Manziel Released And Barred From Other Cfl Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel Released And Barred From Other Cfl Teams

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
I wonder what he failed??? :nah:

Manziel Released, Barred From Other CFL Teams

The Montreal Alouettes released quarterback Johnny Manziel on Wednesday, saying he "contravened the agreement which made him eligible to play" in the Canadian Football League.

The CFL effectively said the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner is terminated. The league informed the eight other teams that it wouldn't register a contract for Manziel if any tried to sign him. Montreal had his full rights for two seasons.

"We advised Montreal that Johnny had violated one of the conditions we had set for him to be in our league. And Montreal announced his release today," CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie said in Vancouver. "We didn't release the terms of those conditions then and we're not going to do that now.

http://www.espn.com/cfl/story/_/id/26094839/manziel-released-barred-other-cfl-teams

I wonder if this was a tactical decision on Johnny's part because he wants to get into the AAF, seeing it as a better stepping stone into the NFL?

I wonder if this was a tactical decision on Johnny's part because he wants to get into the AAF, seeing it as a better stepping stone into the NFL?

You'd like to think Johnny is looking ahead,but not so sure seeing his past history.

Back
Top Bottom