Manuel and Davis Link.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manuel and Davis Link....

zephon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With Davis (asst. oline coach) coming over from USC he's been able to see what...if any...potential, workhabits, intelligence, and current skills that Manuel has. He hasn't coached him but his O-line, one of the best in college FB had to practice against the guy. I think that could be a very good resource that hopefully Saban uses for the Suppl. Draft.

just an observation.

That's a great observation. It's been said that Wright definitely has the tools. His lack of experience is an issue, but becomes less of one if his attitude and work habits are good. One thing I read said he weighed as much as 365 (coming into USC I believe) and now he is listed at about 310. So that shows that he put in the work to get in better shape. He's an interesting prospect especially since Miami really needs a young and talented DT.

I have made reference to this link repeatedly now for a month

I have mentioned this for more than a month, but most folks are caught up in what they think Saban will do or will not do due to his draft philosophy

Lee2000

Do you think Saban will use a 3rd round draft choice (where I've heard Manuel may possibly go) on a player who may not help us until 2006? From what I hear, this guy is a high risk/high reward guy. The fact that he's had trouble keeping his weight down makes me question his discipline and his commitment to his craft.

If its right that he weighed 365 pounds going into USC it shows that he can work hard and is disciplined. AS long as he wasn't a complete slob when he was that heavy, it shows he can probably bulk up. I bet Saban will put in a 4th round pick . We have the 2 choice, so if he lasts we have a good chance of getting him.

He's coming in for two days, that's a bit surprising and maybe telling no? Possibly a strong indicator the Phins are planning on using a first day '06 pick on him. Phins are a bit desperate for DT help so it wouldn't surprise me to see them use a 2nd round pick on Manuel.

Quote from Dolphinrising: "He's coming in for two days, that's a bit surprising and maybe telling no? Possibly a strong indicator the Phins are planning on using a first day '06 pick on him. Phins are a bit desperate for DT help so it wouldn't surprise me to see them use a 2nd round pick on Manuel."

I was thinking the same thing. I would expect other teams might go that high as well, especially a team like Green Bay that feels (right or wrong) that they are close. Teams that think they'll be picking near the bottom of the 2nd round in the 2006 draft might take a chance.

DolphinsRising said:
Phins are a bit desperate for DT help so it wouldn't surprise me to see them use a 2nd round pick on Manuel.

Then Phins desparation for a DT isn't going to be solved by bringing this kid in. The guy could be good in a few years, but he isn polished enough to contribute THIS YEAR.

Plus he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

Losman 7 Quote: "Then Phins desparation for a DT isn't going to be solved by bringing this kid in. The guy could be good in a few years, but he isn polished enough to contribute THIS YEAR.

Plus he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either."

I'm not sure if he couldn't contribute right away to whichever team drafts him. Granted, most rookies need time to develop and few start their first year. He would also be a little behind in his first year compared to other rookies. But if you are building for the future, Wright has the kind of talent that a team will take a chance on, maybe as high as the second round.

His talent, combined with the fact that DT's are at a premium, will make him a higher pick than a lot of people expect IMO. A gamble? Certainly, but teams gamble high picks on DT's all the time.

I'm not sure if he couldn't contribute right away to whichever team drafts him. Granted, most rookies need time to develop and few start their first year. He would also be a little behind in his first year compared to other rookies. But if you are building for the future, Wright has the kind of talent that a team will take a chance on, maybe as high as the second round.

His talent, combined with the fact that DT's are at a premium, will make him a higher pick than a lot of people expect IMO. A gamble? Certainly, but teams gamble high picks on DT's all the time.[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not that i don't think th e guy will be good, or that a 2nd would be a waste on him. But if Saban is looking for imediate help, he isn't your answer IMO.

Losman7 said:

His talent, combined with the fact that DT's are at a premium, will make him a higher pick than a lot of people expect IMO. A gamble? Certainly, but teams gamble high picks on DT's all the time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not that i don't think th e guy will be good, or that a 2nd would be a waste on him. But if Saban is looking for imediate help, he isn't your answer IMO.

like the saints :lol:

Back
Top Bottom