Make me the Miami Dolphins GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Make me the Miami Dolphins GM

Boomer said:
I read your stuff. First of all, spell the names correctly. It's Yeremiah and Zgonina.

I also don't think we're 'close'. We have issues at QB, WR, tight end, LT, G, C, DT, OLB and K. That's not 'close' in my book.

Sammy Morris has played very well and has been a vital part of the ST unit. No way he's allowed to walk, even with Ricky coming back. Same with Minor. Travis is cheap and similarly does solid ST work.

Miami is $17.8 million under the cap.

Matt Roth has played well, but 'a complete beast'? That's some stretch.

As for the OL, Leonard Davis is an All Pro RG who was switched to cover injury and never moved back. As for Gandy, he's struggled and has been shifted to RT with the former tight end Jason Peter playing LT. Oben is too old. Both Briggs and Thomas will be too expensive for us and Briggs, frankly, doesn't really fit the system. I would expect Thomas to end up in somewhere like San Francisco. You've ignored the three best LG prospects, Steinbach, Manuwai and Dielman, all legitimate targets.

London Fletcher isn't a Patriot LB.

I haven't got the time or the inclination to go through the draft, suffice to say that no JaMarcus Russell in the top 5/7? And it's Revis. And Brandon Merriweather isn't a 1st rounder. Buster Davis isn't a Miami linebacker.

As for our 'roster', Jeno James won't be here. And Rodrique Wright to start......come on.

Your review of Chris Chambers is rather a homers call. Chambers has been mediocre and frankly he's done very little in 6 years in Miami, apart from do exactly what he did at Wisconsin. He's taken over 1 game in 6 years. Not good enough.

Hagan has had 'a decent season'. Has he? I must have missed it.

Daniel Graham, a former 1st round pick and the best blocking tight end in the game won't 'come cheap'.

Joe Toledo a 'young stud'??? Where?

And calling Jeno James our best lineman is hilarious. Carey is our best lineman by a long chalk. James has struggled all season and never lived up to his billing after 2 solid years in Carolina.

Crosby the best kicker in college? I think Art Carmody and Alexis Serna would argue that.

Newman is solid? Is he?

Sorry to be critical dude, but needed to inject some reality.

Graham was not a 1st rounder, Watson was.

Joey 22 said:
Graham was not a 1st rounder, Watson was.

Daniel Graham was taken in the first round, 21st overall, in the 2002 draft from Colorado.

A quick note, never doubt Boomer's knowledge of the draft, past or present. :wink:

Boomer said:
I read your stuff. First of all, spell the names correctly. It's Yeremiah and Zgonina.

Crosby the best kicker in college? I think Art Carmody and Alexis Serna would argue that.

Newman is solid? Is he?

Sorry to be critical dude, but needed to inject some reality.

C'mon Boom...I think he did a good job....spelling or not. Yes, Crosby is the best kicker in college football....Carmody and Serna are ok, as well as the kicker from UCLA, but NONE of them have the leg that Crosby has. Carmody won the Groza award, mainly for accuracy, but he rarely attempts any 50+ yarders like Crosby does on a regular basis. He also doesn't kick the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs like Crosby. Yes, we do need help in many areas. I like his mock draft but I would take Troy Smith, QB, in the 2nd and have him backup DC until he is ready....send Joey packing, keep Lemon as our 3rd.

Dolphins Mock:
1st-Leon Hall CB Michigan
2nd- Troy Smith, QB the Ohio State U.
3rd- Doug Datish C Ohio State
4th: Mason Crosby K Colorado
5th-to Detroit for Joey Harrington
6th- Matt TRannon WR/TE Michigan State
7th Eric Wicks S West Virginia

:dolphins:

unifiedtheory said:
Daniel Graham was taken in the first round, 21st overall, in the 2002 draft from Colorado.

A quick note, never doubt Boomer's knowledge of the draft, past or present. :wink:

Sorry I googled it and it did came out a 1st rounder, again sorry everyone...

good work.. i just dont see anyone giving us anything better than a 6th or 7th for joey... if we are deperate at QB and we dont want him... cant imagine any team trading for him..when they know we dont want him...

RealDriscoll said:
Sorry about some of the spelling on the names. Spell check doesn't cover Yeremiah and Zginina. Boomer your my favorite read on this board so I respect your opinion. Here are some responses....

