Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt!

Lol that’s really funny you say that because that’s exactly why I thought and said Anthony would be a bust coming out..He rooked sciut because it would look real good when he knew his read..

I see similar traits but not as bad as Anthony like you said..

But this kid Edmunds can be schemed out Of position by a high school qb.

The majority of his tackles have happened downfield..and he is consistently out of position..

He’s taking some false steps. No doubt. But that kid is really raw.

Lol that’s really funny you say that because that’s exactly why I thought and said Anthony would be a bust coming out..He fooled scouts because it would look real good when he knew his read..

I see similar traits but not as bad as Anthony like you said..

But this kid Edmunds can be schemed out Of position by a high school qb.

The majority of his tackles have happened downfield..and he is consistently out of position..

Good bad or indifferent, I would have jumped out a window if Grier took Edmunds over Minkah. (not a high window, but still)

I'm all for tracking individual poster draft picks, but also was wondering about a "collective FH draft pick" by votes when we're on the clock. I'd be curious to see how the "majority" pick would hold up. I guess you could do the same thing tracking individual picks and then compiling later on...I'm less interested in passive-aggressive gloating and crowing but more just wondering if there's an untapped collective wisdom here.

In my head I've always wondered what it would look like if thousands of us on FH got the money together to buy the team and every major decision was done via voting. Of course it'd be a mess but would it really be that much worse than it has been the last few years?
I think that would be a very smart project to track poster draft picks..

You clowned me about Houston. Too stiff, not athletic enough, etc.. It's somewhere in the draft forum years back.

I don't know about any bad mouthing. I just think it would be fun to see how everyone stacks up.

I don’t even remember evaluating Houston. Frankly. But whatever. Like I said challenge fully accepted.

If it’s just dick around stuff then I will pass.

I could put a poll up for each round and not hide who votes for who. Good idea.

I've also thought about a crowd funding Green Bay type of scenario for the fins. I guarantee this forum does better than those deficients.

The important thing is it's gotta be live - the votes have to come in during those few minutes when we're on the clock with only who's left on the board. Unfortunately there's no way to accommodate the "I'd trade up for that guy, I wouldn't have traded down there, etc."

The important thing is it's gotta be live - the votes have to come in during those few minutes when we're on the clock with only who's left on the board. Unfortunately there's no way to accommodate the "I'd trade up for that guy, I wouldn't have traded down there, etc."

Agreed. I think it's doable.

Oh I’m not doing that. No way I’m on this board real time during the draft. I tried that once with a game and was like never again.

Never again

Yeah the last part of this is why live wouldn’t necessarily be an accurate depiction of the posters talent

Oh I’m not doing that. No way I’m on this board real time during the draft. I tried that once with a game and was like never again.

Never again

Not like a live thread, you just gotta hit the poll when we're on the clock.

I don’t even remember evaluating Houston. Frankly. But whatever. Like I said challenge fully accepted.

If it’s just dick around stuff then I will pass.

Eli Apple? Is that one better? :lol:

You can take it all serious if you want. I'm sure others will. I just think it would be cool to see how people do in real time then use that in future years to see who really knows what. Then bump and post in the same thread every year.

Yeah the last part of this is why live wouldn’t necessarily be an accurate depiction of the posters talent

There's no way to accurately measure that talent in any meaningful way, considering it requires negotiation with other GMs etc. Just saying "I'd trade down here and look to grab X 5 picks later" is kind of useless.

Making a pick that pans out at the position we happen to be picking is about as objective of a measure as you can get. And again, personally I don't care about individual poster "talent" at drafting. I'm interested in seeing how we draft as a hardcore Dolphins fan community with varying levels of skill analyzing prospects.

Back
Top Bottom