Manning would be the wrong move for miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning would be the wrong move for miami

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Look Manning is a risk, flynn would be an investment in the future. There are too many things that can go wrong with Manning. His neck, his arm, he's old all the pieces have to fit, the system has to be right. And after all that if it all goes well Look at all the great qb's last year who were watching the superbowl on tv. The risk outweighs the reward. I would be far more upset if Ross screwed the pooch on the wrong draft pick or missed on a good available young QB. It is like roulette. A team is betting everything on one number coming up. Sure everyone of you will bash, and smash threads like this but then what happens if Manning Crashes and burns what will the threads look like then? Who's fault will that be? I think it is not worth it.

Paying Kevin Kolb money for the surprise behind Door #3 who may well end up playing like Kevin Kolb isn't a huge risk?

Look Manning is a risk, flynn would be an investment in the future. There are too many things that can go wrong with Manning. His neck, his arm, he's old all the pieces have to fit, the system has to be right. And after all that if it all goes well Look at all the great qb's last year who were watching the superbowl on tv. The risk outweighs the reward. I would be far more upset if Ross screwed the pooch on the wrong draft pick or missed on a good available young QB. It is like roulette. A team is betting everything on one number coming up. Sure everyone of you will bash, and smash threads like this but then what happens if Manning Crashes and burns what will the threads look like then? Who's fault will that be? I think it is not worth it.

not saying I agree with you but i admire you coming out and saying it because it will not be a popular opinion. I do think there is a good chance signing peyton could do more harm than good in long run but cant say i have made up mind an how in my mind is signing a great qb a bad thing

I kind of agree with the OP. I'd like to see what Flynn and Philbin can do.

my case against Peyton Manning:
1-people seem to keep forgetting that PM was only 9-10 in the playoffs, so how is he going to come in and win the SB rigth away.
2-this guy basically controls the offense meaning the offense rest on his "shoulders" , literally!
3-the unknown is still his health conditions and finally
4- if all else fails, we're back to square one.

I would love to have the PM....but if its to be Philbin's team, and he wanted Flynn from the get go...then things might implode sooner rather than later.

This thread is one reason Im not a fan of the no thanks button. I think it should be reserved for truly ba posts and threads. He made a valid point that is not popular, not an idiotic post.

What concerns me about Manning other than the stuff posted above is the fact that he's a control freak when it comes to the offence....we have a new HC who I feel given the chance to do it HIS way will really work at last for us. With his QB and his players it will work. But now you bring in Manning and spend your whole cap on him and everyone has to do it HIS way and this is going to backfire.

Ozzy rules!!

we have a new HC who I feel given the chance to do it HIS way will really work at last for us. With his QB and his players it will work

I agree, lets start fresh and get behind this coaching staff with this great fanbase and ride it out!

But now you bring in Manning and spend your whole cap on him and everyone has to do it HIS way and this is going to backfire

This has disaster written all over it!

I rarely rate threads but there are some that just because they disagree love to give a horrible rating so therefore Im rating this thread. I personally would only give a horrible thread a bad rating

your missing a few things in your assessment in my mind.

first you have to assume that peyton is healthy enough to play. Personally, I don't think peyton manning has it in him to con somebody into thinking he is healthy just to cut a check.
that being said, you are talking about a proven franchise, superbowl winning quarterback, who has been to two more superbowls in a handful of years than we have been to in something like 30 years, against a 27 year old or 28 year old matt flynn, who was a 7th round pick, and has subsequently started a total of two nfl games. Does that even make sense... your trying to convince me you'd rather have a station wagon than a ferrari.

Is peyton a risk? I'd say yes probably. It could fail and implode in our faces. Is it any more of a risk than matt flynn? How can you tell? How can you answer? Could peyton theoretically take us to the superbowl in 1-2 years... i think yes... is it my expectation... not really... should it be every dolphin fans expectation... probably not.

a lot of things have to happen for a team to go to the superbowl. I won't insult your intelligence by making an elementary list of said things... point is, peyton manning is our best chance to win the AFC east, and make a playoff push...

we can still draft a qb this year or even next year to be waiting in the wings when peyton is done. we can have two years to groom a quarterback, behind a legit franchise qb... I'm on record as believing however, that it's not peytons job to mentor and bring up a young qb... IMO, thats why we pay a coaching staff... a young qb, needs to watch peyton follow peyton... and the staff needs to nurture his progress... I think philbin and this staff actually have the capability to do that with a rookie qb, whereas I don't think the previous staff did....

Peyton to miami fixes two things... it allows ross a crack at his "win now" mentality everyone says he supposedly has, and we can still please philbin, by supplementing and building for the future in the draft...

If marino would have wanted to continue playing after JJ ushered him out, how many ppl would say they didnt' think marino was worth the risk cuz of the knee or the achilles and the limited mobility... NONE... in my estimation. while peyton and marino are two seperate players, theirs no deyning that peyton manning is worth the risk... he doesn't cost draft picks. hes anywhere from an incentive laden deal, to an above average contract risk... even if he commands big money, I'm not sure you could convince me he wasn't worth the risk.

we need to get this guy. In four years flyyn will be what 31, 32??? than it's probably time to start grooming the next guy anyway, so do you want 3-4 years of peyton, or 3-4 years of flynn... I'll take my chances on the 4x mvp.

we will be drafting a Qb too. dont worry. its in the cards.

Back
Top Bottom