Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021

Does it matter if it’s deep, short, or medium length throwing into tight windows? They were doing it so they could get it on film to study it and work on it. All the Answers are already there in Tuas presser or are you that much of hater that you didn’t watch it? There’s a reason I have you on ignore and will continue to be on my ignore.
I read thur the first three pages of this thread, I did not see context behind the INT, whether it was short, medium, or long as slinging the rock as many here put it.

And of course it does matter. I don't even want to waste my time to explain why. Its obvious.

Just one question, if it does not matter whether its short, medium or long, why so many here including you tried to explained away the INT as slinging the rock?

5 interceptions by Tua huh... this should be fun this year
If he is still throwing multiple interceptions once the season get here, then I will be concerned. I really don’t care how many interceptions he throws right now because he pointed out they are working on specific passes and he was throwing in a wicked storm.

I read thur the first three pages of this thread, I did not see context behind the INT, whether it was short, medium, or long as slinging the rock as many here put it.

And of course it does matter. I don't even want to waste my time to explain why. Its obvious.

Just one question, if it does not matter whether its short, medium or long, why so many here including you tried to explained away the INT as slinging the rock?

I don't think the INTs matter on the surface. Making judgements based on a minicamp matchup would be ludicrous.

However, I do think there are legitimate questions of what kind of QB Tua is when aggressive. Perhaps that's why Gailey was so conservative in his play calling. He saw what he was doing in practice. So far it doesn't look good, but there is a looooong way to go.

others have told you, but here it is again, from the coach:

“I don’t think Tua’s going to go into a shell,” Flores said, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “I tell him [after a practice like that] to continue being aggressive. The conversations are a lot of what we’ve already talked about here — use this time to practice pushing the ball downfield. Then we’ll make the adjustments and the corrections.”

Flores added that practice is a time to “test the waters and see what works, what doesn’t work.”

The head coach compared Tagovailoa attempting those throws to a kicker attempting a 60-yard field goal — there’s no way to know it will or won’t work until you try it."

He was slinging it down the field and doing so in a tropical storm.
I saw something yesterday saying that not only was it pouring but the defense knew it was a pass and knew what side of the field the ball was being thrown on. Of course the defense has the advantage to that.

I got queasy about Tannehill by about year four. The guy needed a perfect situation to succeed. If Tua sparks it up that’s great, but the Dolphins may be one of those ready made contenders that are just in need of a QB, like Tampa Bay was last year. Rodgers and Watson may be around by the in-season trade deadline, will the Dolphins bite?
People STILL think this?! lol

Flores added that practice is a time to “test the waters and see what works, what doesn’t work.”
You have to try it all in a new offense, and some things aren't going to work. That's what they are figuring out.
I don't want to be a Tua apologist, it just seems like there is so much energy in trying to make everything this kid does into a negative, I'm so baffled by the hate.
BAFFLED.

You have to try it all in a new offense, and some things aren't going to work. That's what they are figuring out.
I don't want to be a Tua apologist, it just seems like there is so much energy in trying to make everything this kid does into a negative, I'm so baffled by the hate.
BAFFLED.
I am fine with that if he was told to jam it deep...no pun intended. As long as he clean it up as days go by.

I am labeled as hater. Whatever....
I like the kid, I want him to be better than Marino. Having said that, I am a 'show me' fan. I don't automatically believe Tua, or any player, will be the next best thing until he shows me, contrast to many posters here.

I am fine with that if he was told to jam it deep...no pun intended. As long as he clean it up as days go by.

I like the kid, I want him to be better than Marino. Having said that, I am a 'show me' fan. I don't automatically believe Tua, or any player, will be the next best thing until he shows me, contrast to many posters here.
I'm with ya brother!

Coaching staff wants to break the habit of checking down too early and not taking a little risk with the deep ball.

This is called coaching, if you want to fix Tua's short ball habit, this is part of what must be done.

Lots of points to discuss, here's my take on it. It's early, and everyone should be pushing outside of their comfort zone, so many mistakes will be made. This is the time to stretch, and this is the time to improve. You can't have an impressive "after" picture without a clear "before" picture, and this is that.

1. Very happy to see they played in adverse conditions. These guys need to learn to be tough and look at bad weather as a Dolphins advantage. All season they will be referencing days like this to remind themselves that they're tough. It builds character and camraderie, and no team can have too much of either. As we get closer to real games we can worry about the dome protection.

