Manuel Wright to work out for Dolphins (KFFL) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manuel Wright to work out for Dolphins (KFFL)

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted yet, sorry if it was.

Dolphins | Wright to Work Out - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:00:01 -0700

The Miami Dolphins will workout USC DT Manuel Wright on Friday, June 24. Wright has been declared eligible for the July 14 supplemental draft.

It makes sense- he would go 1st/2nd round next year, and we could get him for the equivalent of a 4th.

Good deal.

Good news. We are so thin up the middle. Traylor, maybe CHester, Vickerson, Zgonia, and a sometimes Kevin CArter. One injury to either Chester or Traylor and we are in very bad shape. I say we grab the kid if we can.

But keep in mind everyone, if we do grab him lets say in the 4th, we will encounter about 10000 threads in March/April saying... "I AM SICK OF GIVING UP DRAFT PICKS! SABAN SAID HE WOULDNT! WE HAVE SO FEW PICKS! BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Dolfan1000 said:
But keep in mind everyone, if we do grab him lets say in the 4th, we will encounter about 10000 threads in March/April saying... "I AM SICK OF GIVING UP DRAFT PICKS! SABAN SAID HE WOULDNT! WE HAVE SO FEW PICKS! BLAH BLAH BLAH!"
We're not giving up draft picks, we are just getting one early, makes no difference. Except this year, we are higher up in the order, so we should take advantage of that!

Dolfan1000 said:
yes but this isnt trading, or throwing it away. were actually getting a player who could go in the 1st or def. in the 2nd rd in next years draft for a 4th rd. pick. i dont know but that sounds like a deal to me.

Dolfan1000 said:

I think those threads would start within minutes of hearing we got Wright.

Can someone post his profile or something?

Is he strictly a run-stuffing DT, or a DT/DE tweener?

Its not the same thing.What in effect we would be doing is anticipating one of next years draft picks at a relatively cheap cost value wise.

Glad to see that we our bringing him in. This means that we are vert interested in Wright. Wright it the guy that we need to draft to become are starting DT in the next year or two.

Question, would his salary count toward this year's rookies pool, or next year's rookie pool, if we were to draft him. We' ve never drafted a suplementary player that I can remember, so I've never thought of this before. How exactly does this work, and how does it impact our cap for this coming year?

I remember reading he is somewhat undersized for a DT- and wouldnt Nick lean towards someone larger, assuming this guy is our future NT in a 3-4? He doesnt really have the size for it..

Remember: Dolphins have inside viewpoint to Wright!

The assistant offensive line coach was the offensive line coach at USC. He knows something about Wright's abilities you can bet.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom