man i hope this happens! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

man i hope this happens!

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
ok i know we were 4-12 last year but no prime time games wtf we are the dolphins we had a down year, anyway i hope ricky comes back and we draft edwards and we come out in the 1st preseason game agianst the bears and line up in the shotgun and feeley throws 3 td lazers and ricky runs wild and we put up like 21 points in the first and the guys at abc/espn are like damn we should have put these guys on more! us getting saban should have got us at least 1 game in prime time! screw the schedule makers.

rickysux said:
ok i know we were 4-12 last year but no prime time games wtf we are the dolphins we had a down year, anyway i hope ricky comes back and we draft edwards and we come out in the 1st preseason game agianst the bears and line up in the shotgun and feeley throws 3 td lazers and ricky runs wild and we put up like 21 points in the first and the guys at abc/espn are like damn we should have put these guys on more! us getting saban should have got us at least 1 game in prime time! screw the schedule makers.

It's a nice thought, but Ricky WON'T be there for the game against the Bears. If he comes back before July (28th, I think) he has to serve a one year suspension. After that date, it's only 4 games.

rickysux said:

The starters won't sniff the field for more than about 3-5 plays or one series. Good thought though, and I will be at that game, so it would be fun.

rickysux said:

Will you change your name if Ricky comes back? :hmmm:

This just means more negative talking about the Fins on programs like SportsCenter because the people that are talking about the teams dont even watch the other games. So basically if we do only go 8-8 and look pretty good we are still going to get the shaft when it comes to respect because nobody actually watches the fins games that report on ESPN or anything.

I really hope we come out and kick the crap out of the first couple teams we play.

if ricky comes back and does the right thing i will forgive him and change my name!

Shamboubou said:
This just means more negative talking about the Fins on programs like SportsCenter because the people that are talking about the teams dont even watch the other games. So basically if we do only go 8-8 and look pretty good we are still going to get the shaft when it comes to respect because nobody actually watches the fins games that report on ESPN or anything.

I really hope we come out and kick the crap out of the first couple teams we play.

:confused: Just the first couple of teams we play? I hope we come out and kick the crap out of EVERY team we play. Not likely, but I still hope it happens. I also hope we are have several games that are the Game of the Week not only coming into the weekend but the actual game itself plays out that way, so ABC and ESPN can feel as stupid as they look.

It's a nice thought, but Ricky WON'T be there for the game against the Bears. If he comes back before July (28th, I think) he has to serve a one year suspension. After that date, it's only 4 games.

Do you have a link that supports your claim. I don't believe the year suspension is in effect. If he has to serve i believe it's a four game suspension.

Not disputing your claim. Just want to get it writing that's all.

Confirmation that the 4 game suspension is all he gets if he comes back after July 28th. I remember reading that in one of the local rags.

From ESPN Clayton's Quick Hits:

March 23, 2005
Ricky might miss only four games in return
Here's the league's position on retired Dolphins halfback Ricky Williams, whom Dolphins coach Nick Saban would support in a comeback. The league's position is if Williams returns before July 28th -- his retirement date in 2004 -- he would be subject to a one-year suspension for retiring while under the league's substance abuse program and avoiding the drug testing. If he returns after July 28th, he would be subject to the four-game suspension he owed from last year.

Why the difference?

The NFL can't stop a player from wanting to un-retire if there is a team that wants him. But if he uses a retirement to avoid drug testing, they have the right to administer a stern penalty.

Back
Top Bottom