manny wright | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

manny wright

This sounds very credible.

I'm sure his conditioning has only deteriorated since leaving the NFL, and he was below-expectations when he was here
(and I would've said this regardless of the post above about "clubbing" and drinking patron tequilla).

He's not a hard worker......he is history IMO

He's really big like probably over 330lbs big and not in shape at all.

I don't think he really mishandled the Manny Wright situation. He took a kid that did not want to work hard at all, had a weak mental constitution, and he brought him to a boil to where he felt he needed to **** or get off the pot. He got off the pot.

I think sometimes we lose sight of how damaging it could be if the Manny Wright laziness/wishy-washy attitude had been allowed to persist over a couple of years to where we could find ourselves tempted to count on him to produce...when he may not deliver.

You really do need people you can count on. If he looks good enough to hold down the fort at nose tackle, and so you don't go out of your way to acquire a good nose tackle, then you find yourself not being able to rely on him, that could be more devastating than driving him away sooner.

Now, I have to say now that Saban is gone I hope Manny is emboldened and decides he would like to work hard now...he would like to come back and show that he's a different man.

But I doubt it will happen.

Again, although he may not have completely mishandled the entire "Manny Wright situation" I believe that he did mishandle the initial confrontation that started all of it (I.E., the yelling/crying episode).

I am not saying that Manny had the right mindset or maturity or anything else. I just think that it could have been handled better by a.) finding out the reason that he did not dress out that day and b.) directing the anger/yelling (if merited) toward the correct person.

In this instance I read that a trainer told Manny not to dress out for some reason and it wasn't just because Manny did not want to dress out.

And also again, I agree that Manny needs to handle his maturity situation before he attempts a comeback.

Again, although he may not have completely mishandled the entire "Manny Wright situation" I believe that he did mishandle the initial confrontation that started all of it (I.E., the yelling/crying episode).

I am not saying that Manny had the right mindset or maturity or anything else. I just think that it could have been handled better by a.) finding out the reason that he did not dress out that day and b.) directing the anger/yelling (if merited) toward the correct person.

In this instance I read that a trainer told Manny not to dress out for some reason and it wasn't just because Manny did not want to dress out.

And also again, I agree that Manny needs to handle his maturity situation before he attempts a comeback.

Saban was wrong, but it's immaterial. Lots of coaches incorrectly yell at their players in the heat of the moment and find out they were wrong later.

Back
Top Bottom