player than Hughes or Kindle....he's almost a combination of the two....he has both players strengths but neither of their weaknesses.....has the ability to stack and shed at the POA...and unbelievably smooth getting depth on his drops in coverage...

I think he's going to be a hot prospects if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....
Griffen doesn't get talked about much does he. I'm hoping to look at some more tape on him within the next week.

Only team that can know for certain whom they're picking is 1st overall, and even then, they are probably unsure at this moment in time.

Way too early to say who is picking whom.

I have no doubt the Holy Trinity have a LIST of people they like, not only at 12, but likely at 20, 21 etc. just incase they trade down.. heck they probably have a list of people for if they trade up.

Its all speculation at the moment. However, we do have needs and they've been exhausted through this forum in great detail. Then there is the BPA approach.

Its great to see all the banter back and forth and those of us on here who have inside knowledge I doubt are foolish enough to let anything slip otherwise they would be closed off from any more knowledge gathering.

To come on here and say you know for a fact that the Dolphins are drafting a certain way I believe is somewhat foolish.. Who knew Miami was going to take Ginn at 9.. that probably threw out of whack the next few picks.

Closer to the time when the combine and personal/school work outs are complete will probably be a better time to get to more educated speculation. At this time however, its all good fun and educating times what with the efforts of the "Other Holy Trinity" over at UniversalDraft.

This guy is obviously starved for attention and he has gotten exactly what he wants. A six page thread on a post that he gave that had no substance and seemed liked it was written by a 14 year old.

He's prob yankin it with a big smile on his face behind the keyboard as to how many responses he is getting.

Just guessing here, but talent scouts that sit in warrooms and have final say on mid round picks dont go on team forums flaunting how awesome they are compared to other people. The lack of any real names also doesnt allow us to hold his feet to the fire when/if his prediction doesnt come to fruition. Think about it. He's essentially saying that he can't divulge names because it would make it soooooo obvious who he was since he is the only one in the whole dolphin organization who would know what the FO is thinking.

Because it entertains him, simple as that. How can anyone read the following things and still take him seriously?

Give me a break. 500 hours on Spiller? I'm not even sure there are 500 hours of Spiller on tape. He's going to contact Spiller and see if he'll do a personal Combine for him?

It's a joke, in the same vein as Juan Huron, etc.

I am actually now convinced. It must take a hellava scout to watch 5 hours of tape on Spiller every day for over 3 months. This along with the 600 hundred hours he's watched of Suh, the 400 hours hes watched of Clauson and not including the hundreds of hours he's watched of each of the top 100 prospects this draft.

Lucky for us TalentEvaluatorScoutBoy is from the exciting alternate universe of Philziac where each days consist of 1000 hours and time moves at a tenth of the speed as it does here.

We are blessed to be lucky enough to have you. Did I mention that?

I think our REGIME is smart enough to keep the vital information from us... And is also clever enough to plant mis-information to bring the rats out.

But what the heyy. Lets run with this notion. So the 80% guy is MCCLAIN. And let me guess they're buying the '2 DOWN RUN STOPPER' bull****t about Mc and thats why he's 'slipping' . oh and another guess, the out of nowhere guy is FS MYRON ROLLE

IMHO this is just crap. McCLAIN will be our RAY LEWIS and they're worried he might not be available.

I think he's going to be a hot prospect if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....

I briefly mentioned Griffen about a month ago. I like his athleticism and he's been fairly productive for 3 years. He's def. a guy I'd keep an eye on at the Senior Bowl.

I personally would also throw Navarro Bowman in there as well for ILB.

CK I agree the OP might be clowning the so called "experts" on here (boomer,CK, ect.) if he's not either way I think its ammussing to me because so many here have posted with angry comments towards the OP.

The fact is we all take are self's and views a bit to seriously at times, I feel I have a strong knowledge of football and who can and cant play, but the way a team drafts is so secretive that at this stage of the process there is simply no way of knowing what 4-5 players any given team is zeroing in on,its way to early FA hasnt even taken place which always alters a teams draft plan to an extent.

I also feel hearing teams are interested in Player X doesnt mean anything either maybe its genuine interest, maybe a smokescreen but certainly means nothing much more than a name because if the player isnt on the board when the team picks it doesnt matter.

I do appreciate the knowledge thats shared here, I do sometimes wish guys would be more specific about why a guy cant play than why he can,seems easy to make a comparison to a current pro and say he can do it because player "A" is the same kind of hgt/wght but I understand we are making cases for are favorite players.

As for the 12th pick, I think its a tough pick most likely there will not be a cant miss player here, and as for the team needs the safest picks might all be at positions miami is somewhat set... OL, CB, DE, so the question then becomes what to do trade back,select the pure PBA(which I think might be an OT & would make that pick...except for salary cost).

However in my master plan I'd trade for Marshall(only if I can get him for a 3rd rnd or lower...if another team out bids fine but recent WR trades have gone for about the same) then draft to improve the defense with a TE somewhere in the mid rounds.... ILB,NT & OLB are needs IMO.

CK I agree the OP might be clowning the so called "experts" on here (boomer,CK, ect.) if he's not either way I think its ammussing to me because so many here have posted with angry comments towards the OP.

The fact is we all take are self's and views a bit to seriously at times, I feel I have a strong knowledge of football and who can and cant play, but the way a team drafts is so secretive that at this stage of the process there is simply no way of knowing what 4-5 players any given team is zeroing in on,its way to early FA hasnt even taken place which always alters a teams draft plan to an extent.

I also feel hearing teams are interested in Player X doesnt mean anything either maybe its genuine interest, maybe a smokescreen but certainly means nothing much more than a name because if the player isnt on the board when the team picks it doesnt matter.

I do appreciate the knowledge thats shared here, I do sometimes wish guys would be more specific about why a guy cant play than why he can,seems easy to make a comparison to a current pro and say he can do it because player "A" is the same kind of hgt/wght but I understand we are making cases for are favorite players.

As for the 12th pick, I think its a tough pick most likely there will not be a cant miss player here, and as for the team needs the safest picks might all be at positions miami is somewhat set... OL, CB, DE, so the question then becomes what to do trade back,select the pure PBA(which I think might be an OT & would make that pick...except for salary cost).

However in my master plan I'd trade for Marshall(only if I can get him for a 3rd rnd or lower...if another team out bids fine but recent WR trades have gone for about the same) then draft to improve the defense with a TE somewhere in the mid rounds.... ILB,NT & OLB are needs IMO.

If Dez Bryant is gone my hope would be that we have an opportunity to trade down- my best guess as to a trading partner would be a LT starved team trading up for Anthony Davis or Bryan Bulaga. If Bryant isn't there at #12 I'd be fine with picking up Benn with a late 1st or early 2nd. Maybe he lasts until our 2nd rd pick, who knows. He's still the 2nd best WR to me, after Bryant and just before Tate. I'd be comfortable with sliding down to Green Bay's #23 slot and picking up their 2nd- I could see them making a move for Bulaga, they have to protect Rodgers better.

Back
Top Bottom