Man, it's been a while... but here's my $.02 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, it's been a while... but here's my $.02

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
What's up everybody?!?! -81- McMichael in da house! :cool:

Long-time-no-post for me. Damn this site has gotten PHAT!

Anyway, enough wid da ebonics (if you know me then you know how out of character this is, i.e. funny). [infins, you tell 'em]

I've been lurking for a looooooooong time now and I finally feel the need to say something about the upcoming season. Moreover, I really feel it necessary to EMPHASIZE the ONE THING that separates this season from 2004... and '03... and '02... and I think you know where I'm going with this by now.

SABAN... is... NOT... Wanny.

Ok, stop :lol:

Seriously, stop and think about it for a minute. Forget about all the personnel moves, Ricky, Spielman, Fiedler, blown draft picks, injuries, bad luck, etc... WHATEVER you want... but focus on this now:

Win OR lose, I will bet you all this ONE thing for 2005:

We will NOT have to suffer in the DOLDRUMS anymore.

I wonder how many of you really understand what I'm saying. Here's a refresher; here's the dictionary definitions:

a. A period of stagnation or slump.
b. A period of depression or unhappy listlessness.

a. A region of the ocean near the equator, characterized by calms, light winds, or squalls.
b. The weather conditions characteristic of these regions of the ocean.

Well, that's exactly where we've been under Wanny! Otherwise, known or internationally recognized as :goof:

Seriously, people, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to hang it up as a Dolfan while Wanny was in charge (there's an oxymoron for ya: "Wanny... in charge").

IMO, Wanny has suffered upon us fans some of the most pathetic and unimaginative coaching to disgrace the NFL (and almost ruin one of its proudest franchizes) in the last decade (if not ever). And I could give you SO MANY example of games literally lost at the hand of his total and complete ineptitude (stupidity is more like it, but I'm feeling generous [he never should've been hired in the first place - he's not qualified/capable to head coach in the NFL... period])... not the least of which was the final game of the season some two years ago against the Pats that had W written all over it until captain $h**-for-brains took the ball out of his star runningback's hands and instead put in the "trusted" mitts of his pendejo idiota QB who promptly threw incompletion after incompletion when all we needed was to get at least ONE freak'n set of new downs to control the destiny of that game (nevermind the season)! :yell: :fire:

Arsehole!!! :blowup:

Sorry, but I nearly gave up right there and then. At least, that's when I really understood that WITH HIM - with Wanny - this team could have all the talent and star players in the world and they... were... going... NOWHERE!

How many people remember that we had the leagues leaders in RUSHING YARDS, SACKS, INTERCEPTIONS, and TACKLES that year? :rolleyes:

Pathetic. We didn't even make the playoffs.

Any you know who I blame? Yeah, you guessed it!

But that's all I ever want to say again about THE PAST. This is a NEW ERA, people!

SAB-er ball is here! :jumper: :horsey: :jumper:

A lot of things will happen in 2005, for sure. But I will ASSURE you all of one thing RIGHT NOW: we will not play a single game this year NOT TO LOSE.

It won't happen. SABAN doesn't play that, homies. (Back wid da ebonics - I'm done "whin'n about Wanny" - feel'n betta now!)

We will play to win in 2005. Every game. EVERY PLAY. And if at 00:00 the other team has more points on the board than we do... if the other team is better... FINE! I don't have a problem with losing to a better team. Never had. But losing for fear of "something going wrong"... for playing NOT TO LOSE... F that, folks. That's the cowards' game. And they lose every time.

Here I officially (for me) welcome the 2005 season and, most of all, I welcome coach Saban and the entire Miami Dolphins team... playing to win... playing to KICK SOME *$$!!! Go 'Phins!!!

P.S. Give an example of a game or personnel decision or strategy or whatever that illustrates how awful Wanny was as a head coach. I'll start off by suggesting that the "Monday Night Miracle" is an embarrassment I don't believe any decent head coach would ever have allowed his players (or fans) to suffer. Has to be one of the darkest hours in Dolphin's history.

PEACE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back! Good post, and you've encapsulated why so many Dolfans are so excited.

greetings 81, well said, I liked ; "A lot of things will happen in 2005, for sure. But I will ASSURE you all of one thing RIGHT NOW: we will not play a single game this year NOT TO LOSE." I want very badly for that to be true.

Yo Doc.. I'm diggin the new wheels !

Nice post and welcome back. I agree with you 100%. Saban will do wonders with this team.

