Making a case for Patrick Surtain II | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Patrick Surtain II

How many games have we won because of the Tunsil trade?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made the Pro Bowl?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?

Trading the one stud you have on your team is not the way to keep the strongest unit on your team strong.

Unless the Howard situation because irreconcilable, he should be covering somebody's #1, or shutting down a #2 while we roll coverage toward the #1.

Unreal! You're still on this Minkah thing? You know you can follow him and his entire team over at the Steelers thread correct?

Whether its a good reason to trade X or not is a matter of opinion. Trading X only gives a possible reason to extend this rebuild. IMO, its time to craft a team and move forward with the present capital.
MEH, I don't look at it in nearly that simplistic of a view.

Like I said, If the team were to consider it, the would almost certainly have a plan in place moving forward, besides simply aquisition of more picks.

The cap # is one consideration, but I don't see that as any type of "driving force". The cap, and related salaries will undoubtedly rise substantially, making that moot. I see no real compelling reason for trading him, other than the prior injury history, which the FO obviously felt comfortable with when they gave the contract.

That being said, if Flo feels that Iggy is ready to step in, and someone offers 2 #1s? I certainly take a look at the possibilities.

Unreal! You're still on this Minkah thing? You know you can follow him and his entire team over at the Steelers thread

For what its worth, I'll share my positions on the Dolphins right here whether you like it or not.

"Go follow another team!!!"

Makes my day when I hear that anguish pointed in my direction.

For what its worth, I'll share my positions on the Dolphins right here whether you like it or not.

"Go follow another team!!!"

Makes my day when I hear that anguish pointed in my direction.

Please stick to talking about current Dolphins players in the main thread. General NFL conversation for other non-Dolphins players are in another forum.

-Thanks

Please stick to talking about current Dolphins players in the main thread. General NFL conversation for other non-Dolphins players are in another forum.

-Thanks
Undercover MOD?

Lol.........

The way I see it is, we absolutely need to find consistent weapons for Tua, and worry about defense later.

We take Pitts...Awesome!!
We take Chase...Fantastic!!
We take Smith...Tremendous!!!
We take Waddle...Great!!
We also take later on Moore, Toney, Wallace, St Brown, Bateman...Beautiful!

Because when it come what position Miami should tackle 1st, it really should be receiving weapons, but as far as WHO...
7odb7.jpg

Well Surtain comes into play if you could get a team to trade a first this year and at least 2 2nds in the next 2 drafts for Howard. Then you can make a case.

-Thanks
You couldn't just sound silly and let it go. You had to compound the silliness with nonsense.

1st...nobody was talking about Minkah <---silliness

2nd...the main forum is chock-full of threads from players who haven't played a down of NFL ball <---nonsense.

I don't expect one at #6, but if Miami were to move back further I wouldn't **** it out. I do think CB is a higher priority in Flo and Grier's mind than in the fans and "experts." This defense is generated with corners that can play man and right now Howard and Jones do that. However, the fact that Howard has only played more than 12 games in a season in his 5 year career shouldn't be ignored. Dolphins can also get out of his contract after this season.

They can get out from under Jones after the 2022 season. CB is not usually a position you step into right away and do well. I wouldn't be shocked one bit if one of those first 4 picks for Miami is a CB.

How many games have we won because of the Tunsil trade?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made the Pro Bowl?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?

Trading the one stud you have on your team is not the way to keep the strongest unit on your team strong.

Unless the Howard situation because irreconcilable, he should be covering somebody's #1, or shutting down a #2 while we roll coverage toward the #1.
We still have a pick in 2023 from this haul, so the jury is still out. Far, far out.

We still have a pick in 2023 from this haul, so the jury is still out. Far, far out.
Ok...

Now say we trade Howard for a similar haul...when do we stop kicking the can and get to work?

No way we go CB at 6. I like Surtain, but Pitts handed him his ass in the Alabama vs Florida game.

Back
Top Bottom