Malik Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Malik Allen

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was very impressed with the showing Malik Allen had during the playoffs...when he finally got his opportunity he shined, outplayed Udonis Haslem and got to come off the bench over Haslem. With Shaq presumably coming to Miami and the #4 in question, is it possible that Malik Allen will have a good shot to play that position? I think he's earned it. It all depends on how athletic the #4 is on the opposing team as far as Allen is concerned.

Like I said before, he did well last season in the playoffs. He impressed the hell out of me. I think he could start since he has more experience than Udonis, but I think it will be Udonis' job to lose.

Udonis Haslem is more consistent than Malik Allen. I can never look at Allen as a starter, as I remember how badly he did in 2002-2003. I know Shaq makes a huge difference, but I'd rather have Haslem in the line-up, as he was a 10/10 player last year when Caron was injured.

Malik has a nice touch...but that's it. He has his coming out night once every 10 games or so. He'll be a good backup, but I doubt he starts over Haslem, who the entire coaching staff absolutely loves.

Even though I hated the guy, I'll admit that I was impressed with his performance against Indiana last year, but he's still not a starter in this league..

Malik Allen might be a better scorer but not a better defender or rebounder.The player Heat drafted last year in the second (can't remeber his name) could be the wild card at 4.

TerryTate said:
I was very impressed with the showing Malik Allen had during the playoffs...when he finally got his opportunity he shined, outplayed Udonis Haslem and got to come off the bench over Haslem. With Shaq presumably coming to Miami and the #4 in question, is it possible that Malik Allen will have a good shot to play that position? I think he's earned it. It all depends on how athletic the #4 is on the opposing team as far as Allen is concerned.

I would think it's Haslem's spot to win/lose at this point. But it's definately possible. Haslem has been consistant off the Bench as a rookie, and I like what I see from him. But at the same time, Malik did look good towards the end of the season. It will be a tough decision. At this point I'd rather go with Haslem.

I'd take Haslem, personally. Malik is a good shooter to bring off the bench, but Udonis can score some as well and adds the rebounding and tough defense into the equation, something Malik doesnt do very well.

Back
Top Bottom