Make me the Miami Dolphins GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Make me the Miami Dolphins GM

RealDriscoll said:
This is long; I was bored at work

View attachment 3723

Well, not a bad read, although I just skimmed the defense except for the DBs. First off you have a typo, or I guess thats what it is. You have us drafting Buster in the 2nd rd but don't have him on the team. Does he suck so bad he gets cut??
I dont believe we can afford to let both Traylor AND big daddy go. Carter can not play DT on running downs. I hate to see Traylor retire because he is our best run stuffer. When he is in there NO team runs up our gut, PERIOD. He is that good, but he is getting old and may very well retire. I hope we talk him into one more year, but if not we MUST keep Wilkerson. He is the 2nd best run clogger.
Vonnie is GONE, end of story. Too much younger talent to keep him. I like Bell but he may price himself out of the market, along with wes. I am not nearly as high on Daniels at CB. He is a liablity on any play where we blitz. He CAN NOT COVER DEEP without help over the top. He just doesn't have the speed. Could play some nickle, or could easily be gone. I agree we need to upgrade the TE and Graham would work for me
The biggest problem I have with the thread is QB. You can throw up the knee all ya want but he lost something before the injury and had much longer than Carson with a less destructive injury AFTER the injury. IMO he will never be any where close to what we thought he was in minny. I tried to drink the aqua coolaid that saban was handing out after we lost out on brees but I knew from day one that one would come back and bite us on the butt. Water under the bridge now, but Danute is NOT the anwer and never will be.
IMO Cleo should be given a shot for the rest of the year now that we are offically out of the playoffs. At least then we will know what we have in him.
Cleo has the best arm, by far the best pocket presents, great accuracy and a great understanding of the offense. He has succeeded in every opportunity he has been given. There are those morons out there who point out he has not been playing vs #1 defenses in the preseason, well neither did Marino before he got his shot. He finally gets in a real game and looks REALLY good for what little time he was in vs a defense that knew he was gonna throw every down. Now the same morons say well they were playing prevent. Fine, but all he has done was look great everytime has been given a chance, so give him a chance the rest of the year and see what happens. I will bet anyone here he will not look at bad as pep did while in there. Give him a chance is all I ask. The rest of the year is for jus such opportunities.

I read your stuff. First of all, spell the names correctly. It's Yeremiah and Zgonina.

I also don't think we're 'close'. We have issues at QB, WR, tight end, LT, G, C, DT, OLB and K. That's not 'close' in my book.

Sammy Morris has played very well and has been a vital part of the ST unit. No way he's allowed to walk, even with Ricky coming back. Same with Minor. Travis is cheap and similarly does solid ST work.

Miami is $17.8 million under the cap.

Matt Roth has played well, but 'a complete beast'? That's some stretch.

As for the OL, Leonard Davis is an All Pro RG who was switched to cover injury and never moved back. As for Gandy, he's struggled and has been shifted to RT with the former tight end Jason Peter playing LT. Oben is too old. Both Briggs and Thomas will be too expensive for us and Briggs, frankly, doesn't really fit the system. I would expect Thomas to end up in somewhere like San Francisco. You've ignored the three best LG prospects, Steinbach, Manuwai and Dielman, all legitimate targets.

London Fletcher isn't a Patriot LB.

I haven't got the time or the inclination to go through the draft, suffice to say that no JaMarcus Russell in the top 5/7? And it's Revis. And Brandon Merriweather isn't a 1st rounder. Buster Davis isn't a Miami linebacker.

As for our 'roster', Jeno James won't be here. And Rodrique Wright to start......come on.

Your review of Chris Chambers is rather a homers call. Chambers has been mediocre and frankly he's done very little in 6 years in Miami, apart from do exactly what he did at Wisconsin. He's taken over 1 game in 6 years. Not good enough.

Hagan has had 'a decent season'. Has he? I must have missed it.

Daniel Graham, a former 1st round pick and the best blocking tight end in the game won't 'come cheap'.

Joe Toledo a 'young stud'??? Where?

And calling Jeno James our best lineman is hilarious. Carey is our best lineman by a long chalk. James has struggled all season and never lived up to his billing after 2 solid years in Carolina.

Crosby the best kicker in college? I think Art Carmody and Alexis Serna would argue that.

Newman is solid? Is he?

Sorry to be critical dude, but needed to inject some reality.

Good read, although my biggest concern is that you have us drafting a bunch of smallish players. Look at the players Saban has drafted and/or signed, they are, for the most part, anything but small.