- Chambers has been decent and mediocre? He has more TD's since his arrival in the NFL than Chad Johnson and Steve Smith, I do not call that mediocre. He has been given no opportunity to excell this year and MIke Mularkey is too blame for this.

-Travis Minor and Sammy Morris returning? You think we would carry 4 RB's? Maybe.

- Briggs and Thomas out of our price range? How so ? If we are 17.4 million under and have a lot of overpaid veterans to release or restructure you don't think we could afford one? Briggs has been rumored to be interested in playing here.

-You are correct about carey being better than james. I would love a Steinbach but I think Briggs or Thomas should be our top priority.

- As for Gandy. LT is a terrible Position this year for Free Agency and besides Joe Thomas the draft is pretty weak is still.

Boomer I would like to see some of your expectations for off season free agency and draft because you do know a lot more than me. Boomer, you think playoffs next year?

Thanks for the input though guys...

GO DOLPHINS!

Dude, first off, I wasn't trying to pick holes, especially over the spelling, I just get anal about that stuff.

With regards Chambers, you bring us his numbers but you genuinely can't mention Chambers in the same breath as either Smith or Johnson, probably the two best WR's in the game. Yes Chambers has more TD's, but he falls down on almost every other category:

Chambers has 370 catches, whilst CJ has 459 and Smith 337. But Smith only had 10 catches as a rookie and missed 2004 with injury. Considering he has 179 catches the last 2 seasons, it's pretty safe to assume that had he been healthy, he'd be out ahead of Chambers.

The same with yardage. CC has 5218, CJ 6840 and SS 4840, but again, Smith essentially missed two years and when you consider he has 2600+ yards the last 2 years, again he'd be well ahead of Chambers.

CC's YPC is less than the other two as well and whilst Smith's majority of fumbles came on punt and kick returns, all of Chambers' 10 fumbles were on pass plays. CJ has never fumbled. And CC has dropped far more balls than either of the others.

When you evaluate the two, Chambers is a mediocre WR who flashes brilliance, but generally is inconsistent. Johnson also has 5 1000+ yard seasons, Smith 3 and Chambers 1.

With regards Morris and Minor, the work that they do on ST is far more important than carrying 4 backs.

With regards 'overpaid vets to release', that doesn't mean that we simply wipe their wages from the cap - it doesn't work like that. Briggs also said he'd like to play in a number of places and if you check, the quotes came through his agent trying to pressure Chicago into a deal. I certainly think we'll be interested in Thomas, but in the end we'll be outbid.

Gandy, as I said, is playing RT....hardly an upgrade on what we have. And the draft is very strong at left tackle. After Thomas, you have Levi Brown, Jov Staley, Doug Free, Barry Richardson, Tony Ugoh, Ryan Harris, Jared Gaither, etc. Strong year.

My expectations are that we lack an x-factor on offense. That would make Ted Ginn Jr. a strong possibility. We also need a LT, so Levi Brown is a strong candidate. Interior linemen like Justin Blalock and Ben Grubbs would be high on our R1 list. As would a Lamar Woodley, and DT's like Justin Harrell, Amobi Okoye, etc. In the secondary, Hall, Revis and Antoine Cason would draw interest. In FA, I can see us try and persue a LG like Steinbach, Dielman or Manuwai and Leonard Davis at RG. I think we might look at an eric Johnson and Adalius Thomas, as well as DT's like Terdell Sands.

Playoffs? Depends on how Daunte recovers.

Boomer said:
Dude, first off, I wasn't trying to pick holes, especially over the spelling, I just get anal about that stuff.

With regards Chambers, you bring us his numbers but you genuinely can't mention Chambers in the same breath as either Smith or Johnson, probably the two best WR's in the game. Yes Chambers has more TD's, but he falls down on almost every other category:

Chambers has 370 catches, whilst CJ has 459 and Smith 337. But Smith only had 10 catches as a rookie and missed 2004 with injury. Considering he has 179 catches the last 2 seasons, it's pretty safe to assume that had he been healthy, he'd be out ahead of Chambers.

The same with yardage. CC has 5218, CJ 6840 and SS 4840, but again, Smith essentially missed two years and when you consider he has 2600+ yards the last 2 years, again he'd be well ahead of Chambers.

