Man Sues The Miami Dolphins After His Toe Was Accidentally Amputated During A Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man Sues The Miami Dolphins After His Toe Was Accidentally Amputated During A Game

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
It was the second quarter of the Miami Dolphins game against the Oakland Raiders when Jean Michaud bellied up to the LIV Hard Rock Stadium bar and ordered a vodka.

The bartender had just turned to fix the drink when without warning the marble slab of the bar disconnected and fell to the ground. It clipped Michaud’s foot on the way down, sending the 34-year-old reeling.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article219604630.html#storylink=rss

He will get a settlement. I use to be a litigation negotiator for a top insurance company. His claim will be mid 6 figures due to “pain & suffering” BS.

He will get a settlement. I use to be a litigation negotiator for a top insurance company. His claim will be mid 6 figures due to “pain & suffering” BS.

B.s. his toe looked pretty ****ed to me and it could negatively impact his life for the remainder of it, hard to call that bullshit no?

A ****ing bar countertop fell on the guy while he was drinking a beer in the stadium and his toe got smashed to bits.

Yeah, you're god damn right I'd want some compensation from the team for that mishap.

this dude is gonna get paid

it's a bad week for this organization

F... U... Pay me!!! Lol... It does change his life tho.. On a serious note

B.s. his toe looked pretty ****ed to me and it could negatively impact his life for the remainder of it, hard to call that bullshit no?

2000+ insurance settlements under my belt. I find it funny how little people know about the process and the value of claims. Everyone thinks that their claim is worth 7 figures but those are very rare.

It’s a toe. He would get more if he was a diabetic due to decreased recovery and complications. Let’s say tha he would have fell and hit his head as a result of this table falling and hitting his toe. He ends up with LOC > 5 mins, a cervical and lumbar injury and post concussive syndrome. Now that would be a 7 figure mega claim and one that would negatively effect his life.

People don’t realize that Florida has some of the lowest settlement payouts. I settleed a claim for a person who had a slip & fall and that person incurred legit injuries. Had a 2 level cervical herniation that needed to be fused. After the surgery she developed RSD in the right arm. The right arm ended up being amputated due to the RSD. Her legs then ended up with RSD. This is the time that we moved in for settlement. We had to price in home modifications into the settlement along with pain & suffering. In the end, it settled for 1.4 million. The toe guy....not getting a 7 figure payday unless TBum is the one negotiating.

You want a mega settlement. NC, IL and CA are the states with the highest valued settlements. And if this claim was workers comp lol.... $15,000 max!

Pain and suffering is far from BS.

If it was your toe you wouldnt settle for that.

I hope he is compensated well.

Back
Top Bottom