Good post 81. The Monday (debacle) with the JETS nearly killed me. I think the game got over sometime around 130-145 eastern time, and I laid there until I had to get up for work at 6. No sleep whatsoever thinking, HOW THE F*** did that happen? Did it happen? One of the most pitiful games I've ever seen. PS, Wanny should have had the fortitude to QUIT coaching, on the spot.

-81- McMichael said:
What's up everybody?!?! -81- McMichael in da house! :cool:

Long-time-no-post for me. Damn this site has gotten PHAT!

Anyway, enough wid da ebonics (if you know me then you know how out of character this is, i.e. funny). [infins, you tell 'em]

I've been lurking for a looooooooong time now and I finally feel the need to say something about the upcoming season. Moreover, I really feel it necessary to EMPHASIZE the ONE THING that separates this season from 2004... and '03... and '02... and I think you know where I'm going with this by now.

SABAN... is... NOT... Wanny.

Ok, stop :lol:

Seriously, stop and think about it for a minute. Forget about all the personnel moves, Ricky, Spielman, Fiedler, blown draft picks, injuries, bad luck, etc... WHATEVER you want... but focus on this now:

Win OR lose, I will bet you all this ONE thing for 2005:

We will NOT have to suffer in the DOLDRUMS anymore.

I wonder how many of you really understand what I'm saying. Here's a refresher; here's the dictionary definitions:

a. A period of stagnation or slump.
b. A period of depression or unhappy listlessness.

a. A region of the ocean near the equator, characterized by calms, light winds, or squalls.
b. The weather conditions characteristic of these regions of the ocean.

Well, that's exactly where we've been under Wanny! Otherwise, known or internationally recognized as :goof:

Seriously, people, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to hang it up as a Dolfan while Wanny was in charge (there's an oxymoron for ya: "Wanny... in charge").

IMO, Wanny has suffered upon us fans some of the most pathetic and unimaginative coaching to disgrace the NFL (and almost ruin one of its proudest franchizes) in the last decade (if not ever). And I could give you SO MANY example of games literally lost at the hand of his total and complete ineptitude (stupidity is more like it, but I'm feeling generous [he never should've been hired in the first place - he's not qualified/capable to head coach in the NFL... period])... not the least of which was the final game of the season some two years ago against the Pats that had W written all over it until captain $h**-for-brains took the ball out of his star runningback's hands and instead put in the "trusted" mitts of his pendejo idiota QB who promptly threw incompletion after incompletion when all we needed was to get at least ONE freak'n set of new downs to control the destiny of that game (nevermind the season)! :yell: :fire:

Arsehole!!! :blowup:

Sorry, but I nearly gave up right there and then. At least, that's when I really understood that WITH HIM - with Wanny - this team could have all the talent and star players in the world and they... were... going... NOWHERE!

How many people remember that we had the leagues leaders in RUSHING YARDS, SACKS, INTERCEPTIONS, and TACKLES that year? :rolleyes:

Pathetic. We didn't even make the playoffs.

Any you know who I blame? Yeah, you guessed it!

But that's all I ever want to say again about THE PAST. This is a NEW ERA, people!

SAB-er ball is here! :jumper: :horsey: :jumper:

A lot of things will happen in 2005, for sure. But I will ASSURE you all of one thing RIGHT NOW: we will not play a single game this year NOT TO LOSE.

It won't happen. SABAN doesn't play that, homies. (Back wid da ebonics - I'm done "whin'n about Wanny" - feel'n betta now!)

We will play to win in 2005. Every game. EVERY PLAY. And if at 00:00 the other team has more points on the board than we do... if the other team is better... FINE! I don't have a problem with losing to a better team. Never had. But losing for fear of "something going wrong"... for playing NOT TO LOSE... F that, folks. That's the cowards' game. And they lose every time.

Here I officially (for me) welcome the 2005 season and, most of all, I welcome coach Saban and the entire Miami Dolphins team... playing to win... playing to KICK SOME *$$!!! Go 'Phins!!!

P.S. Give an example of a game or personnel decision or strategy or whatever that illustrates how awful Wanny was as a head coach. I'll start off by suggesting that the "Monday Night Miracle" is an embarrassment I don't believe any decent head coach would ever have allowed his players (or fans) to suffer. Has to be one of the darkest hours in Dolphin's history.

PEACE!

Well if it isn't my main man 81, welcome back to the foe, my wayward friend. Good post..I think after the Pats game, Wanny became very conservative, before that, he would take chances..afterwards we became so predictable, the other team ignore our WR long ball ability and sat on the routes, i.e, the number of int's for AJ and Fiedler last year...why respect the deep when everyone knew Wanny was only going to throw 10 yards..and what's so funny, he wouldn't change it for 8 games...unbelievable, talking about setting your QB up.

