Mangold in the 1st?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mangold in the 1st??

phinfan_1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that we have Culpepper and Mawae is going to the titans I wouldn't mind taking Mangold in the 1st.
I know that he's projected to go late 1st or early 2nd but I wouldn't consider it a reach since he is the best C in the draft and he is a really smart guy and he would improve our line a whole lot.
I think we need to focus on improving our O-line in this draft that way we'd be set for years. And to protect Dante.
I wouldn't even mind taking a LT in the 2nd. I'd hate to go into this season with Dante with the line we have now.
Do you think Saban will consider this??

Assuming we sign Ashworth, our tackles would be pretty solid. If we get Ashworth, I would love to get Mangold. What I would like to see happen is trade our 1st for a later 1st round pick, or an early 2nd round pick, and hopefully get an extra pick or two in that deal. We could then use the late 1st or early 2nd on Mangold, and use our 3rd, 4th, and three 7ths plus any additional pick(s) we get from trading down, on mostly defensive players.

I love Mangold but Nick will not take him at 16....plus we got Shelton and we could still get Ashworth to play RT in which case Carey could move to RG and we'd be set.
LT-Shelton
LG-James
C-Hadnot
RG-Carey
RT-Ashworth

that seems fine to me and after that we could go for defence on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

Dolfan11 said:
Assuming we sign Ashworth, our tackles would be pretty solid. If we get Ashworth, I would love to get Mangold. What I would like to see happen is trade our 1st for a later 1st round pick, or an early 2nd round pick, and hopefully get an extra pick or two in that deal. We could then use the late 1st or early 2nd on Mangold, and use our 3rd, 4th, and three 7ths plus any additional pick(s) we get from trading down, on mostly defensive players.

Yes, that would be ideal, get Mangold and a corner with those picks.

Cornerback or safety seems like a no-brainer now. Could you imagine if Michael Huff dropped to #16??
Other than that, Jason Allen represents tremendous value no matter what round you pick him in.

Pocoloco said:
Cornerback or safety seems like a no-brainer now. Could you imagine if Michael Huff dropped to #16??
Other than that, Jason Allen represents tremendous value no matter what round you pick him in.

Huff wont fall to 16, Id rather Simpson than Allen, but both would be big additons to our secondary

Best left DB's are our pick will be Tye Hill, Ko Simpson, and Cromartie

I'd be Happy with Hill even though he doesn't fit Sabans prototype CB, as for Simpson I like him too but not at 16

Mangold would be a reach at 16, he's a late 1st rounder

no way

Rarely, and i mean RARELY, is it worth taking a center that high. You can always get a center later.

At this point, Saban has to concentrate on DB, LB and OL (tackles first).

I was reading the ESPN 2006 NFL Draft Preview Magazine (with Bush on the cover)...they said there is no consensus top Center this year, but Mangold is the best available...most have him going in the 2nd round, which means we won't take him at #16, and he will be gone before we pick in the 3rd.

Even Stevenson was drafted in the 2nd round and didn't start right away either as we had Mark Kennard.

Ozzy rules!!

Only way we think about drafting Mangold in the first is if we move all the way to the end of the 1st and accumulate more draft picks later on. At 16 we have to look at any position on defense.

trade down, with one of the last picks of 1st round, get an extra pick, draft mangold. by drafting him and hopefully signing ashworth, we will have solidified our o-line and also gain another pick in on of the later rounds to hopefully adress our db's. anyone know what our first rounder is worth on the value chart?

Back
Top Bottom