Marcell Dareus signs extension with Buffalo, 6 years 108 million | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcell Dareus signs extension with Buffalo, 6 years 108 million

Paying out these high contracts to this many non QBs sets the Bills up for continuing fail at the position. Yea the Bills have a lot of talent on defense and spent a lot of money on skill positions on the offense as well but without that QB the odds of winning a Super Bowl are not high. They will most likely be a playoff team which takes them out the top 10 spots in the draft where the chances of finding that elusive QB are far higher than picking in the 20s.

In a perfect scenario teams picking in the top 10 get that opportunity to find a franchise QB. Miami had a golden opportunity in 2008 and passed on it but fortunately were able to capitalize in 2012.

Its important to keep in mind teams have to spend 89% of their cap over a 4 year period. I believe that number is soon set to rise as well.

Assuming they draft a quarterback this offseason they will get most of Dareus contract off the books before the rookie's affordable contract is up. So they can afford to be aggressive in locking down their talent. I wish like hell Miami had taken advantage of Tannehill's initial deal but...Jeff Ireland...

I agree, they are in trouble. They are stuck where we were post-Marino. But that was pretty much determined after they drafted Manuel and then traded up for Sammy Watkins. Now they pay the price. Their only hope is a loaded quarterback class hits the draft and they can make an RG3 like trade. Rex, to his credit, seems to realize they are stuck. Matt Cassel could have won them some games. Instead either Tyrod rises to the occasion or they all burn. I expect EJ Manuel to get plugged in if Tyrod eventually gets benched.

Back
Top Bottom