I, too, had trouble going to sleep after that game. Maybe two hours of sleep, and I can tell you which of the nightmares were worse that night... the freak'n second half of that freak'n horrible game!

By the way, didn't Wanny give the players the next day (or two) off after that game? No, really, it's unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. Someone should have been tapping him on the shoulder and whispering to him, "Hey, estupido, these guys get paid MILLIONS of dollars... to be treated like MEN!" But, hey, maybe it's simply that Wanny knew the burden off the loss was squarely on his shoulders. I just hope he had the cojones to go in to work the next day and watch film of that debacle again and again and again. (Obviously, he didn't because we saw shades of that game... again and again and again.)

Imagine for a moment that you'd never seen that game before and someone now showed you the first half of it and then said, "Predict the final score," you'd have been like, "Yeah, right! Gotta have been like 50-something to maybe - MAAAAYBE - 33 or 34 or whatever. Blowout none-the-less."

Well so much for that! Seriously, I don't mind losing. (I don't like it - let's be clear about that. But I don't "mind" it.) In competition, someone HAS TO lose. But, see, that's JUST IT. I don't see any shame in losing to COMPETITION. But losing to yourselves, losing out of stupididty, fear, lack of focus, or overconfidence, whatever. There's just no reason for that. Not on the professional level. It happens, yes. But there's just no excuse for it.

Give you one example (that could later turn out to be the first glimpse of the "changing of the guard", I hope). The Patriots have been winning because they not only play like a team but because they play like a FOCUSED team... a team focused... ON ITS COMPETITION. They simply don't beat themselves. Well, that is, until last year's game against us (Monday night game, I think). THAT, my friends, was a glimpse of what I hope to see at least a little bit more of from our cousins up north... and virtually none of from our Dolphins anymore (lest Saban rip somebody a new orifice [and you know which one I'm talk'n 'bout]).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bro...welcome back...

Rather than mention one game or play...how about this...

How many times did we see the opposing team be able to move the ball on us, or stop certain plays and after the half there was NEVER an adjustment made to compensate for what the other team was doing to us or able to do on us ?? The team NEVER made any game time adjustments or half time adjustments at all...I have watched the Fins for many years and that was always what impressed me about Fins football under Shues...we almost always stopped what the other team was doing to us after the half...we didn't always win, but there were obvious adjustments made...I never saw that with Wanny....What's confusing is whether it was lack of ability to make adjustments or lack of willingness to make those adjustments...It's like he refused to change what he was doing in a game when it was obviously not working !!

One other thing was his "player loyalty." He had certain players that he would never chastise, correct or coach if they weren't up to where they should be. And he had certain players that he disliked (for loss of a better word.) Some examples, of course the obvious was Ears...he loved Fiedler and no other QBs ever got a true opportunity here. But how about Gadson...he seemed to hate OG...and it cost OG his career. I'm not a big fan of OG's either, but Wanny never gave him a break...How about Ruddy...for the last 5 years of his career here, he played just barely acceptable, but Wanny NEVER looked to replace him...They even drafted McKinney, but McKinney not being a Wanny guy either, never got a chance until RS took over personnel. How about Carey...he never really gave Carey a shot..How about AJ...look what he did to AJ...the man may never really reach any potential because of last year...I don't think that Saban nor the fans will really give him the opportunity he should have gotten last year. How about Gardner...Wanny hated that guy...(now, DG was a locker room cancer, but Wanny couldn't wait to dump him...)

Guess I rambled on too long here. I don't like getting started on Wanny..in some ways I feel like a hypocrit, because until the 2003 preseason, I was a Wanny supporter...but after going thru that training camp, and the guys that were cut, the way the roster shaped up..I lost it with him....

Amen to all that and then some!!

Welcome back!!:drinkers:

Besides last years monday night game against the Patsies. Under Wanny when did the fins ever play inspired football? His teams always took his personality, which was, ho-hum. Now under saban they (hopefully) will play with FIRE AND DESIRE!

DrAstroZoom said:
Welcome back! Good post, and you've encapsulated why so many Dolfans are so excited.

Encapsulate---hhmmm-isn't that what Roth will do to opposing QB's--Oh no that is decapitate, my bad. I dont know who you are 81, and I dont know where you been, but it sure looks like things will be colourful while u are around shag ;)

estrada507 said:
Besides last years monday night game against the Patsies. Under Wanny when did the fins ever play inspired football? His teams always took his personality, which was, ho-hum. Now under saban they (hopefully) will play with FIRE AND DESIRE!

That was Bates... not Wanny. That's WHY we won.

Back
Top Bottom