...... Makes The Pro Bowl? Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

...... Makes The Pro Bowl? Predictions

exactly.... and ive posted this in other threads, I think one a few months back talking about drake making the probowl....its recognition and name first not production..

we don't have any big names anymore really MAYBE wake and jones. but outside of this message board how often do you hear about them. they really get no love in the media. if I remember correctly i think the analogy i used was if Zeek, Saquan, David Johnson, Drake have the same identical type years, and ima go a bit further and say Drakes numbers are a lil more impressive them the others, those 3 are going to be picked ahead of him... prob look in order Zeek because of the name, Saquan because of the hype being a top pick, Johnson because of name but im sliding him down to 3rd i think just because his name lost a little luster being out last year, then Drake being odd man out because he's not an established name yet. I'll even go out on a limb and say if Ajayi had slightly worse numbers than Drake, Ajayi makes it over him because name recognition (and team)

so what we should be asking is what players will have pro bowl deserving seasons that might allow them to be alternatives....i think Jones and Wake do have enough recognition to possibly start but its still iffy...

Tanne, Drake, Sit, wake, Quinn, Jones, X, i think will have seasons deserving of the probowl. I

I think there's a difference between reality, hope, and potential.

I think the players you listed have the potential to make the pro bowl. But like you said, name recognition is a huge thing. Even if Tannehill put up a great season, he's not popular around the NFL so idk that he'd get in over somebody like Carr, Mariota, Rivers, etc.

If all the above players have great seasons, Miami will be in the playoffs.

The only year Jones had 5 picks and 2 TD's was 2015 and he was a pro bowler that year.
Yes but I’m almost positive he didn’t get voted the first time and only went when someone couldn’t go - I recall an outrage on the board here and IMO rightly so.

What year was that? Talk about a huge snub... wonder who was selected to the PB and the all pros that year. Any sacks or PDs to add to those stats?? Hell of a season he had
I think he had 1 sack as well. He definitely led the league in tackles too. As Superfin pointed out he eventually got in, but it was as a filler for someone who couldn’t play or was hurt or something. The board went nuts over it.

What year was that? Talk about a huge snub... wonder who was selected to the PB and the all pros that year. Any sacks or PDs to add to those stats?? Hell of a season he had
Ok I had to look it up. He had 109 solo tackles and 9 TFL, 2 sacks and 10 PD to go w the 135 total tackles (most by a safety and second in league to Navarro Bowman),5 picks and 2 pick 6’s. He was a monster that here and it was a massive snub. I’m pretty sure he led the league in tackles - at least from the safety position but 5 picks, 9 TFL and 2 pick 6’s is incredibly disruptive of a season.

Here is the official pro bowl roster - no Jones:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap3000000448746/article/2015-pro-bowl-complete-roster

Jones wasnt a household name that year and sadly I think he still isnt. No poofy hair, on a team that's average each year. Name and team get u playoffs if u dont have either production gets u in as an alt
I looked up the other FS that made it ahead of him that year. A couple had pedestrian numbers - 60 tackles, 2 picks. It was very bizarre. Even the great Eric Weddle only had 78 tackles, 6 PD and 0 INT. Don’t get me started w the 2 other clowns Gibson and Quinn that got in ahead of him that year.

Pro bowl is a popularity contest.....and unfortunately the Fins aren't consider popular on mainstream media (minimal coverage on ESPN, NFL Network....etc). Add in the fact, that our only National televised game this year is the dreaded Thursday night away.....when we always lay an egg. We will be lucky if anyone makes the pro bowl.

I think Tannehill will be in the Pro Bowl with a great comeback season. Drake's numbers should be more than enough to get him voted in but there are many backs in the league with bigger reps so we'll see if he carries the voting. Sitton should have a great year in Miami and he's been there before there's a good chance he gets in. I don't see any of our receivers making it this year because touches will be hard to come by in such a crowded room. On defense I think Fitzpatrick, Wake and maybe Quinn is he's in double digit sack territory. Our best player will be Tannehill because he's going to freaking bring it this year!

Here are my real predictions though I do think a LS (Denney) should be in the pro bowl:

Offense:

- Tannehill. Yep, going to have a great year and may not be 1st team but gets in.

- Tunsil. Breakout year and dominates at LT.

Defense:

- Jones. He got in last year and gets this year as the make good for the year he didn’t get in when he had about 180 tackles, 5 picks and 2 TDs. In other words, an above average season gets him in on reputation because he’d been snubbed earlier in career.

- Howard. More games like when he ****ed Brady in the vagina in prime time will get him in.

- Wake. 12 sacks, 4 FF.

Pretty vulgar last paragraph for main forums no? I know young kids that come to this forum :\

You’re right. Should have used a different choice of words there. Let me see if I can edit.

Back
Top Bottom