man i hope this happens! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

man i hope this happens!

bdmagnum said:
From ESPN Clayton's Quick Hits:

March 23, 2005
Ricky might miss only four games in return
Here's the league's position on retired Dolphins halfback Ricky Williams, whom Dolphins coach Nick Saban would support in a comeback. The league's position is if Williams returns before July 28th -- his retirement date in 2004 -- he would be subject to a one-year suspension for retiring while under the league's substance abuse program and avoiding the drug testing. If he returns after July 28th, he would be subject to the four-game suspension he owed from last year.

Why the difference?

The NFL can't stop a player from wanting to un-retire if there is a team that wants him. But if he uses a retirement to avoid drug testing, they have the right to administer a stern penalty.

I think the bigger question is: WHY might we pass up taking Benson, Brown, or even Williams (caddy) in the draft because Ricky MIGHT come back!?!?!?! Even if he DOES come back, he has the suspension, which is 4 games-1 year, depending on when he returns. Then there is the whole question of what his shape/abilities will be after not only mising this high level of play for a season but after just chillin in mountains smoking weed all day and night. I'm sure he wasn't lifting weights and running windsprints up there. Also, and this might have been an overlooked point by some people, but we have no clue how THAT much weed THAT often has effected his mind. He has basically been smoking one constant joint for a year, now he *might* come back, how do you think that is going to effect his memorizing acomplex NFL playbook?

Agent51 said:
I think the bigger question is: WHY might we pass up taking Benson, Brown, or even Williams (caddy) in the draft because Ricky MIGHT come back!?!?!?! Even if he DOES come back, he has the suspension, which is 4 games-1 year, depending on when he returns. Then there is the whole question of what his shape/abilities will be after not only mising this high level of play for a season but after just chillin in mountains smoking weed all day and night. I'm sure he wasn't lifting weights and running windsprints up there. Also, and this might have been an overlooked point by some people, but we have no clue how THAT much weed THAT often has effected his mind. He has basically been smoking one constant joint for a year, now he *might* come back, how do you think that is going to effect his memorizing acomplex NFL playbook?

I agree with you 100%, I think we should take one of the 3 RBs (I prefer Brown) at #2, if we can't trade down. I was just providing the writing stating what will happen if RW returns that miamirw requested.

bdmagnum said:
I agree with you 100%, I think we should take one of the 3 RBs (I prefer Brown) at #2, if we can't trade down. I was just providing the writing stating what will happen if RW returns that miamirw requested.

Oh I know, I wasn't really directing it at you, just people in general, wether they want him back or don't. I read an ESPN Insider thing that said "with the possibility of a Ricky return, Miami might opt to go with one of the QBs or WRs instead in round 1" which mad me mad, and that was pretty much the reason for what I said.

Agent51 said:
Oh I know, I wasn't really directing it at you, just people in general, wether they want him back or don't. I read an ESPN Insider thing that said "with the possibility of a Ricky return, Miami might opt to go with one of the QBs or WRs instead in round 1" which mad me mad, and that was pretty much the reason for what I said.

Understand, just wanted to make sure I didn't p!ss in anyone's Wheaties:D

bdmagnum said:
Understand, just wanted to make sure I didn't p!ss in anyone's Wheaties:D

hahaha, pissing in wheaties is funny, well the concept anyway, I'm not too sure about ACTUALLY pissing in wheaties, I have never had the pleasure of experiencing that

Back
Top Bottom