Manchester United coming back to USA next summer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manchester United coming back to USA next summer

What for....the only good soccer games that can ever be watched in a stadium can be Internationl Games.

Originally posted by Prime Time
What for....the only good soccer games that can ever be watched in a stadium can be Internationl Games.

The teams ManUre plays over here are good quality. What are you talking about?

Yeah, but I mean unless It is a Cup (Gold Cup) or Qualifiers or something that has to do with the National Squad, then it is pointless...you cannot get pumped for seeing Man U playing Chelsea in a friendly...maybe you can, but I can't.

Yeah, but I mean unless It is a Cup (Gold Cup) or Qualifiers or something that has to do with the National Squad, then it is pointless...you cannot get pumped for seeing Man U playing Chelsea in a friendly...maybe you can, but I can't.

Are you kidding me? International soccer is not like the NFL, or the NBA, or the MLB with their version of preseason friendlies. You need to clear your mind just for a second of the American notion of 'preseason friendlies' and start learning what friendlies mean to the rest of the world in soccer. These matches are long-lived diehard rivalries and very meaningful to the teams, players, history, and fans with much bragging rights afterwards EVEN THOUGH no point is awarded to the winning team afterwards. Why do you think all the star players on the clubs play almost the whole game? Because the teams know how 'not so friendly' it is. Its not like the NFL or NBA exhibition: "yea lets put all our 3rd-stringers in the game starting midway thru the 1st quarter in front of a Japanese or Mexican audience". I'm an American, but how f*cking embarassing to be to be pulling a stunt like that. I WISH I could see MAN U vs. Chelsea, or Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, or Rangers vs. Celtic, or Paris SG vs. Monaco, or AC Milan vs. Juventus in an exhibition game because I know the stars will come out to play to WIN just like they did last summer in EVERY game.

PLEASE I HOPE THEY CHOOSE MIAMI AS THE 3RD CITY TO PLAY!

Foxboro and Washington are the most likely cities to get the third game.

At these friendlies, the star players do play most of the game. They don't go the full 90, but they always get in there.

Yeah but still it is not like the players are giving it their all like they would If it actually counted.

Yeah but still it is not like the players are giving it their all like they would If it actually counted.

I don't think you read my previous post. ^Look up^

Back
Top Bottom