Make Or Break Year For Devante Parker (again) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Make Or Break Year For Devante Parker (again)

This is like his 3rd make or break year. He is what he is, a talented but inconsistent and often unavailable wr.

Certainly hasn't lived up to expectations of a 1st round pick and doubtful dumping him would be called for much if he wasn't a 1st rounder, but where he went in draft is history and since his contract is reasonable Miami should keep him assuming the wheels don't fall off and he buys into Flores system. Having said that wouldn't bother me at all if Miami does.

It's going to take more than one season to atone for his dismal career thus far.

Might want to look up the word "dismal."
He hasn't lived up to his 1st round billing but i wouldn't call him "dismal"

What a dismal year 2015 was for the draft. About 6 players taken ahead of DVP (at 14) that have amounted to anything and not a whole lot below him. A few notables like Danielle Hunter (or Grady Jarrett at 5-1) but DH was selected at 3-24 (88 oa).

It's those kind of drafts where you need to be very good in the mid to late rounds.

Meanwhile, NE walked away with.....

Malcom Brown @ 32
Trey Flowers @ 101
Tre' Jackson @ 111
Shaq Mason @ 131

Talk about building the trenches!

Might want to look up the word "dismal."
He hasn't lived up to his 1st round billing but i wouldn't call him "dismal"
If it were only his play he was being judged on, I wouldn't say dismal, but very underwhelming.

When you add the fact that he has a propensity to sit out because of injuries, it becomes a dismal return on a rd1 investment.

I have no problem giving him another year, under the new staff though. It's not like we are "deep" at WR, and most of our proven guys are on the smallish side. I know it seems like a lot of $ for am oft injured, average guy, but in reality, it is probably the going rate for a comparable guy.

If it were only his play he was being judged on, I wouldn't say dismal, but very underwhelming.

When you add the fact that he has a propensity to sit out because of injuries, it becomes a dismal return on a rd1 investment.

I have no problem giving him another year, under the new staff though. It's not like we are "deep" at WR, and most of our proven guys are on the smallish side. I know it seems like a lot of $ for am oft injured, average guy, but in reality, it is probably the going rate for a comparable guy.

I don't have the stats in front of me but i believe he's one of the more accomplished 1st round receiver picks in his class. Remember the receiver something "White" that went before him to the Bears?

I guess Cooper is the most successful of that entire class. Also, Cooper only seemed to have come on recently with the Cowboys.

Last edited:
Yeah as Cooper just knew he would not thrive under Gruden and Raiders. Really he clicked easily as Prescott's go to W.R.

What a dismal year 2015 was for the draft. About 6 players taken ahead of DVP (at 14) that have amounted to anything and not a whole lot below him. A few notables like Danielle Hunter (or Grady Jarrett at 5-1) but DH was selected at 3-24 (88 oa).

It's those kind of drafts where you need to be very good in the mid to late rounds.

Meanwhile, NE walked away with.....

Malcom Brown @ 32
Trey Flowers @ 101
Tre' Jackson @ 111
Shaq Mason @ 131

Talk about building the trenches!

Nice work!

I don't pay that kind of close attention (blame it on my ADD) but
man I'd have to say a franchise with its chit together knows when
to bail on a chit draft class and roll those doggies into future picks
plus as you noted --- make your $$$ in the mid to bottom half...

That's just *smart*

which has been very alien in Dolphinland

Last edited:
Dolphins have so many wr I don't think it makes difference to dolphins but to Parker. I think he is replaceable. Parker is avg WR. stop hope this guy is going be star because he was draft in 1st rd. or less he proved me wrong I think he is avg wr to below avg in nfl.

Parker and R. Fitzpatrick both have something to prove, just maybe we see some fireworks.

Could be out of both of there hands and in the hands of the offensive line, that would be a shame if it was.

Parker lost his top 10 status he is a 5 mil dollar receiver now, no one is ever going to pay him like a top 10 pick ever again, but look how long Ted GInn lasted in the league after he left Miami, he was productive at the right price.

Back
Top Bottom