Maradonna Or Pele!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maradonna Or Pele!!!

One question one needs to ask though is how would these guys (Pele and Maradona) fare in today's game? They almost certainly wouldn't be as dominant or special (for that matter transport one of today's greats back into their time), and one can argue there was a difference in level of play between Pele's years and Maradona's too.

I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but that needs to be kept in mind.

ckb2001 said:
One question one needs to ask though is how would these guys (Pele and Maradona) fare in today's game? They almost certainly wouldn't be as dominant or special (for that matter transport one of today's greats back into their time), and one can argue there was a difference in level of play between Pele's years and Maradona's too.

I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but that needs to be kept in mind.

Great point CKB

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I have meet giorgio C a few times, he lives (At least part time in the next town over). He did some clinics for me with my club soccer team.

I still have my soccer bowl 1978 banner on my wall, with all the Cosmos sigs on it (no Pele was not a cosmos) but Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, Giorgio C, Denis the Menace Tueart among others!

Great memories dude.

dominizzo said:
Argentina is the best TEam!! I love Em Boomer!!
Do you see a world cup in 4 years with Riquelme and MEssi Tevez Sorin MAxi?

They'll always be a quality team, but Riquelme will be 32, Sorin will be 34, etc. So it'll be on the shoulders of Maschareno and Tevez and Messi, as well as youngsters like Gabriel Paletta, Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta, Neri Cardoza, Julio Barroso, Cachete Oberman and Gago Fernando.

Boomer said:
So then we'd be ruling Maradona, Pele, etc out of any discussion on being the world's best player.

Both of those guys played about 60% to 70% of the pitch. Thierry Henry is a camper.

Henry runs to the midfield stripe and then just says..Oh okay...that's enough.

Back
Top Bottom