manuel wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

manuel wright

Dolfan4life34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
i am really hoping now knowing that he was once 360 lbs that we draft him and the fact it gives us 2 young dts would be nice i also was just looking at a website for ncaa football 06 and in that game he was going to be ranked a 94 so this can be a very good pick to nab him with a 4th in the supplemental draft

link goto usc inveiled and look up DT #92
http://www.psxsports.com

Imo, I feel he has the capibility to be a good player, I mean he was a back up to a couple of really good defensive tackles in SC. He may not be the brightest cookie, but he can flat out play. He is a lot lighter then his 360 listing and he has been training in Colorado. His trainers have had nothing but good things to say about his ability and punctuality has been noted as 100 percent ontime, why not draft him with a 3rd round pick? Plus, If Ncaa 2006 says he is a stud why not give up a 1st? hell no!:jk:

I think he is a little undersized to play DT...Maybe I'm wrong but to me him and Kevin Carter are almost the same size and I wouldn't call Carter a DT but rather a DE

BenchFiedler said:
I think he is a little undersized to play DT...Maybe I'm wrong but to me him and Kevin Carter are almost the same size and I wouldn't call Carter a DT but rather a DE

Isn't the dude like 6'6' 360??

I wouldn't bid anymore than a 4th, but if we can get him for that I'm all for it.

most websites that have a profile of Wright have him currently between 285 and 310. However he is extremely strong even at this weight and shouldnt have any problems adding 15-20 lbs to his 6-6 frame. Also, how often do you find a DT in the 300lb range that runs a 4.8 forty?
His biggest knock seems to be that he is a bit of a lightweight....in the mental dept though. But, playing DT doesnt require rocket science so that shouldnt matter much.
Timbo is gone, Chester is questionable this year and very doubtful beyond, and Carter and Traylor are in the twilights of their careers.
Wright is worth a 3rd round pick IMO

Dolfan4life34 said:
i am really hoping now knowing that he was once 360 lbs that we draft him and the fact it gives us 2 young dts would be nice i also was just looking at a website for ncaa football 06 and in that game he was going to be ranked a 94 so this can be a very good pick to nab him with a 4th in the supplemental draft

Yeah, lets draft someone because they are ranked highly on a video game. Please people, wake up and rely on reality.

when is the supplemental draft, I know it's in July some time

Dolfan4life34 said:

I don't see the sense in this..why would we draft a backup college DT ?? He was ok...but didn't beat out the other 3 guys in front of him ?? I don't know that he is worth even a 4th round pick in the supplemental, but we definitely have a need at DT....

If we have the opp. to grab a guy with 1st or 2nd round potential for a 4th round pick we should snatch him up. Yes, I know "potential" is the operative word. However, as thin as we are a DT, I believe it to be a justified risk.

alright this guy played behind a first rd picked dt and a second rd dt that should have been taen higher so i dont wanna here that he couldnt beat out other players they were very good players and will start on the wo teams they went to

cody (detroit)
patterson (philly)

If wright has 1st or 2nd round potential, why wouldn't another team in need of a DT be willing to bid a 3rd or 2nd for him. You guys talk as if he is a lock to be nabbed with a fourth... doesn't make sense.

LarryFinFan said:
I don't see the sense in this..why would we draft a backup college DT ?? He was ok...but didn't beat out the other 3 guys in front of him ?? I don't know that he is worth even a 4th round pick in the supplemental, but we definitely have a need at DT....

Something called potential. You can't rely on playing time and stats anymore. Brown was drafted ahead of the guy who started over him at his own school becuase he was projected to have more potential at the next level. This guy from USC is also young and he would have started for 99% of DI school last year.

Back
Top Bottom