Manning vs Indy in year 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning vs Indy in year 1?

kidtransam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I usually just read and follow. But the fact that we have Indy as an away game this year...and the odds of us getting Manning are very high...this game could be one for the ages. Imagine Luck vs. Manning in year one, on indys dirt. Emotion city! Not to mention how much of a slap in the face it would be if Luck winds up flopping.

Apologies if this has already been posted about. I`m just pumped :)

I usually just read and follow. But the fact that we have Indy as an away game this year...and the odds of us getting Manning are very high...this game could be one for the ages. Imagine Luck vs. Manning in year one, on indys dirt. Emotion city! Not to mention how much of a slap in the face it would be if Luck winds up flopping.

Apologies if this has already been posted about. I`m just pumped :)

Better chance of Vaark and nyjunc becoming best friends.

lol..im not saying I think he will by any means. Just that the game itself has greatness potential oozing out of its ears.

Sunday/Monday Night Football type ****.

NFL would eat up that dream matchup for sure. ESPN would countdown the days from week one.

Ratings bonanza.

Colts fans might actually root for a player over a team.

Manning can say what he wants in front of a camera. "No hard feelings, Irsay and I will always be close, I wish Indianapolis the best," etc. But there will always be a part of Peyton Manning that wants to stick it to Jim Irsay and Indianapolis.

Pretty much what I was thinking. IF we do land Manning I figure we are a shoe in for a week one prime time game. And it will either be against the Pats, to start that biannual Brady/Manning rivalry again, or Manning against his old team.

You won't see a week one matchup.

The NFL will want to hype that game for several weeks.

The casual fan doesn't follow football in the offseason like we do. Casual fan is aware of things going on during the offseason but not near the level that the hardcore fans do.

The NFL will want to talk about the Manning/Luck matchup on air during games for several weeks. Similar to the Brett Favre return to Green Bay.

You won't see a week one matchup.

The NFL will want to hype that game for several weeks.

The casual fan doesn't follow football in the offseason like we do. Casual fan is aware of things going on during the offseason but not near the level that the hardcore fans do.

The NFL will want to talk about the Manning/Luck matchup on air during games for several weeks. Similar to the Brett Favre return to Green Bay.
True enough. But if they don't want to do Manning/Luck I am sure they will do Manning/Brady. Either way I am pretty sure we will have a prime time game in week one. Again, IF we sign Manning.

Manning v. Brady in week one makes a lot of sense.

Then again I haven't really looked at the schedule to see who we're playing outside of the AFC East.

Back
Top Bottom