Man I love this dude. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man I love this dude.

How do you know this? Anything to back that up except "this is what it looks like to me"?

Others prior to this discussion have noted the difference between body builds and their ability to take on the rigors of the NFL.

I remember a discussion on Darren Sproles and their comparison to other smallish RBS. I didnt see the blowback to that poster then....

So- I wasn't the biggest fan of Tua- if anyone here knows where my mind has been all off-season it was on Trevor Lawrence 100%.
I still think Trevor will be a superb QB for some NFL team next year.

My failures when evaluating Tua were getting to know who he is. Now that we have him, I have been doing my homework and watching his Pressers.
High School Highlights etc.

I'm seriously impressed and now understand why so many people were so high on him.
I learned my lesson and digging a little deeper- getting to know the player.

I still hold my breath that he will be the first Saban QB to succeed at the next level.
I'm 100% on board with this kid and am highly optimistic he can be the answer we were looking for,

Stay healthy Tua! I'm a huge fan already bud!
Maybe this will help with your worries. Jackie Sherill never produced a quality NFL QB before a fella named Danny Marino came to town. Marino’s brilliance made Sherill change his coaching philosophy. He then changed Shula’s philosophy too.
TUA did the same thing with Saban as well. The GREAT ones can do that even to the great coaches.

Wilson is more stout. His legs and core are legit. Tale of the tape is cute, but doesnt tell the whole story. Kinda like comparing Mike Tyson to Larry Holmes.

Tyson 5'10 218
Holmes 6'3 250+

Not seeing the correlation?? Tua is 22 he will fill out more too

Tyson 5'10 218
Holmes 6'3 250+

Not seeing the correlation?? Tua is 22 he will fill out more too

Tyson was more compact and violent. Which is my point.

And yes, I hope he works on ridding himself of what baby fat exists and building up his core and base.

I still want more Brees than Wilson.

Im not saying either way, but I'll need to see a whole lot more than just opinion to believe either way between 2 players with very very similar BMI...

i got what you're saying. all i was mentioning that despite similiar ht wt that there are pictures and articles all over about wilsons strength training.....GRANTED.....Wilson is a pro and by all means Tua is still just a college student that still has to attend classes, football, along with trying to get workouts in....

6'3" 230 pounds....

1588237318727.png

also 6'3" 230 pounds

1588237444451.png

sorry for any bad memories this might bring up lol. but at least their are some itty bitty titties and a teenie tiny ass if you're in to that thing.

this list is 4 years old but 2 highlights from it...

Russell Wilson and Ryan Fitzpatrick have an almost equal BMI but I'm sure neither of those would be confused if you did a body weight composite scan.

this site has tua listed at 29.45 which on the reddit list would have him listed between Luck and Tebow... once again one of those was jacked and one of those had a QB body.

BMI is a horrible thing to go by. For our health care rewards at work they report our BMI but it has no effect on our insurance bonus. they go by waist circumference. they realized bmi was flawed due to the fact that we have a guy on the crew that is prob 6'0 260 but looks like a MLB...it went over well when they told him he was obese to borderline morbidly obese .

But anyways i know where you were going from the original arguement, he has zero proof that tua isnt built like Wilson. Sort of like if you googled Minshew who would be an almost identical BMI as tua and wilson, that man has to have the biggest thighs in the league.

1588238633365.png

upper body not so built but damn he doesn't miss a leg day.

Like i said i get where you were just wanted to state my point in regards to the BMI aspect of it

Attachments

• 1588238558494.png
    1588238558494.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 1
f what baby fat

I'm sure the baby fat will drop and turn into muscle once he can focus on just being a pro ball player instead of student athlete. with the injuries he's had i dont know if you would want him to put on too much muscle mass because that can be hell on the joints and tendons connected to them.

I look at it like this. He is a "generational talent". I have heard dozens of analysts say he is the best thrower of the football in 10+ years in the draft.

Now the difference between talent and production at the NFL level is:
a)Where you land - We are a team with what looks like a very good coaching staff and front office.
b) Work Ethic - Saban has stated on numerous occasions that he put in tons of time. Always first in, last out. I have no doubt he will put in 100% to be great.
c) Leadership - Has a presence on the field. Looks like the ultimate leader.
d) Health - Can he learn when to hold it that extra second and when to throw it away.

He checks a, b and c 100%

If he learns d, we will be set for 15+ years.

Back
Top Bottom