Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt!

Why? Why do these threads come up so much? Several other teams missed on him as well. We also missed on probably many other players over the past decade. What's the point. Every freaking team is in the same boat.

I get the complaints. I don't understand why so many think "missing" isn't the norm

Because we have been mediocre for two decades.

Agreed. But we have had less than mediocre coaching for that same time so what difference would it make who we missed on. I like the excitement of a top prospect as much as anyone but it's not like we've been at the bottom of the draft over the last decade. Picking #1 wouldn't have netted us jack **** with the likes of Philbin, Wanny and company.

we hit home runs with both Tunsil and Fitzpatrick, still holding out hope that Harris develops but haven't seen anything to suggest he will. if we go 2/3 every few seasons i would still be happy.

What? You guys are gonna start holding posters accountable for their draft takes and player evals?

Lol Prepare to be public enemy number one.

TJ Watt was so obvious at the time. But for me I was thinking Offensive Line. Both OLinemen were drafted by SD in consecutive rounds and are both playing well for SD. But TJ Watt has been playing out of his mind. The Steelers always seem to take the obvious choices for them. Williams and Watt on Miami's defense would've been fantastic. BUT NO!!!! Miami select Charles Harris!!!

I wanted Watt over Harris...I was actually disappointed when drafted Harris
Yeah, adamant about not taking Harris and going with Watt..

I understood the scheme concerns with Watt but I just don’t believe in that sometimes..

Fitz or Edmunds for me. Plus this way J can make fun of me for calling Van Der Esch a poor man's Edmunds. :lol:

It should be fun and I know there are interested parties.
I think Van Der Esch will be the better player..Edmunds has some empty tackle stats but his game has not been good at all..

Last edited:
BTW, Harris isn't a bad player. Right now, He's a player that isn't finishing plays. The Bengals game screams that narrative.

Always?

Who'd we pass over when we took Minkah?

Tunsil?

Howard?

How many draft picks on our team from the 2015 draft? How many bust have we had since then? Cool to pick 3 players from our draft classes while teams that draft well have double digit draft picks working out.

What? You guys are gonna start holding posters accountable for their draft takes and player evals?

Lol Prepare to be public enemy number one.

Yup, hold them accountable. No more, 'they SHOULD HAVE taken . . . ' Post your picks the same time the team does, unless you're really NOT confident in the choice. That's not public enemy number one - it's a level playing field. If fans can hold the team guilty for a bad pick, those same fans should have to be exposed as not really 'knowing' (or, in some cases, being smarter than the organization).

BTW, Harris isn't a bad player. Right now, He's a player that isn't finishing plays. The Bengals game screams that narrative.

I have watched him a lot and he shows flashes of great ability.

It may never materialize, but I think the kid can play.

How many draft picks on our team from the 2015 draft? How many bust have we had since then? Cool to pick 3 players from our draft classes while teams that draft well have double digit draft picks working out.

Have you read the thread?

My whole argument is that Grier has only been in charge since 2016.

Yup, hold them accountable. No more, 'they SHOULD HAVE taken . . . ' Post your picks the same time the team does, unless you're really NOT confident in the choice. That's not public enemy number one - it's a level playing field. If fans can hold the team guilty for a bad pick, those same fans should have to be exposed as not really 'knowing' (or, in some cases, being smarter than the organization).

Why stop there. Make it a pairs thing. Give me jerrysanders and we will take on all takers. I don’t care if you put your power couple together slim and j off. Challenge accepted.

I will hop back into the game in a nanosecond.

Why stop there. Make it a pairs thing. Give me jerrysanders and we will take on all takers. I don’t care if you put your power couple together slim and j off. Challenge accepted.

I will hop back into the game in a nanosecond.
lmao

From '15 on, teams have had a shot at 4 R1 picks (the poster's example). Hardly a shot at double digit success. And I wouldn't be surprised, counting ALL picks, Miami has double digits in players who ended up "working out."

Back
Top Bottom