CC's YPC is less than the other two as well and whilst Smith's majority of fumbles came on punt and kick returns, all of Chambers' 10 fumbles were on pass plays. CJ has never fumbled. And CC has dropped far more balls than either of the others.

When you evaluate the two, Chambers is a mediocre WR who flashes brilliance, but generally is inconsistent. Johnson also has 5 1000+ yard seasons, Smith 3 and Chambers 1.

With regards Morris and Minor, the work that they do on ST is far more important than carrying 4 backs.

With regards 'overpaid vets to release', that doesn't mean that we simply wipe their wages from the cap - it doesn't work like that. Briggs also said he'd like to play in a number of places and if you check, the quotes came through his agent trying to pressure Chicago into a deal. I certainly think we'll be interested in Thomas, but in the end we'll be outbid.

Gandy, as I said, is playing RT....hardly an upgrade on what we have. And the draft is very strong at left tackle. After Thomas, you have Levi Brown, Jov Staley, Doug Free, Barry Richardson, Tony Ugoh, Ryan Harris, Jared Gaither, etc. Strong year.

My expectations are that we lack an x-factor on offense. That would make Ted Ginn Jr. a strong possibility. We also need a LT, so Levi Brown is a strong candidate. Interior linemen like Justin Blalock and Ben Grubbs would be high on our R1 list. As would a Lamar Woodley, and DT's like Justin Harrell, Amobi Okoye, etc. In the secondary, Hall, Revis and Antoine Cason would draw interest. In FA, I can see us try and persue a LG like Steinbach, Dielman or Manuwai and Leonard Davis at RG. I think we might look at an eric Johnson and Adalius Thomas, as well as DT's like Terdell Sands.

Playoffs? Depends on how Daunte recovers.

You never fail to impress Boomer. Quick question - how bad off would we be if Chambers and/or McMike were to find themselves traded?

Good work, enjoyed the read. But IMO not drafting OL in rounds 1 or 2 is a major mistake. Everything starts up front, and our OL sucks big time. We have ignored it way too long. Look at the first thing Mangini did when he took over the Jets, drafted OL with their two first round picks, and they're headed to the playoffs. We MUST build a good OL to protect Daunte since he is going to be our starter, say what you want against him, but he will be our starting QB next year, so we better build up the OL to protect him and give him LOTS of time since he doesn't seem to read defenses very quickly and we will still have CC who needs a LONG time to get open apparently.

typically on the internet ormoreless when peoplewant to bash a thread or anyones persona... they fall back to attacking typos on the internet and will try to relate it to intelligence. they cant help it, its simply the same logic as when a small child doesnt get what he wants and he runs to tell on the other child. Simply, they cant handle the challenge of posting on topic, they must try to sway the opinions by attacking offtopic b4 hand.

yes, served.

and yesmy keyboard sucks but aparently ill allow some errors to stay there so you don't run and hide.. and will actually attempt to respond :)

Yeah sorry I am new to finheaven ; just wanted to throw a few ideas out there.

Maybe I am speaking like a homer with Chambers. I just don't get it because last year he was awesome. I know he is nowhere near CHad Johnson or Steve Smith.

Boomer, What's your opinion on Aaron Sears out of Tennessee?

-As for the draft there are 3 players that strike my fancy and those players are Ted Giin, Leon Hall, and Patrick Willis.

- I have high hopes on Culpepper I know but he is defiantly a top 10 QB. Maybe trading Chambers for MOss is not that bad of an idea; the cap ramifications would be unreal though.

-You think we have a shot at Nate Clements? Who is another LB we could get to replace Spragan? I would love AD. We have any shot at anyone good you think?

nikeair497 said:
typically on the internet ormoreless when peoplewant to bash a thread or anyones persona... they fall back to attacking typos on the internet and will try to relate it to intelligence. they cant help it, its simply the same logic as when a small child doesnt get what he wants and he runs to tell on the other child. Simply, they cant handle the challenge of posting on topic, they must try to sway the opinions by attacking offtopic b4 hand.

yes, served.

and yesmy keyboard sucks but aparently ill allow some errors to stay there so you don't run and hide.. and will actually attempt to respond :)

FLMAO.

Good Read....But Briggs isn't going anywhere.....Urlacher already told the Bears he'll take a paycut to keep him..

Back
Top Bottom