I do like the thinking on the kicker though. I think Mare will play his last game as a fin in two weeks and a young stud in Krosby would be a good route to go.

I like the fact that you have us going younger on defense. In hindsight, I suppose Saban should have done that this year, earlier, so that the kids had playing time and we could see what they were made of. Personally, I think Vickerson is due. He has played great in preseason games and needs a chance to shine is all. Rod Wright next year and Fred Evans getting another year of seasoning makes for a nice, young rotation. Personally, I don't see us losing much with Traylor and Big Daddy going away. Getting younger and cheaper is always a good way to go imo.

I also like the emphasis on the DB's. It has been a patchwork the first half of this year. However, I think we finally have a direction to go in. Bell and Jason Allen seem to be our answer next year and for years to come. R.Hill is versatile enough to switch to CB or play S if the younger guys don't pan out next year. I think Tillman is gone and we will certainly address the backfield come draft day, probably just not with a first round pick.

I really think you are not going to see much movement from this team in the offseason. Saban has already stressed that continuity is key and I don't see him changing a lot of the workable parts. Perhaps one big defensive signing (we all hope for Briggs), and maybe a new TE (I have just about had it with Randy).
Honestly, I think the O-line is much improved and probably won't be tinkered much with. At least not with players outside the organization. I think Hadnot and Carey are locks at their positions. I also think Toledo, and Alabi will get their shots to earn starting spots on the squad. Jeno James will probably be back as well. that leaves Shelton, Anderson, Jacox, Fonoti, McIntosh and a couple of others to battle it out for spots.

Overall, though, good writeup.

wow I bet that took a looooong time, you must have been REALLY bored lol.

thats good stuff excepted your mock draft...you have Colt Brennan QB from Hawaii going in the 1st round? even though he put up huge numbers this year he isnt 1st round potential....

fins2354 said:
wow I bet that took a looooong time, you must have been REALLY bored lol.

thats good stuff excepted your mock draft...you have Colt Brennan QB from Hawaii going in the 1st round? even though he put up huge numbers this year he isnt 1st round potential....

Brennan is a first round calibre passer.

Sorry about some of the spelling on the names. Spell check doesn't cover Yeremiah and Zginina. Boomer your my favorite read on this board so I respect your opinion. Here are some responses....

- Chambers has been decent and mediocre? He has more TD's since his arrival in the NFL than Chad Johnson and Steve Smith, I do not call that mediocre. He has been given no opportunity to excell this year and MIke Mularkey is too blame for this.

-Travis Minor and Sammy Morris returning? You think we would carry 4 RB's? Maybe.

- Briggs and Thomas out of our price range? How so ? If we are 17.4 million under and have a lot of overpaid veterans to release or restructure you don't think we could afford one? Briggs has been rumored to be interested in playing here.

-You are correct about carey being better than james. I would love a Steinbach but I think Briggs or Thomas should be our top priority.

- As for Gandy. LT is a terrible Position this year for Free Agency and besides Joe Thomas the draft is pretty weak is still.

Boomer I would like to see some of your expectations for off season free agency and draft because you do know a lot more than me. Boomer, you think playoffs next year?

Thanks for the input though guys...

GO DOLPHINS!

I would love to see Miami get Steinbach and Briggs or one of the 2 and also see Miami draft Brain Brohm if he declares and they must draft a Kicker and cut Mare. Chambers just needs a qb who can get the ball to him on a regular basis like Sage used to do and he can be a #1 receiver. Sammy Morris and Travis minor will be back again because they are very good special teamers.

you need to have somehting in like 400 font that says FIRE MIKE MULARKEY with fire and explosions all around it

Not too bad in some areas, but I really dont like alot on the defensive side.

I like getting a blocking TE.

Defensively, you've got to worry alot more about the system. Neither Channing Crowder nor Lance Briggs are strongside OLB's in our system.

We dont have a Nose Tackle on the roster in that one.

I hope Keith Traylor will stick around for another year because the man is a beast.

I'd like to see you in my office first thing in the morning... and bring a box with you. :wink:

Gandy is a horrible tackle. Anybody who saw him play for the Bills this year will realize that. He isn't good enough to be a starter on a team that wants any chance at having a decent OL. Bennie Anderson was pathetic last year with the Bills and the Dolphins brought him in, if Gandy was brought in I think it would be the same sort of move.

Back
Top Bottom