Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt!

Typical Dolphins, we bypass a player who looks like a budding star to select Charles Harris, who looks like a budding bust. I am watching T.J. Watt mess up Cam Newton tonight, and I think how great he would have looked in aqua and orange. Disapointing.

Better bust about 30 other teams asses while you are at it.

You realize that only Harris was selected by the current person in charge of the draft, right?

Oh, maybe you don't (GM Chris Grier, if you must know).

The only thing constipated around here is your ****ty thread.
Totally missing the point dude. Which is....MOST of the time, we draft poorly. It dosen't matter who is making our picks, Dave Wannestadt, Chris Grier, Bozo the clown.......when was the last draft where we killed it?? I realize that there will be misses.... but historically, Typically (there is your favorite word again!) we draft poorly. That's why we are usually 7-9 or 8-8, that's why we are stuck in the mud, taking Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees.

People don't seem to realize that picking players is like winning the lotto. You don't know what your getting, you can only do so much research. I will say though that Miami has been horrendous this past decade with picks.

Totally missing the point dude. Which is....MOST of the time, we draft poorly. It dosen't matter who is making our picks, Dave Wannestadt, Chris Grier, Bozo the clown.......when was the last draft where we killed it?? I realize that there will be misses.... but historically, Typically (there is your favorite word again!) we draft poorly. That's why we are usually 7-9 or 8-8, that's why we are stuck in the mud, taking Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees.

By Bozo the clown you mean Nick Saban right?

So it's not the people who actually make the picks.

Because they work for the "typical Dolphins" they're magically/mystically/psychically crappy drafters?

Huh. Who knew?

We might have killed 2018 (too soon to tell), but we definitely killed 2016 with the Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake trifecta, plus Jakeem Grant.

(That also happens to be our current GM's first draft. I'm aware you don't believe it has anything to do with who is sitting in the chair. It's the chair itself that matters).

The only reason we lucked out on Tunsil is because he was in a video during the draft smoking chiba.

Sorry. We got Tunsil because Grier did his homework. 12 other teams had a shot at a top 2 or 3 prospect (and passed).

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

So it's not the people who actually make the picks.

Because they work for the "typical Dolphins" they're magically/mystically/psychically crappy drafters?

Huh. Who knew?

We might have killed 2018 (too soon to tell), but we definitely killed 2016 with the Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake trifecta, plus Jakeem Grant.

(That also happens to be our current GM's first draft. I'm aware you don't believe it has anything to do with who is sitting in the chair. It's the chair itself that matters).

Again, I think you are missing the point. I'm curious, do you believe the Dolphins have done an excellent job of drafting in recent years? (all the playoff appearances and Superbowl wins :) ) Do you think they could do better? Are you happy with the constant medocrity? We lucked into Tunsil (he was projected to be 1st overall) Howard is a nice player and Drake has some talent but is nowhere near being a star, much less starting, a 35 year old is ahead of him!

Again, I think you are missing the point. I'm curious, do you believe the Dolphins have done an excellent job of drafting in recent years? (all the playoff appearances and Superbowl wins :) ) Do you think they could do better? Are you happy with the constant medocrity? We lucked into Tunsil (he was projected to be 1st overall) Howard is a nice player and Drake has some talent but is nowhere near being a star, much less starting, a 35 year old is ahead of him!
Yes. I'm very happy with way we have been drafting since Grier became GM (2016).

We have horrible drafting years in the past, but they have no bearing on what is occurring presently.

There can't be a "typical Dolphins" comment with a brand new GM that has absolute control over the draft that has been doing a phenomenal job.

What in the world does Rick Spielman, Ireland, Saban, Bobby Beathard, or Charley Winner have to do with how we have been drafting since Chris Grier has been in charge? (I'll tell you. Absolutely nothing).

Sorry. We got Tunsil because Grier did his homework. 12 other teams had a shot at a top 2 or 3 prospect (and passed).

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

God I hope I'm wrong, but that could some day come back and bite us on the a$$! Hopefully he stays away from the weed, and continues on the current path. I hope this is one recent draftee who makes the pro bowl.

And just because Gore is starting ahead of Drake doesn't mean he isn't star quality.

Gase had Arian Foster starting ahead of Jay Ajayi, and Damien Williams starting ahead of Drake (I disagreed with both of those decisions, but I ain't the coach).

God I hope I'm wrong, but that could some day come back and bite us on the a$$! Hopefully he stays away from the weed, and continues on the current path. I hope this is one recent draftee who makes the pro bowl.
I think the reporting was that despite the video he never had a problem with weed, so no need for concern.

And just because Gore is starting ahead of Drake doesn't mean he isn't star quality.

Gase had Arian Foster starting ahead of Jay Ajayi, and Damien Williams starting ahead of Drake (I disagreed with both of those decisions, but I ain't the coach).

Gase is a horrible talent evaluator, I said the same thing, Ajayi was supposedly in the dog house at the time.

Gase is a horrible talent evaluator, I said the same thing, Ajayi was supposedly in the dog house at the time.
Lol. He's so in love with Gore! He can't even help himself. Thankfully Gore is playing well. But I believe Drake is a star and needs far more touches.

Back
Top Bottom