2. As @Stoobz said, this is early and the defense should be way ahead of the offense. Glad to see they showed up.

3. Tua's INT's are noteworthy, yes, but I'm not very concerned about them just yet. As @RobertHorry mentioned, this is the time for Tua to let it rip and push that ball downfield. At first it will be ugly, but this is a skill he absolutely must have to succeed in the NFL. Last year he simply bailed on almost all intermediate throws over the middle from fear of being intercepted. It led to an impotent offense. If we're going to make that next step with Tua, it must begin with him succeeding in those intermediate throws over the middle. Given elite speed guys like Fuller and Waddle, with exceptionally quick fast guys like Bowden (and if either of them make the team also Grant and Wilson), Tua should have no problem finding guys who create plenty of separation ... so if his timing is good and he is accurate, he can succeed in those intermediate middle throws.

4. The OL has no chance in these no-pad drills, so don't worry about them yet. Hopefully the scatbacks and speed rushers look good now, because when the pads go on the big uglies start to dominate. Today is not that day ... but that day is coming.

5. It's very early. Let's take everything with a grain of salt. Yes, we are keeping score. Yes we are watching the results and they matter. But the important thing is that we're trying to do the right things and we're improving. No reason for panic or hyperbole as long as everyone remains healthy.

Why would you come in here and post common sense?

Wi
Lots of points to discuss, here's my take on it. It's early, and everyone should be pushing outside of their comfort zone, so many mistakes will be made. This is the time to stretch, and this is the time to improve. You can't have an impressive "after" picture without a clear "before" picture, and this is that.

1. Very happy to see they played in adverse conditions. These guys need to learn to be tough and look at bad weather as a Dolphins advantage. All season they will be referencing days like this to remind themselves that they're tough. It builds character and camraderie, and no team can have too much of either. As we get closer to real games we can worry about the dome protection.

2. As @Stoobz said, this is early and the defense should be way ahead of the offense. Glad to see they showed up.

3. Tua's INT's are noteworthy, yes, but I'm not very concerned about them just yet. As @RobertHorry mentioned, this is the time for Tua to let it rip and push that ball downfield. At first it will be ugly, but this is a skill he absolutely must have to succeed in the NFL. Last year he simply bailed on almost all intermediate throws over the middle from fear of being intercepted. It led to an impotent offense. If we're going to make that next step with Tua, it must begin with him succeeding in those intermediate throws over the middle. Given elite speed guys like Fuller and Waddle, with exceptionally quick fast guys like Bowden (and if either of them make the team also Grant and Wilson), Tua should have no problem finding guys who create plenty of separation ... so if his timing is good and he is accurate, he can succeed in those intermediate middle throws.

4. The OL has no chance in these no-pad drills, so don't worry about them yet. Hopefully the scatbacks and speed rushers look good now, because when the pads go on the big uglies start to dominate. Today is not that day ... but that day is coming.

5. It's very early. Let's take everything with a grain of salt. Yes, we are keeping score. Yes we are watching the results and they matter. But the important thing is that we're trying to do the right things and we're improving. No reason for panic or hyperbole as long as everyone remains healthy.
With you here.
INT is noteworthy, but far from pushing the panic button. However, just like you said, cannot write it off as 'means nothing'. It means Tua has a lot to work on.

If he clean up, great. If by camp ends, the INT persist, or Flo tells him to switch back and play safe, then we have to have a backup plan.

What I don’t understand is why Tua gets constant hate for an average rookie season….And yet Noah Iggybongighee had one of the worst rookie seasons in memory and EVERYONE defends him because he’s a “Project”. You can’t have it both ways people. if you’re of the opinion that Tua is **** because you watched his first 9 starts from last year….Then Iggbonnoggineee is a complete lost cause and should be cut right now.

I
What I don’t understand is why Tua gets constant hate for an average rookie season….And yet Noah Iggybongighee had one of the worst rookie seasons in memory and EVERYONE defends him because he’s a “Project”. You can’t have it both ways people. if you’re of the opinion that Tua is **** because you watched his first 9 starts from last year….Then Iggbonnoggineee is a complete lost cause and should be cut right now.
I did not defense Noah. He had a disappointing rookie season, and he better shows marked improvement this year, or he will be in bubble come next off season.
Sorry, I don't see anyone criticized Tua but gave Noah a pass.

I
I did not defense Noah. He had a disappointing rookie season, and he better shows marked improvement this year, or he will be in bubble come next off season.
Sorry, I don't see anyone criticized Tua but gave Noah a pass.
Not specifically calling you out…. No offense meant. But there are a ton of guys defending him on this site that have **** on Tua. Too many to count. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom